If your car has been towed, you’re probably feeling stressed and confused. What do you do now? How do you get your car back? In this blog post, we will provide 10 useful tips for when you consider a car towing service. Keep reading to learn more!
1) Call the Tow Truck Company As Soon As Your Car Is Towed
If your car has been towed, the first thing you should do is call the car towing service company. They will be able to tell you where your car is and how you can get it back.
Some things to keep in mind when calling the car towing service:
– Be Polite and Calm. The person on the other end of the line is not responsible for your car getting towed and they can’t do anything to help if you’re angry or upset.
– Have Your Car’s Information Ready. When you call, they will ask for your car’s make, model, license plate number, and location where it was towed from.
– Ask Questions. If you’re unsure about car towing services, don’t hesitate to ask questions.
– Know Your Rights. You have the right to know why your car was towed, where it is being stored, and how much it will cost to get it back.
If you follow these car towing service tips, you’ll be able to get your car back as quickly and smoothly as possible. Thanks for reading!
2) Find Out Where Your Car Was Towed to and Go There As Soon As Possible
Your car can only be stored for a certain amount of time before it is auctioned off or sold, so it’s important to find out where it was towed to and go there as soon as possible.
The car towing service company should have given you the address and phone number of the impound lot when you called them. If not, you can look up the information online or in the phone book.
Once you know where your car is, go there immediately. The sooner you retrieve your car, the less money you will have to pay in storage fees.
3) Get a Copy of the Tow Truck Driver’s Paperwork, Which Will Include the Car Towing Service Fees
When you get to the impound lot, the first thing you’ll need to do is get a copy of the tow truck driver’s paperwork. This paperwork will include all of the information about the car towing service fees.
Be sure to ask for a breakdown of all of the fees so that you can be sure you’re not being overcharged. The most common fees are for the actual tow, storage, and administrative costs.
If you feel like you’re being overcharged, don’t hesitate to ask for a manager or supervisor. They will be able to help you resolve the issue.
Thanks for reading! We hope these car towing service tips will be helpful if your car ever gets towed. Remember, the sooner you retrieve your car from the impound lot, the less money you’ll have to pay in storage fees. So if your car ever does get towed, don’t wait – go and get it as soon as possible!
4) If You Think the Fees Are Too High, Dispute Them With the Tow Truck Company
If you feel like the car towing service fees are too high, you can always dispute them with the tow truck company. They may be willing to negotiate a lower price, especially if you’re a repeat customer.
It’s also a good idea to call around to different car towing service companies and compare prices before you have your car towed. That way, you’ll know what a fair price is and you won’t be taken advantage of.
5) Have Your Car Towed to a Nearby Mechanical Garage for an Inspection
If your car has been towed, it’s a good idea to have it towed to a nearby mechanical garage for an inspection. The tow truck company should be able to recommend a few different garages in the area.
It’s important to get your car inspected because there is a chance that it was damaged during the tow. If there is any damage, you’ll want to get it fixed as soon as possible so that it doesn’t get worse.
The car towing service inspection should only take a few minutes and it will give you peace of mind knowing that your car is in good condition.
6) Make Sure All Your Personal Belongings are Removed From the Car Before It’s Towed
Before your car is towed, you’ll need to make sure that all of your personal belongings are removed from the car. The list includes things like your wallet, phone, keys, and any other valuables.
The last thing you want is for your belongings to be lost or stolen while your car is in the impound lot. So be sure to remove everything from the car before it’s towed away.
7) Get in Touch With Your Car Insurance Company
If you have car insurance, you’ll need to get in touch with your car towing service insurance company as soon as possible. They may be able to cover the cost of the tow and/or the storage fees.
It’s a good idea before considering a car towing service provider involves finding out what your car insurance policy covers before you have your car towed. That way, you’ll know what to expect and you won’t be surprised by any unexpected costs.
8) Stay Calm and Do Not Panic!
The most important thing to do if your car gets towed is to stay calm and don’t panic. It can be a stressful situation, but it’s important to remain calm and think clearly.
If you panic, you may make a bad decision that will end up costing you more money. So take a deep breath and relax – everything will be alright in the end. Thanks for reading! We hope these tips were helpful if your car ever gets towed. Remember, the sooner you retrieve your car from the impound lot, the less money you’ll have to pay in storage fees. So if your car ever does get towed, don’t wait – go and get it as soon as possible!
9) Be Prepared for the Next Time Your Car Gets Towed
Now that you know what to do if your car gets towed, you can be prepared for the next time it happens. Hopefully, these car towing service tips will help you save time and money if your car ever does get towed again.
10) Use These Tips to Avoid Getting Your Car Towed in the First Place!
The best way to deal with a car that’s been towed is to avoid getting your car towed in the first place. There are a few simple things you can do to reduce the risk of your car being towed:
– Park in a well-lit and visible area.
– Do not park in handicap spots or fire lanes.
– Make sure you’re not blocking any driveways or sidewalks.
We hope you found these car towing service tips useful and that they help the next time your car gets towed. Remember, the best way to avoid getting your car towed is to be aware of your surroundings and to always park in a designated spot. If you follow the aforementioned tips, you should be able to avoid getting your car towed. But if it does happen, now you know what to do! Thanks for reading. We hope this was helpful! If you have any questions or need any assistance regarding car towing service, feel free to give DLJ Towing & Roadside Assistance a call and we’ll be happy to help.