Like every year that begins, we talk about trends that are going strong for this year 2019. We are not fortune tellers, but the video, the changes in social networks and automations are leading the way. What can we not lose sight of? What would be interesting to try in our business? Where can we update?
Discover 8 online marketing trends that we have highlighted for this 2019
Video marketing continues to boom in 2019
In 2017, the video began to stand out over the rest of the multimedia content, and in 2018, it managed to gain the confidence of those responsible for marketing, who in 2019, have already planned to add it to their strategies.
Everything indicates that in 2019 its use will intensify and more video content will be developed for marketing campaigns .
Because what advantages has the use of video shown in our online marketing campaigns?
- The visibility of videos on social networks and online platforms is very remarkable. Above all, ephemeral video, testimonials, interviews or videos of product samples have triumphed.
- They have a great impact and add added value to the different user. It is more direct and closer.
- If we seek interaction with users, the video has better results in most cases.
- Improve engagement between brand and customer.
- Video consumption is increasing on all types of devices.
- Increasingly, the use of video in organic positioning (SEO) is valued and rewarded.
And based on the rise of the video, some of the trends that we keep telling you also revolve.
Instagram television, IGTV
Instagram for years has already become one of the most important online marketing channels for many sectors. With more than 4 million daily interactions and an average participation higher than Facebook, it is always making updates and applying new features to continue attracting users. With the aim of not losing its prominence, a few months ago Instagram launched IGTV, its new video platform dedicated especially for mobile users (the star device on the online channel). But the novelty is not its appearance, which it already was in 2018, but for a shorter time it allows to publish long-format videos , which enables the implementation of more complex strategies that go one step further than Instagram Stories.
The bets for augmented reality continue
The news about the bets of different companies on this reality are increasingly common. Still under development, Facebook already allows augmented reality ads . With a simple interaction on the call to action, by clicking, you will access the camera of your phone, being able to visualize how those glasses or lipsticks that you just saw would look like.
A great development that allows you to change the way you interact with users by changing and improving the user experience. Very interesting insurance for certain e-commerce.
Chatbots as a fundamental tool of online marketing this 2019
More and more companies are implementing chatbots with the aim of improving their customer service and experience. Due to their ability to simulate conversations with customers automatically, they are part of marketing automation . They progressively improve the perfection of their responses thanks to the use of artificial intelligence computer systems . Do you dare to try them? We invite you to it.
We will read more voice searches
Voice searches of users increase. Alexa, Google Home, Siri, … Every time we talk more, we write less. The voice searches are taken into account in the online marketing strategies of companies mainly by:
– The considerable increase in this type of search.
– The incorporation of devices or gadgets dedicated mainly to this type of interaction (Google Home and Alexa).
– The impact of this trend of voice searches in SEO. The searches that you carry out by voice are different from those that you carry out when writing them: greater semantic coordination and greater weight on the topic of geolocation. Do not lose sight of these factors to raise your keyword search strategies and other issues. For that, you might want to get in touch with the best affordable seo services for small businesses.
Not without our mobile device
Last year the use of the mobile device already surpassed that of the computer. This has caused advertising platforms to adapt their algorithms to these devices and reward those businesses that propose strategies focused mainly on this device. An example, Mobile First , the Google program that prioritizes the positioning of pages that have this technology.
Automations as the basis for various online marketing trends in 2019
We continue with the trend in online marketing this 2019 with automations, which allow us to see two trends based on this booming. We find two related trends:
New technologies allow for more accurate and not just more accurate analysis, but much more information in record time. Thanks to this we can impact with more timely content, at the most accurate time and for the right user. We would talk about the correct use of data in favor of personalizing the content .
Analytics and CRO
Information is power. As in the previous marketing trend, technology has made possible the appearance of tools that allow us to measure and analyze in detail all the recorded information . So start using them since 2019 will be the year in which we stop implementing actions blindly and know exactly why you make one decision or another.
In online marketing, updates and changes are continuous, for which we will continue to be attentive and expectant about what will happen in the years ahead.