Have you ever considered air duct cleaning? It’s a good idea to do it regularly. The air we breathe in our homes is full of bacteria and dust, leading to serious health problems. Regular air duct cleaning can help keep your air clean and prevent illness for you and your family. In this blog post, we will discuss some valuable tips and tricks for air duct cleaning so that you know what to expect when the time comes!
1) A good air duct cleaning company will always have a team of two – one worker to operate the equipment and another to vacuum out any debris. Air ducts are challenging workspaces that require you to free both hands for the best results. If you’re thinking about doing air duct cleaning yourself, definitely don’t use this method! Hiring a professional air duct cleaning company will help you to complete your task.
2) Technicians recommend a high-powered HEPA vacuum cleaner and air purifiers for air duct cleaning so that you can breathe while working. It’s also essential to have proper ventilation in your home before the commencement of air duct cleaning to air out any particles in the air.
If you don’t require air duct cleaning, you should consider changing air filters instead to keep your air clean for the future!
3) Remove your air duct’s filters before cleaning your air ducts. Air ducts become more challenging to clean if you find them clogged with dust and debris! Moreover, you don’t want this filth getting back into your HVAC unit when you turn it on again.
This means that workers must only drill from outside an exterior wall instead of breaching interior air ducts. This helps keep the air in your home as clean as possible, which is always a plus!
4) When you’re cleaning air ducts, it’s essential not to allow debris into the home or HVAC unit before vacuuming out thoroughly.
Cleaning any air vents located directly outside is usually included in the service. Still, if you see any blocked or dirty air vent covers on exterior walls (or inside!), it’s essential to let a professional know so that they can clean them for you!
5) A thorough air duct cleaning will also include checking all of the air vents in your home to make sure they are clear and unobstructed.
6) Apparently, air duct cleaning usually involves bending and stretching. This can be bad for your back if not done carefully! Workers should always bend with their knees as much as possible to avoid injury during air duct cleaning.
7) If you’re looking into air ducts or HVAC units in general, you must hire a company that knows what they are doing – feel free to contact professional HVAC technicians at any time regarding questions on air-duct cleaning!
8) It’s best if an air duct cleaning company has two workers – one for the equipment and another for vacuuming out the debris afterward. It’s also essential to have proper ventilation before starting work on air ducts so that particles aren’t rereleased into the home when turned back on!
9) Only air ducts that will be directly exposed to the outside should have air vents removed ahead of air-duct cleaning. Also, workers shouldn’t drill through any interior air ducts for safety reasons – they should only work on exterior walls to keep your air clean. It doesn’t cost anything extra anyway!
10) Air duct cleaning professionals can check for mold and mildew growth signs in air ducts. If these are found, air duct cleaners should also be able to take care of them since they have the right equipment such as air scrubbers for this type of job. And again, it may not hurt to get a second opinion from another air duct cleaning so that you know that everything was correctly done by both parties involved.
11) Air duct cleaners can use air duct moisture meters. This helps them determine how much air humidity is coming out from the air ducts. If it reads too high, then they know that there may be a problem with mold growing inside your air duct system.
12) Air Duct mold can also cause severe respiratory problems for anyone who encounters it by accident while walking past the area of an untreated air vent or air duct opening. You would have seen all kinds of warnings posted on websites about how people get sick just from being near air duct mold! The same goes for black soot found inside air vents and around their openings.
13) A quick way to tell if there’s any insulation inside air ducts is to look at the color of what’s coming out. If it looks like dust or small particles, then there probably isn’t any insulation inside those air ducts, which means you should hire an air duct cleaning service as soon as possible!
14) Air Duct air scrubbers are the best way to go for air duct cleaning professionals who want to restore air quality in homes quickly and efficiently. These machines make short work of any foul odors found inside air ducts, making it possible for homeowners to breathe easier once again!
15) You should never attempt doing your own air duct mold removal without having at least some kind of protective gear on hand, such as an N-95 mask, gloves, safety goggles, etc. The reason is that you don’t know what types of pollutants might be lurking inside those air ducts or around their openings. “Would you recommend hiring this air duct cleaning company for air duct mold cleanup services again?”
16) Another good idea when hiring someone to do air duct mold removal is to get references from other people who have professionally removed air duct mold in the past. This way, you can contact them and ask questions such as , “Did they do a good job?”
17) If there are no visible signs of air duct mildew or air duct rot, you should consider hiring cleaners to inspect your air duct because this is the place where the problem lies! They should be able to figure out what’s going on once they crawl around inside your air vents and give everything a complete examination from top-to-bottom, so you know exactly what needs to happen next.
18) If you have tried hiring someone to clean your air vents yourself but were unsuccessful or felt that their work didn’t meet your expectations for some reason, then consider contacting a professional air vent cleaning company next time around. They should tell you how much money would be involved after inspecting things first hand, so there won’t be any surprises later on down the road when you get an invoice on top of your desk.
19) If there are signs that rodents may be nesting inside air ducts or near their openings, then get ready for some serious charges because rodent trapping is an additional fee when hiring professionals to do air duct cleaning services. The last thing you want is one of those nasty creatures getting loose in your home, so always be mindful of these types of details beforehand if possible!
20) Hiring somebody with experience doing animal removal from air ducts is one of the very best air duct cleaning tips.
21) When air duct repair professionals show up on your home’s doorstep, ask them what kind of warranty they will give you if something goes wrong during air duct mold removal services or air vent repairs too. That way, all parties can walk away feeling content.
22) If air duct repair is necessary after air duct mold removal services, it’s best to have an air duct specialist do this for you because they know what the job entails.
23) Always get references from people who hired air duct cleaners to determine whether their work was satisfactory enough based on previous experience other than trying out that same method yourself first. You will save a lot of time, money, and aggravation in the long run!