Windows 10 Error code 0xc000000f is a Rare Blue Death Screen (BSOD) fatal Windows error which arises after downloading new software or upgrading the OS. It could sound like that. Where Windows 10 users have the luxury of having so many innovative features, there is time when users face differentiated troubles & issues. When the blunder is detected, the user will be stopped from continuing to function.
Confronting this error does not signify that the OS is damaged. It only means that the OS encounters an issue at the point when it starts to access some files. The error can arise when you start the computer or in the course of instructing the computer to access a hardware, that can be a USB inserted in a port or a printer on a shared network. The appearance of Stop Error Code 0x0000007e leads to the blue screen of death.
Causes behind Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000f
Error code 0xc000000f in Windows 10 is One of the most common error code reported by users. The Boot Configuration Data (BCD) recognises this error as a concern. Once the error arises it comes with a message of error signifying that your device requires repair. This also sets out a list of recommendations.Every software issue comes with a solution to effectively fix and resolve the Windows Error code 0xc00000f . The key workarounds for resolving the error are testing, finding the issue and repairing the device, then going forward to correct or restore the boot configuration data and generating EFI system partitioning.
Before we focus on the feasible cures, let’s understand the reasons behind it. Usually, the Boot Manager cannot find the BCD (Boot Configuration Database) file in the system owing to the following causes:
Reasons why you obtain error 0xc000000f on Windows 10
You receive error 0xc000000f on Windows 10 because of the following reasons:
- Corrupt boot sector because of infections or power outage
- Damage power cord or external device
- Corrupt system drivers & system files
- Damaged hard disk
- Unsuitable shutdown
- Virus/Malware infection.
- Outdated hardware drivers or system.
- Outdated or wrong system BIOS.
- Incompatible system or hardware drivers.
- Insufficient space on the hard disk.
Troubleshoot Boot BCD Error Code 0xc00000f In Windows 10
The underneath solutions have the possibility to resolve the Window 10 issue. In the provided sequence you will need to obey the steps and instructions exactly. The resolutions provided underneath are very much feasible so it is simple to bring back your Windows to the normal condition assuring data security.
Method 1 – Detach the devices or USB connected with your Computer
Normally the USB devices that are connected to the computer or laptop ports are the main cause for this blunder. Thus detaching the cables or the USB is essential. You will then have to reboot your computer to guarantee that the error is resolved.
The damaged power cord can lead the Windows to stop booting up abruptly as the power supply is interrupted. It is suggested to remove entire external devices from the computer before acting.
Step 1: First turn off the Windows device.
Step 2: Eject it from the power source. Check the power cord for any visible symbol of wear and tear. If so, change it before plugging it back on. If it looks well, perform the following steps.
Step 3: Remove entire connected devices such as microphone, USB devices, webcam, dongles, and other electronic accessories one by one.
Step 4: Switch on the device to try again.
Method 2 – Confirm your Hard Drive
Before proceeding further, confirm that your computer hardware doesn’t create the issue. In that case you require to run CHKDSK tool and search your hard disk first.
- First place your CD / DVD installation on the drive, and start your device. Choose repair machine moving below once you have installed the correct language, keyboard.
- Visit the boot drive for Windows that is usually the C:\-> Click Next.
- When the screen displays the Device Recovery Options-> Run the Prompt command following the options. Type in and perform the commands.
Your second move must be to do away with unessentiall files on your computer that take up valuable space. This solution will work if the 0x0000007e error arises after starting your computer.
- Reboot your computer.
- Click “F8” key to load the “Recovery screen“.
- Press “Advanced Repair Options.”
- Press “Troubleshoot.”
- Tap “Advanced Options.”
- Press “Windows Startup Settings.”
- Tap “Restart.”
- Your computer will reboot in safe mode. Remove the entire temporary files, program backup files and Internet cache files on the resultant “Recovery Console.”
Reboot your computer normally and do whatever you were doing to check whether or not the error 0x0000007e is fixed.
Method 3 – Fix PC from Configuration Wizard
Follow solutions to address Error Code 0xc00000f in Windows 10 on your Mac. You need to confirm that you have a compatible Bootable like: CD / DVD, USB, or Flash Drive.
- Attach the CD / DVD and choose the language you wish to install, time and currency format, and method of input that keyboard with the relevant drop downs-> Click Next.
- From the setup wizard, choose Fix your Computer. If the system starts without any issue, allow the tool to auto fix the error.
Method 4 – Fix your Computer
Whether you’re keeping a bootable CD / DVD, Pen Drive or USB drive it’s best, you’ll need to produce one if you’re now. Follow the steps underneath to produce one of Windows 10’s bootable pen drive, CD / DVD and Windows 8’s.
- Plug USB drive, pen drive, Play DVD / CD into the relevant port, or optical DVD drive into the installation unit.
- Restart your Mac, and click F2, F3, F4, Del or Esc depending on your computer. Once the BIOS screen is displayed, choose the right Boot Order.
- Set up your USB disk, pen player, DVD / CD disk name in the boot system initial row.
- Press F10 to save the changed settings, and reboot your device again. The device eventually reboots with good installation media and resolves Error Code 0xc00000f in Windows 10.
Method 5– UPDATE BIOS
This method will only work if the error arises long after starting your computer. Note that the Basic Input and Output System (BIOS) plays the significant role of informing the OS whether or not installed hardware are available for use. Any trouble in the system leads to the occurrence of error 0x0000007e.
- Tap “Start” on your computer.
- Enter “msinfo32″ or 64 in the search box.
- Press “System Summary.”
- Note down the shown date and version of the BIOS.
- Connect your computer to the web.
- After that access your computer’s or your computer’s motherboard manufacturer website.
Check to notice whether or not your computer’s BIOS is the latest. You require to download the latest BIOS software just in case your computer’s software is outdated.
You require to pay close attention to BIOS software installation instructions to prevent damaging your computer beyond repair. Reboot your computer after upgrading the BIOS and do what you were doing before the Stop error 0x0000007e occurred to see if it is resolved.
Method 6 – REMOVE THIRD-PARTY DRIVERS
Third-party drivers can easily lead to error 0x0000007e. Removing them can instantly fix the error. This solution only works if the error arises after starting your computer.
- Create a temporary folder to host the entire third-party drivers installed on your computer. You require to create the folder in the same sub-directory containing the OS. This is because few devices make use of either IDE or SCSI controller drivers by third-parties.
- Transfer the entire third-party drivers to the temporary folder.
- Reboot your computer and revert to what you were doing to see if the error is resolved.
If the error is resolved, then it means that installation of the third-party drivers was not right. You can rectify this Easily by;
- Transfer the third-party drivers back to their real place one after another. You need to reboot your computer every time you transfer a driver to check if the error arises. If the error arises after moving a specific driver, then that driver is the culprit.
- Connect your computer to the Internet to access the website of that particular driver’s manufacturer.
- Download to install the newest available driver.
- Finish the transfer of the other divers.
- Reboot your computer.
One of these solutions must be useful in rectifying error 0x0000007e. It will be essential to revert your computer back to an earlier date when it runs without the appeared of the error. It is only in rare cases that you may require to perform complete re-installation of the OS. For any kind of assistance, simply consult experts at Uspcsolutions for best guidance.