When a wireless Canon Printer Offline Windows 10 and how to turn online. There are several possible errors: printer network, drivers, IP address, Print Spooler, and computer. First may find the issue why windows won’t scan the printer second troubleshoot the issues.
When a Windows 10 and canon printer are connected to a wireless network or router (Wi-Fi). Check the printer on the desktop says “Offline” may be displayed and printing may not be possible.
Reasons that Cause issues faced by users are –
- Frequent Paper Jam Error
- Slow Printing
- Poor Printout Quality
- Wireless Printer Setup Issue
- Printer Installation errors
Solutions for Canon Printer Offline Fix in Windows 10:
Check the Printer Connections:-
As mentioned above, faulty and loose connections are the most common reason for Canon Printer Offline Windows 10 error. You can check a few things to make sure the connection between the printer and the computer is proper.
- Make sure all of the USB cables are properly connected and attached to the right port. Replace the USB cables if required.
- Check the Canon printer model that is added to the system is correct or not.
- Make sure the printer is connected to the right wi-fi network.
- Also, make sure the printer and the computer are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- If you are using a wireless printer then check the network connections properly.
Check Canon Printer Settings:-
You can check the printer’s settings from the control panel in Windows as well as Mac. So, here are the steps that you need to take to fix the Canon printer offline error because of a settings issue.
- Restart the router as it will resolve any network-related issue.
- Open the settings and check the status of your printer online.
- Make sure to clear the pending print jobs.
- If the network has more than one printer added, then make sure the Canon printer is set as default.
These are some of the solutions that you can try to fix the offline error. But if the canon printer keeps going offline and you are thinking what else can you do?
Then you will have to perform a more advanced troubleshooting solution. If you are not a tech-savvy person then we recommend getting in touch with the printer technical support team for help and assistance.
The first thing that you need to check is the basic connections if the Canon printer offline in Windows 10.
So, make sure the printer is connected to the power and also the USB cable or the wireless network is properly established.
Set Canon Printer as Default in Windows 10:-
If the Canon printer is not set as default then it will show the offline error. So, make sure to follow these steps.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Then select the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, from the list of printers choose the Canon printer and then ‘select is as default’.
- You will now see a green tick adjacent to the Canon printer which means it is set as default.
Related Error: Brother Printer Connection Error 03
If the Canon printer offline windows 10 error does not go away even after setting the printer as default. Then you must get in touch with the technical support team for help and more information.
Emu Articles: Canon Printer in Error State
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Canon Printer Offline
To help you deal with common Canon problems, we have compiled this FAQ guide that sheds light on some of the most common queries you might have as a user. Here we go:
Q. How do I get my Canon printer back online?
You can easily fix the ‘Canon printer is offline issue by the following methods:
1. Restart the ‘Print Spooler’ and set its startup type as ‘Automatic’.
2. Disable ‘Canon printers’ from ‘Printer and devices’ and then reinstall it again.
3. Go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ and cancel all the pending documents from the ‘See what’s printing’ column.
Q. What do I do when my printer says it’s offline?
There are multiple solutions to resolve the ‘issue. One of the most effective ways is mentioned below:
1. Open the ‘Control Panel’ on your desktop.
2. Drop down the tab of ‘Hardware and Sound’.
3. Select ‘Devices and Printers’ and right-click it.
4. Choose ‘See what’s printing’ and scroll down the ‘Printer’ tab.
5. Click on ‘Use Printer Offline.
6. Go back to the ‘Printer’ tab and click on ‘Cancel All Documents.
7. Open the document you wanted to print and try to give the print command again.
Q. Why is my Canon mx430 printer offline?
There can be numerous reasons if your Canon mx430 printer is offline. One of the possibilities is that the printer is not connected to the internet.
Q. How do I switch my printer from offline to online mode?
It is possible that because of driver issues, your Canon printer is showing offline. Follow the steps and turn the printer status online:
Open a ‘Run’ box by pressing ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together.
Now, type ‘devmgmt. music in front of ‘Open’ and press on ‘OK’.
Go to the ‘Network Adapters’ and scroll down the ‘Print queues’.
Right-click on the same and left-click on the ‘Uninstall device’.
Visit the official website of Canon printers and download the recent version of your printer model.
Run the application and install and the printer status will show ‘Online’.
Q. Why a wireless printer is offline?
If your Canon printer is wireless then it’s clear that the damaged cable cannot be the reason. It must be an internal issue. Possibly, too many pending print jobs in the queue. When you print a document, it works but, after a while when you assign another task to the machine, it shows the offline status and doesn’t print anything.
Q. What does it mean when it says your printer is offline?
If your Canon printer displays an offline message, it means your computer is having a hard time communicating with your system.
Q. Why is my Canon printer not responding?
Some of the most possible reasons for your Canon printer not responding are listed below:
1. Wrong installation of Canon printer in your computer
2. The system is not connected well with the internet router and modem
3. Canon printer is not connected with the same router and modem
Q. How do you fix a Canon printer that is offline?
Follow the subsequent steps one by one and fix ‘Canon printer is Offline’:
1. Open the ‘Service’ box on your desktop
2. Scroll it down and open ‘Print Spooler’
3. Right-click on it and select the option of ‘Restart’
4. Choose the properties and set the startup type of the service as ‘Automatic’
5. Click on ‘OK’
6. Now, go back to the ‘Start button and click on the ‘Restart’
Q. How do I turn off the printer offline?
By simply solving the connection issue you can bring back your Canon printer ‘Online’. Use the subsequent steps and fix the issue:
1. Unplug the USB cable from your system.
2. There must be another port available, plug the cable there.
3. The following message will pop on your screen.
“USB unrecognized error”
4. Now, just search for the HP printer and the computer by power cycling once.
5. Check the status of the printer, it will show ‘Online’.
6. The aforementioned steps apply to only wired Canon printers.
Q. How do I get my printer online with Windows 10?
If your Canon printer is wireless, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Check with the ‘Wifi Connection’ of your Canon printer.
2. Also, make sure that your laptop with Windows 10 is connected with the same network
3. Reboot the following devices one by one:
Internet router and modem
Step 4: Open all the devices and check the status of the printer by giving a print command.