Most of us like to keep our hair healthy and perfect and are worried about hair problems like hair fall in the form of thinning and balding. To cure the problem of hair fall, we first need to know the causes. The primary reasons for hair loss are age, hormonal imbalance, vitamin deficiencies, stress, illnesses, and studies that blame pollution. To find out the reasons, doctors ask you about your diet, your hair care routine, medical history of your family etc., before starting the diagnosis. They might ask you to do some tests like blood taste, pull test, scalp biopsy and light microscopy.
If the hair fall is due to a disease, then the disease has to be treated. Sometimes, medicines for some other illness cause hair fall. A very common hair growth treatment is by medications and taking hair growth tablets. There are other treatments like hair transplant surgery, plasma treatment, laser therapy, home treatments etc., but here we will take a look at what the best hair growth tablet in India can do.
Why Should You Use Tablets for Hair Growth, and When?
There are controversies around the efficiency of hair growth tablets. These are also known as supplements. Surveys say that hair growth tablets do increase hair density and make them grow strong. It may take a few months to years for a significant improvement, but hair growth tablets quicken the process.
With hair growth tablets, the hair growth process becomes quick and effective.
Types of Supplements
Dermatologists say that supplements can be grouped under various categories based on their utility, like some can be used to tackle stress (ashwagandha), others cover deficiencies of vitamins and other nutrients, reduce inflammation (curcumin), act as antioxidants (Vitamin E), and decrease hormonal disorders.
Hair growth tablets best work when you have a deficiency. The health of hair depends on nutrients like proteins, iron, vitamins and zinc. Deficiency of any of these can lead to hair loss. So first, check if you are deficient in a nutrient and then choose a suitable supplement that increases the nutrient level in your body after discussing with the doctor.
Some nutrients which promote hair growth are and symptoms of deficiency-
- Vitamin A – helps in hair growth. It causes skin glands to secrete sebum, an oily substance that moisturizes the scalp and increases hair health. Its deficiency causes dry skin, dry eyes, delayed growth, night blindness, etc.
- Vitamin B(biotin) – It is an important vitamin for hair growth.
- Vitamin C- Creates collagen protein and helps the body absorb iron. These two improve hair structure and growth. Its deficiency causes hair-splitting, bleeding gums, nosebleeds, poor wound healing, infections.
- Vitamin D- Helps to create follicles in hair which are actually tiny pores present in the scalp from where new hair grows.
- Vitamin E- It is an antioxidant that reduces oxidative stress.
- Iron – Iron helps RBCs in the blood carry oxygen. Thus, iron is very important for hair growth.
- Protein- It is the building block of hair.
- Zinc- Helps in the growth and repair of hair tissue. It helps oil glands around hair follicles to work properly. Zinc deficiency is a common reason for hair loss.
Weight loss due to low amounts of calories and fat can also lead to hair loss. Hair growth tablets provide these nutrients, including folic acid and omega 3 fatty acids, to your body. Some tablets also contain ashwagandha and ginseng, which strengthen your hair. However, you should be careful while using iron supplements. Iron should not be taken in high doses as it leads to serious consequences like liver damage.
However, women with low ferritin should take prescribed iron supplementation. And intake of vitamin supplements when you do not have a deficiency can also have adverse effects like increased toxic levels. So be sure before going for them. But supplements help reactivate the oil glands within a few months, making you look shinier and smooth and strong.
Benefits of Hair Growth Tablets
The benefits of using hair growth tablets are as follows:
1.Hair growth tablets containing biotin provide healthy and shinier hair and promote hair growth. Biotin is an important nutrient for the maintenance of hair.
2.Multivitamin tablets contain numerous nutrients like vitamins, minerals, amino acids and sometimes grape extracts which are very useful to obtain strong and healthy hair. They provide all the essential nutrients to your body, reduce hair fall, and also make them lustrous.
- Antioxidant tablets help to fight stress and cover for protein deficiencies, reducing hair fall and making your hair stronger.
- Hair growth tablets also improve scalp health and replace old hair follicles with new ones.
We have addressed the basic doubts around the use of hair growth tablets. They promote hair growth and make them stronger and shinier by providing all the essential nutrients that your body lacks. They are most efficient when there’s a deficiency of a nutrient in your body. However, be mindful of the dose and discuss it with a dermatologist. So, best of luck!