Fulfilling customer needs and providing them the best products is the duty of any business. To make your business the best reputed and honorable among the society, you should ensure the hygiene and the safe delivery of your freight. For this purpose freezer van for rent is the best option.
Reefer vans are vehicles that are designed to help businessmen in moving their temperature-sensitive products maintaining their condition and preventing them from spoilage.
A fundamental element that needs to be considered before you buy or rent a refrigerated truck is the reefer unit temperature range. A reefer truck generally offers you the temperature that is necessary for the efficient travel of your product. Negligence towards the temperature can cause you loss as the products might rot and be useless. Hence, the reefer temperature guide is the most important point to be discussed when you plan to look for a reefer vehicle.
Are there any temperature settings provided in the reefer van?
Different companies have designed refrigerated vans flawlessly to provide their customers best temperatures for their products. A reefer trailer comprises a refrigeration unit powered by diesel and includes the feature to adjust the temperature according to the product requirement. Reefer temperature settings can be learned from the company to operate them in the right way. Secondly, multiple compartments facility is also available in some trailers that allows you to carry different products with various temperature needs. This option is wonderful for the industrialists dealing with numerous goods of different temperature conditions.
A Reefer container temperature chart is sometimes provided to study the climatic conditions of the reefer whether it suits the client. Appropriate temperature is the important element that allows an uncomplicated journey.
What are the products that are hauled in the reefer truck?
Comestibles are the most generic type of perishables transported in a reefer trailer. As these are consumed by human beings, a substantial amount of care is required to prevent them from being unhealthy. Constant and appropriate temperature is the leading element in retaining the quality of these products.
For your ease ask for a reefer temperature chart so you know about the temperature needs of various products. So that you can eventually decide the right temperature range for your business. Below are some of the temperature requirements of certain businesses that employ reefer trailers to transit their products.
Let’s look at the temperature range of the greengrocery:
- 32°F-36°F: This range is ideal for greens, berries, apples, vegetables, and grapes.
- 40°F-45°F: This is the perfect temperature for potatoes, green beans, and sweet potatoes.
- 45°F-50°F: Watermelons, cucumbers, bananas, tomatoes, and some citrus rely on this temperature range to stay good.
Reefer Truck Temperature Levels
Moreover, the reefer temperature for frozen foods is 0°F or -18°C.
For meat, dairy and poultry products the temperature should be maintained at 40°F to prevent the development of destructive bacteria in them.
Food businesses are not the only ones that hire reefers for their businesses. But the pharmaceutical companies also require them to maintain the chemical stability of their cargo.
Adequate temperature is essential as high or low temperatures may cause chemical reactions in medicines that are beyond repair. For the right temperature of medicinal goods refer to the pharmaceutical manufacturer and set the temperatures accordingly.
Plants and beautiful flowers also require chillers for their journey. Unnecessary heat causes them to wilt hence inapproachable by the clients. The ideal temperature for flowers is 33°F. An increase or decrease in the temperature can lead to changes in the flowers.
Ice-creams and beverages industries also employ the reefer services so that they deliver their products efficiently.
These are the temperature needs of some of the products. If you deal with any of them, it is significant if you need the reefer unit operators and set the right temperature for your shipment.
Should I buy or rent a reefer truck or trailer?
This is totally up to you whether you plan to buy or lease the refrigerated van. But these are some of the points you should comprehend before you make a final decision.
- If you have enough money and you require a reefer van for the long term, then buying is the best option. It will be a one-time investment that you can benefit from for a longer period.
- If you don’t deal with the short-lived items frequently and you are not likely to use the chiller truck oftentimes. Then, leasing a van according to your requirements will be a good decision.
- Even if you require van refrigeration frequently but don’t have an investment, leasing can be easy for you.
- An advantage of renting a reefer is that you can benefit from the latest and advanced models. However, buying a chiller van will stick you to the former model.
What more should I know before selecting a refrigerated van?
Temperature is the first thing to worry about once you plan to use a refrigerated van. Though, several other points should also be noted and not be neglected.
- You should know the temperature requirement of your product.
- Payload should be monitored to avoid any last-minute troubles.
- How the products will be loaded and unloaded and how smoothly the procedure will go should be analyzed.
- Compare the size of the van to your shipment and select the one that is the perfect size for your freight.
- Fix the budget for your van and choose a refrigeration truck that provides you all the facilities at an affordable rate.
- Visit honorable company of reefer trucks so that they are reliable and you don’t have to face scams.
- Settle the agreement when renting, whether it is daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- If you require customized features for your reefer unit, talk to the company before they hand over the vehicle to you.
What are the customized features of a refrigerated truck?
Sometimes businessmen think they require some of the bespoke features that would help them carry out their duty perfectly. The custom features include:
- Thicker insulation: To maintain the temperature sometimes thicker insulation is used so that if the doors of the reefer unit are opened the heat from the outside does not disturb the inner temperature
- Strip curtains: The feature aforementioned is sometimes used along with the strip curtains. Businesses that provide several deliveries at different spots open the doors and load or unload their items. Due to the frequent door opening, the hotter temperature from outside, can intrude inside and increase the temperature that can harm the products. This is why strip curtains are used, as they work as a barrier between the inner and the outer temperature.
- Anti-slip floors: These floors prevent the workers from slipping while loading or unloading the cargo.
- Multiple racks or compartments: If you are dealing with goods that require different temperatures, the multiple compartment options is the best for you.
Refrigerated trucks are used all around the world by industrialists as they make the delivery of perishables effortless. Do your research prior to the selection of a reefer so that you choose a vehicle that meets the needs of your business at the moment and even in the future. Do not neglect the temperature range, the product requirement, and the size of the van so that you don’t have to encounter last-minute trouble.
Also Read: A Complete Explanation To Reefer Trucks