QuickBooks Desktop is treated as one of the trustworthy financial accounting software in the US. There are many reasons for this such as it is an economically feasible, lifetime purchase option, provides accuracy in work, and much more.
Hence, it proves a great tool for small businesses, medium-sized firms, and accounting professionals. Even though, sometimes users have to face some errors in the application and most of them appear frequently such as Quickbooks error code 15222.
This article covers the information about QuickBooks Error Code H505. This error code generally appears when a user is trying to access one of the company files in QuickBooks, which does not appear on that system or the network.
Causes for the QuickBooks Error H505
The following are the causes of this error:
- The device hosting configuration is incorrect.
- The incorrect setting of Domain Name System (DNS).
- System firewall setting restricting the server to access the company file.
- Presence of virus or malware in the system.
- Inability to find the IP address of the company file’s server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
The following are the signs and symptoms of this error:
- Crashes down the active system program.
- Frequently crashing down during the running of the same program.
- The screen displays this message “Error H505: Unable to access the company file”.
- Windows starts running slowly.
- System freezes for few seconds in intervals.
Things to remember before fixing QuickBooks Error H505.
- Update the QuickBooks application to its latest version.
- Make a company file’s backup.
- Start the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- Check the firewall settings.
Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error H505.
Below are the solutions to solve this error:
Solutions 1. Use the tool QuickBooks File Doctor
- Ensure that you have an access to the QuickBooks application on your computer.
- After that, Install “QuickBooks File Doctor” on your computer. This tool is specifically designed to fix these types of errors like QuickBooks Update Error 15243.
Solution 2. Add a new folder for the company file
- Proceed with adding a new folder on your computer.
- Once the folder is added, make sure that the windows are getting entry permissions to the company files.
- Now, you will have to copy and paste the .qbw file extension into the new folder.
- Lastly, select the multi-user mode and open the company file to finish the process.
This article has covered almost every solution and information regarding QuickBooks Error H505. QuickBooks Error 1304 is a similar QuickBooks error. If you still get any issues or want any professional help or guidance, feel free to contact this number: 1-877-349-3776.
See More: QuickBooks PDF Converter quickbooks cloud hosting QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool quickbooks crash com error how to update quickbooks desktop quickbooks printer error QuickBooks Update Error 15243