Emergency first aid at work training London enables a person to give emergency treatment to the injured or ill person at the workplace before professional medical help arrives. This course is also known as EFAW in the U. This article will cover all the information that you need about it. I shall discuss who is a first aider, first aid course, course outlines, first aider’s duties, and responsibilities, and process to apply for the course.
What is an Emergency First Aid?
Emergency first aid at the workplace is a certified course, which is required and accepted by most of the organizations in the UK. A first aider provides immediate help to an injured or ill person. He can manage small injuries like burns, bruises, and cuts without any help. This course is aimed to train a person to manage big injuries before medical help arrives.
Who is a First Aider at Workplace?
A first aider is a person, who provides lifesaving assistance before the medical help arrives. He helps the injured or ill person and keeps him safe from further harm.
Duties and Responsibilities of a First Aider
A first aider has to perform various responsibilities in an emergency event to save lives before further medical aid arrived. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Assessment of the risks and casualties at the incident
- Placement of unconscious casualties at a safe place
- Manage the hassle among people in the emergency situation
- Assessment of injuries and illness, their nature and cause in a hurt person
- Provide necessary initial medical treatment
- Arrange medical help by calling the emergency services
- Observe and record the casualties at the incident
- Reporting the events to the related authorities
- Fill out the required paperwork of the incident
Further, other than medical procedures, a first aider has various other duties to perform. It includes the recording of casualties and reporting it to the authority. Employers should provide the appropriate first aid equipment so that the employees can give immediate medical help if anyone falls ill or injured at the workplace. Accidents or emergency events can occur at any time. The first aid workers at the workplace should be available at all times that is why many companies require the emergency first aid course at the workplace.
What is an Emergency First Aid at Work Training London?
This qualification allows a person to perform emergency first aid to the persons injured or ill at the workplace before further medical help arrives. It is a one-day emergency first aid course, in which the attendee learns different first aid medical skills.
Eligibility Criteria for the Course
There are no specific education requirements for attending the 1-day first aid training. However, a good grade of education will help you to understand the course contents. You must be aged 16 or above to attend the course. After taking part in the course, your assessment will be done and after passing it you can obtain the certificate. Now, you are a professional first aider. This award is valid for 3 years, after that you need to renew your emergency first aid at workplace license.
If a person wishes to be an emergency first aider, he must attend a one-day training course covering the following areas:
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of a first aider in emergency situations at the workplace
- Assessment of emergency and quick responsiveness
- Dealing with unresponsive casualties
- Performing Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Infection prevention
- Dealing with severe bleeding by using the pressure and elevation method
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Small surgeries and coking.
- Shocks and internal damages.
- Burns and minor injuries.
- Different methods of keeping a fractured limb still and supported
How to Apply for the Course?
It is very simple and easy to apply for the 1-day emergency first aid at work course. Follow these steps and get a three years valid award:
Step 1: Attend the 1 Day First Aid Training
At first, you need to attend the emergency first aid at work training London. It is one day’s training.
Step 2: Pass the Assessment
Then you shall be assessed. For this, you shall give a written exam test. Attendees will also be observed at the time of assessment.
Step 3: Get the Certificate
Only those candidates will get the certificate, which passed the assessment successfully. This award is valid for 3 years
Renewal of the Certificate
Once your emergency first aid at work course London certificate is expired after three years, you need to apply for renewal. At this time, you shall again attend the training so that, you can learn the new techniques.