Having a good amount of knowledge in technology helps people a lot in these times because everything can be done with just a little knowledge in technology sitting at the comfort of your house.
Advantages of mobile train ticket booking:
Technology has evolved and nowadays, one can do everything by sitting at the comfort of their house. Unlike the older days, one no longer has to go all the way to the railway station to have his ticket booked. One can do it simply by sitting at home and there are so many added benefits to top the list.
Mentioned below are the advantages of mobile train ticket booking:
- It is one of the most convenient methods of booking a train ticket. One can do it by sitting back and relaxing at home. There is no need to go all the way to the railway station, stand in the crew, and then get a ticket.
- A very monetary benefit of booking a ticket online on your mobile phone is that you are most likely to get a lot of discounts. There are discounts for almost every occasion and the ticket gets all the cheaper by applying them. The money that has to spend while going to the railway station also gets saved in the possess.
- You can book your train ticket on your mobile phone from any place you want to. It is not at all mandatory to go all the way to the point of departure and then get a ticket.
- Another most important advantage of booking a train ticket on your mobile is that you do not have to worry about losing the ticket. Your e-ticket remains with you on your phone and you can just open the file of the ticket whenever required and you are good to go. There is no hassle in thinking about keeping the ticket safe.
- While booking a train ticket on your mobile phone you can pay the entire amount using any online mode of payment which reduces the cash keeping factor. You do not have to carry cash with you to the railway station and then spend your time and effort worrying about it. Mobile train ticket booking reduces the risk factor of losing your money.
Disadvantages of mobile train ticket booking
Just like any other thing booking train tickets online has its own sets of pros and cons. There are various advantages to booking a train ticket online, however, along with the advantages, there are several disadvantages to booking a train ticket online.
Mentioned below are the disadvantages of booking a train ticket online:
- One huge drawback of booking a ticket on your mobile phone is that it requires a network. Without a network, you will not be able to proceed with the settings of the ticket. Internet connection is not available everywhere and anywhere and even with just a weak internet connection you will not be able to proceed with the booking of the train ticket and in that scenario, the online train ticket booking app is of no use.
- Another problem that can occur while booking a train ticket online can be the processing error while booking. The entire process of booking a train ticket online is in your hands. Since we are not experts, we might end up booking the wrong ticket, which will not be the case if you book your train ticket from an agency or from the railway station. Since we are not experts, we might end up booking the wrong ticket, which will not be the case if you book your train ticket from an agency or from the railway station.
- It is important to have a good knowledge of technology if you wish to book a train ticket online. Without having a good knowledge of technology, having any number of apps for booking a train ticket is a waste because otherwise, you will not be able to book it.
Steps to book a train ticket online:
Mentioned below are the detailed steps of booking a train ticket on your mobile phone:
- If you are already registered on IRCTC, log in to the webpage using your login id and password. If you are a new member and have no previous account, create an account and then login using your id password.
- As soon as you login to the webpage, a page pops up that says book your ticket..
- Click on the book your ticket button and then enter all your details. Place the place of departure on the origin and then your place of arrival on the destination and the click on the start button. Also, select your date of traveling correctly so that you do not end up booking the wrong ticket.
- If you are not really sure about the date of traveling but still want to have an estimation of the process and the regular timings, you can click on the flexible with date option which will provide you with the regularly scheduled trains for your desired destination.
- Once you are done with entering all the correct details about your trip, a search trai button will appear. Click on that to scroll through all the available trains that suit your search.
- You can also have a detailed view of the route and the timing of the train that suits you best by clicking on the name of the train. In such cases, you can view the entire details as the page expands.
- Select the train that suits your best interest and then click on the check availability and fare option. By clicking on the availability and fare option, you get a proper estimation and you are led to the checkout option by breaking the fare of the train. It shows all the requirements for any number of passengers that will be traveling together.
- Once you have seen everything and have finalized your train ticket, you can click on the book now button to proceed with the further steps of booking the ticket.
- You have clicked on the book now button, you will be led to the page of passenger reservation wherein it is mandatory that you check all the details of the train starting from the name of the station to the number of the train.
- Once you are done verifying the details of the train, you are required to fill in all the details of the passenger that will be traveling matching with that of a verified id proof that will be checked while you are on the train. Fill in all the details correctly and then click on the continue booking option to be led to the page of the payment options.
- You can select an option that is convenient to you for the payment method and then click on the make payment option.
- Once you are done with the booking, a confirmation ticket appears on the website and you will also receive a Virtual reservation message on your mobile phone.
- You will get another confirmation mail along with your e-ticket on your registered mail id.
There might be several disadvantages to booking a train ticket online, but the advantages overpower the disadvantages making it a far better way to book train tickets. It gives the passengers a hassle-free experience and makes traveling enjoyable effortlessly.
Also, Read – Top 10 Essential Tools for Practical Travelers