There are hardly a handful of things that come as close as a trekking trip. A trekking trip is an adventure of its kind, and if you go to a beautiful destination for this, you can never forget the experience you will have.
Trekking is not all about fun, there are various health benefits of trekking. Going trekking means that your body has done a lot of cardio, and workout. Trekking improves your stamina, and it helps in improving your physical health. It also helps in reducing the risk of having heart disease, and high blood pressure as well.
A lot of preparation is required before going on a trek. You have to do a lot of training and exercise, there is a lot of tactical gear you have to purchase. There are plenty of other things too, so let’s look into them.
How do you prepare for trekking?
Trekking is one of the toughest adventure activities, and to be honest it is not everyone’s cup of tea. However, if you have made up your mind about trekking, then there are plenty of things that will help you in getting ready for it.
- The most important thing for trekking is stamina. Before you go trekking, you need to build your stamina so that you don’t get tired in the middle of it, or worse you don’t pass out. A trek usually lasts for days, and to complete that trek, you need to have good stamina, and that is possible if you start walking regularly. If you are habitual of walking, then try long walks, and if you are not, then start with small walks, and keep increasing the distance.
- The treks do not have flat footpaths, which means that you have to walk on uneven surfaces a lot. So, to prepare for that you should start walking on surfaces that are similar to the treks. When you do that, your knees and legs become habitual, and you will feel less pain while trekking.
- Apart from walking, exercise is also important for your preparation. The best way to start is by doing leg-based cardio. Make sure to include leg-based cardio in each one of your workout sessions. It will help you a lot when you finally go trekking.
- Another way of preparing yourself for a trek is by taking the stairs whenever you get a chance. Using stairs is a great way of building your leg muscles, and it also helps in increasing the stamina of your body. It is one of the easiest ways of preparing for a trek.
- We all know that when we go on a trek, we have to carry the weight of our backpacks too. Carrying a lot of weight on your back can be tiring. Most people do not prepare for that, but if you do prepare for it then it can prove to be helpful. All you have to do is put some heavy things in a backpack, carry them, and try to cover some distance every day.
Tips before you go on a trek
There are few things that you have to be aware of before you plan to go trekking. These things have a very important role in your trip.
- The most basic thing you need to decide before you go on a trek is the place. There are a lot of beautiful places across the globe where you can go trekking. So you should decide on a place, and then do thorough research about that place.
- Before you head out for your trip, make sure to check the current weather and the weather forecast of that place. If it turns out to be very bad, then it is best to postpone the trip for a while.
- Usually, the weather at these places is very cold, so do not forget to pack clothes according to the weather. Also, you must have an extra set of clothes for emergencies.
Equipment you need for trekking
There is various equipment you will need on a trekking trip. There are a lot of items you have to purchase, but you can also rent a lot of items if you are not looking to use them again.
There is a lot of tactical gear that is very important for a trekking trip. These gears are very necessary if you want your trip to go smoothly. You can buy as well as rent these tactical gears depending upon your needs.
One thing you should keep in mind is that always buy or rent top-quality gears. Quality plays a very important role because poor quality gears can get damaged as soon as you start trekking. So, let’s list down all the tactical gears you will need for your trip.
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking shoes
These are all the tactical gears you must pack with other stuff. Tactical gears are manufactured by a lot of companies, but you must buy these things from a trusted manufacturer. The one with good reviews or recommendations. For example, I always buy tactical gear manufactured by guntec.
Apart from the above-mentioned gears, there are a lot of general things that you must have in your backpack. These things might not sound like a big deal, but they prove to be very useful on a trip. So let’s look at the things you need to pack.
- Water bottles
- Emergency goods
These are some very common things that people miss unknowingly and regret later. But now that you know that these things are very important, you should pack them as soon as possible.
Apart from these, there are a couple of things that need special attention on these kinds of trips.
- First Aid Kit: We all know that trekking trips are very adventurous, and it is not unknown that people get injured most of the time during these trips. So, it is safe for you to have a complete first aid kit handy. Also, make sure that it contains all the important items like cotton, antiseptic cream, doctor tape, etc.
- Map of the trek: There are chances that you might get lost during the trek because of various factors like fog, bad weather, etc. So, it is beneficial to have a map of the trek in your packet. If you get lost then, it will be very easy for you to find your group or the place you have been staying at.
The first aid kit and map are very important, and you must not forget to have these two things handy.
Ready for a great adventure?
So this was everything you had to know about going on a trekking trip. I am positive that you will take note of all these things, and plan accordingly. I wish you all the best for your trip, and I am sure that you will have a great time. Happy Trekking.