QuickBooks Error 1515 is a typical error in updating that happens when there’s a payroll update taking place. This error also occurs in updates to maintenance. Because of this error, the database could not function properly and could result in a limitation of access to the system.
In this blog we’ll inform you about the manual method to solve QuickBooks Error Code 15215. QuickBooks Error code 15215. This error code signifies there is no response from the server. This means that the user isn’t capable of verifying that the signature is digital. Because of this error code it means that the subsequent download or updates to payroll could be affected. If you are trying to figure out the cause of this issue, you must to follow the standard procedure.
What is QuickBooks Error 15215?
QuickBooks error code generally occurs when there is another application running in the system during the payroll upgrade process. When this error occurs, the following message appears on the screen –
|Error Code: 15215|
|Error Name: QuickBooks Pro Error 15215|
|Description: Unable to verify digital signature / Incorrect Configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer|
|Developer: Intuit Inc.|
|Applies to: Windows XP, Vista 7, 8, 10|
In this post, we will tell you the reasons and solutions for QuickBooks error code 15215 that you can perform even if you aren’t technically sound. In case you are short of time or need an expert’s help with the troubleshooting, you can contact our certified technicians.
What causes QuickBooks Error 15215?
Following reasons may cause QuickBooks payroll error message 15215:
- QuickBooks accounting software verifies the signature on company files. This error can occur if any file is left unverified during downloading process.
- This error can appear if QuickBooks installation is incomplete or incorrect.
- Your Windows is virus or malware infected.
- Different setup or wrong download of QuickBooks desktop.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 15215
- Windows are slow and don’t respond to the movements of the keyboard and mouse at the same time.
- It appears to crash the running program on the screen.
- QuickBooks Update Error 1515 displayed on your Windows screen.
- Your computer’s desktop is corrupted by QuickBooks Error 15215 when you run the same application.
- Your computer’s screen freezes periodically when it is running for several seconds at one moment.
Steps to fix the error 15215 in QuickBooks desktop
The QuickBooks error code 15215 can be caused by an insufficient setting that is a result of an incorrect configuration Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE). To ensure the security of your PC as well as its content, QuickBooks attempts to verify the digital signature of the files downloaded by the software. If QuickBooks is not able authenticate the signature digitally of the file you’re looking to download an error will be triggered. It could be a sign of an issue with the system. In order to troubleshoot error 15215, you can follow the below-given methods:
Method 1″ Login to QuickBooks as a system administrator
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on your QuickBooks Desktop icon and click on Run as Administrator.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
- If the error persists, move on to the next step.
Method 2: Verify Use TLS 1.0 Settings
- Close all QuickBooks windows.
- Open Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Tools and select the Internet Options icon.
- Tap on Advanced tap.
- Click on Advanced Settings and search Use TLS 1.0, Use 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Keep checkbox in front of Use TLS 1.0 marked and leave rest unmarked.
- Select OK and close the Internet Explorer internet options tab.
- Restart your computer.
- Check if any available updates are present after the system starts. If there are any updates available, download the update again.
Method 3: Restart MS Windows in Selective Startup
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the system, open run windows.
- In Windows XP, click on the start tab and open the icon.
- For Windows 7 and vista, you need to click on the start tab and all program tab. Select the Accessories tab and open the tab.
- In windows 8 and 10, press Windows + R keys.
- Type MS Config and hit the OK button.
- When the System Configuration Utility opens, allow the configuration window to open.
- Mark the Selective Startup and leave the box in front of Loading Startup items unchecked.
- Select the Save button and then click on the OK button.
- Restart your computer.
Method 4: Restart the system
Another method that you can try in order to rectify the QuickBooks error 15215 can be to reboot the system. At times, restarting the system helps in fixing a few bugs in the system, especially the errors related to the internet, network, or printing.
After restarting the accounting program again to verify whether the error has been eliminated.
- Press to the Windows button.
- Click the button to Shutdown
- Choose Restart or Restart alternative.
- Then wait for your computer’s to shut down and restart from scratch.
- When it restarts it is necessary to start QuickBooks.
- Check that the error 15215 isn’t in the present.
Method 5: Check that the firewall isn’t blocking QuickBooks
Sometimes, QuickBooks software is unable to access the server because the system firewall blocks it. So, configuring is required and the steps required in this process are as follows:
- Click on Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on the system security, after that select the windows firewall.
Solution 6: Manual update installation
- First, click on the first, go to the update QuickBooks option and confirm that the QuickBooks product you want to use is selected.
- Click on the Change tab, select the QB product, select to update, and select the destination where you want to store the files.
- Select the save option and then search for the file you want to download.
- Click in the install the update tab twice, then restart the Windows.
- Go to QuickBooks page to check if the latest version of QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 7: Examine the firewall’s status
Sometimes, the firewall in the system hinders QuickBooks’ access to the server. Therefore, it must be set up to correct the problem.
- You can access the Control Panel from the start menu > System Security > Select the Windows Firewall and then select the Small or Large icons, and then select Windows Firewall..
- Then go to the advanced settings and then go to the Inbound rules on the left-hand corner of the screen.
- Right-click on the rules that are inbound > Select New rule > Select the rule’s port from the Type section.
- Select the local port you want to connect to and then click Next and then select Allow connection. Then, select the type of network.
- Mark all options before moving to the next one.
Note that similar steps must be followed to be followed in order to comply with outbound rules.
Method 8: Perform an clean installation of QuickBooks on Windows 10
Windows 10 computers can show the issue with the maintenance release 15215. Users can clean boot their computer using running the Run option. The MSConfig command must be entered in order to run the clean boot procedure. This command will assist you to identify System Configuration.
By using this command, you can navigate to Services. Choose the option to hide all Microsoft services. Microsoft. Press the button to disable All. The steps outlined by this are to be carried out through The Task Manager.
We hope that this article proves to be helpful for you in fixing the QuickBooks error 15215. In case you are still facing this issue even after following all the steps mentioned above, contact our QuickBooks error support experts at 1-800-615-2347 for more advanced and precise solutions.
You can read also:
Balance Transfer vs Personal loan: What Should You Opt?