After the launch of QuickBooks 2022, many users of the accounting solution app have updated from the previous top-of-the-class version, QuickBooks 2021 Pro. However, some are facing an issue where QuickBooks 2022 installer keeps forcing a reboot and won’t install error.
These symptoms should be analysed, and we will discuss all possible solutions for the issue and discuss the symptoms.
Symptoms Related to Fix QuickBooks 2022 Installer Keeps Forcing Reboot Issue Error
Verifying the mentioned symptoms will help you to be sure about the “QuickBooks 2022 Installer Keeps Forcing Reboot and Won’t Install” issue:
- Run the installer of the new QuickBooks 2022 Desktop App and make sure to run it as an admin.
- Now, move forward with the installation of VC9, vc_redist x86/x64 (users shouldn’t face any issue till this point).
- After completing the previous step, an error will pop up, asking the user to ‘Reboot’ the system.
- The system will initiate a normal reboot and will restart the installer.
- After the installer restarts, the complete process will be repeated and prompt a reboot.
- If the user tries to opt for “No” and reboot manually, the installer crashes, and the user needs to restart the whole process.
Methods to Resolve the “QuickBooks 2022 Installer Keeps Forcing Reboot and Won’t Install” issue
Checkout the troubleshooting methods in order to resolve this issue:
Method 1: Try Running System in “Selective Startup Mode”
- Press the “Windows + R” key combination to open the “Run” window.
- After the “Run” window pops up, type “MSConfig” in the space provided and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, click on the “OK” tab, which will open the “System Configuration” window.
- Next, go to the “General” tab and choose the “Selective Startup Mode.”
- The “Selective Startup Mode” also selects the “Load System Service.” Next, switch to the “Services” tab and uncheck the “Hide All Microsoft Services” checkbox. Also, choose the “Disable all” option.
- Cross-check that the “Windows Installer Checkbox” is selected from the list of services.
- After completing all the steps, click on the “OK” tab and later hit the “Restart” button in the system configuration window.
After making all the necessary changes in the “System Configuration” window, restart the installer for the QuickBooks 2022 app. Users will be required to switch back to the “Normal startup”, which can be quickly done by following the short process mentioned below:
- Again, press the “Windows + R” key combination and open the “Run” command.
- Enter “MSConfig,” and the “System Configuration” window will pop up.
- Switch to the “General Tab” and select the “Normal” startup option.
- Save all the necessary changes and finally opt for the “Restart” option.
Method 2: Using the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s “Quick Fix My Program” Feature
- Before applying this method, users need to close the “QuickBooks” app.
- Users should now ensure they have downloaded the latest “QuickBooks Tool Hub” app.
- If not, download the installer for the latest app version and install it by accepting the “Terms and Conditions.”
- Post the successful app installation, click on the app’s desktop icon.
- After the app opens up, go to the “Program Problems” tab.
- Choose the “Quick fix my program” option.
- Clicking on the “Quick Fix My Program” will initiate an “Auto-Repair” of the QuickBooks solution app.
- Right after the “Auto-Repair,” open the “QuickBooks” app and open the data file.
- Later, reboot your system.
Method 3: Changing Permissions related to the Temporary Files
- Press the “Windows” key
- Type “%temp%” in the search box and press “Enter.”
- “TEMP” folder will pop up, and after that, “right click” on the folder and select the “Properties” option.
- Switch to the “Security” tab on the “Properties” window, and then hit “Edit.”
- Select the “Windows Username.”
- Check the “Full Control” checkbox in the “Allow” column.
- After following all the steps, click on the “OK” button.
“QuickBooks 2022 Installer Keeps Forcing Reboot and Won’t Install issue” is generally faced by users while updating the app. Users can be sure about the issue if the installer (.exe) is prompting to “restart” the system and the process reaches a dead end after every reboot. The problem can be resolved by using the resolution methods discussed in the blog, which include changing the properties of “Temporary Files,” running the system in “Selective Start-up Mode,” and using the “Quick Fix My Program” feature of the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” app which resolves the primary issues faced while operating the “QuickBooks Solutions”.
All the discussed methods are helpful, and it’s highly likely that the “QuickBooks 2022 Installer Keeps Forcing Reboot and Won’t Install” issue can be sorted out by following every step mentioned above. If the users still face the issue after trying out all the methods, they can contact the QuickBooks error support helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347 or chat with our experts.