There has always been a never-ending debate on which bag is better: a Paper bag or a Plastic bag. Some people believe that using paper bags over plastic ones will not make a big difference. Others say that paper bags will help them eradicate the increasing levels of plastic pollution to a great extent.
Both bags have their advantages and disadvantages, but paper bags seem to win the debate regarding moving towards a better environment. Many environmentalists latter’s view because it will save us from future catastrophic. As it has been drastically polluting our motherland, we need to act as soon as possible.
Why are plastic bags harmful?
As per research, if plastic pollution keeps increasing at the same pace, there will be a time when oceans will have more plastic than fish in them. We will have to convert our fertile land into landfills to dump plastic waste. This has compelled people to abandon plastic bags and move to a more eco-friendly option: paper bags.
Many organizations and high-end outlets have already started packaging their products in paper shopping bags. They are even going for customized bags to promote their brand.
A paper bag making machine can produce different bags based on their color, size, and shape. You can even customize your bag or buy it from the market in a way that promotes your brand effectively. Now, brands are investing in bags that make their products stand out in the competitive market.
The increased demand for paper bags has made the paper bag industry experience its best days. Many manufacturers are investing in bag-making machines to produce various bags to meet the ongoing demand. The main factor to consider before entering into the respective business is the paper bag-making machine price.
How to start a paper bag-making business?
It’s not a million-dollar question to answer how to start a paper bag business; it is easier to start this business provided that you have a big chunk of investment to put in.
Many countries are using paper bags day in and day out. Moreover, they are also manufacturing paper bag-making machines in their countries. Let’s take the example of China and India. They are manufacturing paper-bag machines, and they are also encouraging their people to use paper bags instead of plastic bags.
The first thing to start this business is to order this business from other manufacturers if it’s not available in your country. The second thing to execute this business is to complete all legal requirements to set it up.
Ensure that the paper bag machine price is within your budget, and the machine has all the necessary features that you need to carry the production of a specific range of bags.
Advantages of Paper Bags
Paper bags can change the cause of the environment that is badly impacted by plastic bags. People are using plastic bags because there is no restriction on them. Many big companies, like Coka cola, are using plastic. Paper bags have many advantages over plastic bags, and some of them are as follows:
- Environment friendly: Unlike plastic bags, paper bags are 100% biodegradable, reusable, and recyclable. They will not litter the earth’s surface for thousands of years, making it difficult for several life forms to sustain themselves in the natural surroundings. You can use paper multiple times, and after using it, you can recycle it to make many other paper products. When it comes to preserving the environment, paper bags are still a better choice than plastic ones.
- Save aquatic life: Plastic waste, including bags, becomes the cause for the death of more than a million marine animals every year. If the pollution keeps increasing at the same pace, by the year 2050, there will be more plastic in oceans than fish. You don’t want to pollute your water bodies and endanger marine life. So, it’s high time that we shift from plastic bags and move to reusable bags.
- Quality: If we talk about quality, then plastic bags don’t stand a chance in front of paper bags. The plastic bags get crumbled easily and do not possess any resistance to wear & tear. On the other hand, paper bags remain as it is even after multiple uses.
- Save natural resources: The production of paper bags does not involve much use of limited natural resources. The bags are made from an unbleached solution and recycled from brown kraft paper. On the other hand, plastic bags’ production involves utilizing excess energy and releasing harmful chemicals into the atmosphere.
- Attractive look: Paper bags are available in different types, and machines can customize as per clients’ exact requirements. The bags have an appealing look that makes everyone fall for them. Unlike plastic bags, they do get crumbled easily and maintain the same structure even after multiple uses. The bags have a smooth surface finish that allows you to print different images and text them to promote your brand. These bags have become a status symbol, compelling brands to invest in them.
- Cost-effective: The paper bags are produced from raw materials that can easily be found in the market. They are light in weight that helps you save a few bucks on the transportation expenses as well. Packaging your products in these cost-effective paper bags and then handling them to customers will make your customers think about your business’s awesomeness and help you bring the best return on your investment.
Disadvantages of Plastic Bags
Plastic bags barely discomposes: It takes around 1,000 years to decompose, which is harmful to every living thing on this planet. It pollutes the ocean and rivers so badly following that species are dying due to plastic consumption. It has also badly impacted the environment in many ways.
Plastic clogs bridges and canals: The biggest issue is that it clogs bridges or canals, following which flood or waterlogging happens in many countries.
Species that consume plastic: Many species consume plastic whether they live in the ocean and rivers or on the field. India reports many such cases in cows who eat plastic. It’s perilous not for human-only but also species.
Fumes: The only way to destroy plastic is to burn them up, but it is not like that. If we burn plastic, it leaves poisonous smog that affects humans and animals.
Non-renewable: Plastics are not renewable because they are produced by petrochemical, which is non-renewal sources.
Threat to humans life: It impacts children and old-age people because they are so vulnerable to breathe poisonous air from plastic.
To Sum up
Paper bags are better than plastic ones for quality and saving the environment from plastic pollution’s harmful effects. If you want to make the environment safer to live in for the generations to come, then it’s high time you move towards reusable paper bags.
It is also the responsibility of world leader to encourage more and more people to get it used to paper bags in their daily life. That way, we can help aware people, or there are many ways to impose on the public by using the law to prohibit plastic use.
I hope you will like this article as it has written based on our environment’s current impact due to the heavy consumption of plastic bags. Thank you!