No matter how advanced your printer is, you can run into the problem of a paper jam. A paper jam can cause serious hindrance in your work and sometimes can be quite challenging to fix. If the issue that you are facing with your printer persists even after you have removed the paper, you may consider consulting with an expert technician to look into the problem. Let’s look at some of the most common methods for resolving a paper jam in your printer.
What You Need to Do
1. You first need to turn the printer off. This will eliminate the chances of you getting injured while trying to remove the paper jam. As an additional security measure, you may also unplug the printer from the socket.
2. Now open the main cover of the printer for removing the loose paper. Ensure that you are gentle while removing the papers, don’t apply too much force in pulling the paper.
3. Now slowly start removing the jammed paper. Be firm and apply gentle force while trying to pull the paper. Your goal here is to prevent the paper from tearing. Torn paper shreds can block the mechanism inside the printer. You can also make use of tweezers and scissors for assistance in narrow areas. If there is no way to avoid the paper from tearing, make sure you are able to collect all the torn pieces, and no such piece is left inside the printer that can cause a blockage.
4. If the printer is still stuck, the paper can also jam the printer head. You can try removing the printhead by following the instructions as provided in the manual. If you do not have the printer manual with you, you can look for the steps online to remove the cartridge or the printer head.
5. Make sure that you have also checked the output tray for jams or blockages. If there is any visible paper jam in the output tray, make sure to remove the paper by applying gentle force.
6. Try to clean the printer heads or cartridges. Follow the instruction manual properly to remove the cartridge from the printer and then proceed by gently wiping the cartridge to eliminate any microfibre that may be causing a blockage in the nozzles.
7. If the issue persists, it indicates that the problem needs deeper technical know-how for a resolution. You may consider servicing your printer, have its parts replaced, or get it checked by an expert technician.
Hopefully, you are able to fix the issue with your printer by following these steps. It is worth noting that in some cases, replacing or servicing the printer is not the best option available due to the heavy investment involved. In that case, you may consider purchasing a new printer instead.
Source : Clear a Paper Jam from Your Printer