Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is known for its amazing sandbox action and RPG strategy. The game is a prequel to Mount & Blade: Warband. However, according to some users, it keeps crashing on the PC. If the game is crashing on launch, then here’s how to fix it.
Confirm the Game Files Integrity
Follow the steps mentioned here:
- You should launch the Steam on your system.
- After that, select the LIBRARY option.
- Go to the ‘Mount & Blade II: Bannerlordand’ and right-click on it then choose the Properties option.
- Then select the section of LOCAL FILES then choose the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES’ option.
- Now, reopen the game to check whether it opens now.
Install the Game Again
Here is how you can reinstall the game.
- Firstly, shut the Steam by right-clicking on the icon of Steam then choose the Exit option.
- Hold the Windows and E keys to invoke the File Explorer.
- Then paste this path into the address bar: ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common.’
- You should change the name ‘Bannerlord folder’ to ‘old_Bannerlord.’
- Now, reopen Steam to install the game again.
Increase Size of Virtual Memory
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- You should hold the Windows button to invoke the Search section.
- Thereafter, input ‘advanced system settings’ into it and select the OK button.
- Then choose the ‘View advanced system settings’ option.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Later, select the Advanced section and choose the ‘Change’ button.
- Afterwards, untick the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drives’ box.
- You have to choose the ‘C: drive’ option.
- Select the button of option beside the ‘Custom size’ then input ‘4096’ into the box nearby ‘Maximum size (MB)’ and ‘Initial size (MB).’
- Click on the Set option and choose the OK button.
- Now, reboot the system and the game.
Look for Windows Updates
You can update your OS to fix the game crashing issue.
1. Hold the Windows button to invoke the Search section.
2. After that, input ‘windows update’ into it and select the OK button.
3. Then choose the ‘Windows Update settings’ option.
4. You should select the ‘Check for updates’ option and wait to finish the download process.
5. Now, reboot the system when the update is complete.