After updating the windows 10 OS, users may get an error stating “Some settings are managed by your organization” once they try to use the Settings app. This error can also pop-up on other places such as Cortana. To fix this error, read on and apply the solutions mentioned below:
Try to Eliminate Each Unnecessary Browser Extension
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- You should invoke the Chrome browser on your system.
- After that, click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon of the screen.
- Go to the ‘More tools’ option then choose the Extensions option.
- Now, select the Remove button beside each extension that is shown.
Reset the Google Chrome Browser
Follow the guidelines given below:
- Navigate to the Menu option and click on the Settings option.
- Thereafter, move down then select the Advanced button.
- You should find the tab of ‘Reset and clean up.’
- Go to the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ option and select it.
- Now, verify with Reset settings.
Remove AppData Contents in the Folder of Chrome
Here is what you need to do:
- Hit the Windows and E buttons ato invoke the File Explorer.
- Then go to the pursuing location to reach the folder of Google: ‘C:\\Users\\[username]\\AppData\\Local\\Google’
- Hold the ‘Ctrl + A’ key together over the keyboard to choose all the items.
- Later, right-click on it then choose the Delete button.
- Now, clear the Recycle bin.
Turn off Start Menu and Taskbar Notifications through Group Policy
Follow the steps mentioned here:
- You should invoke the ‘Local Group Policy Editor’ as an administrator.
- Then go to the pursuing location User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications.
- Navigate to the right and twice click on the ‘Turn off toast notifications.’
- Now, select the option of ‘Disabled’ and choose the Apply then OK buttons.
Set Diagnostic and Usage Data to Full Using Settings
Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Go to the Start key and right-click on it, then choose the Settings option.
- After that, select the Privacy option.
- You should click on the ‘Diagnostics & Feedback’ option.
- Then modify the settings and change it from Basic to Full.