Do you know you can make and receive phone calls through Gmail with Google Voice? In this article, we are going to show you how you can perform & answer calls within Gmail. The method we are going to show will allow you to directly answer or initiate calls within Gmail without specifically accessing the Google Voice website.
Since Google has launched its innovative service known as Google Voice, it has helped us a lot to conveniently use our smartphone calling feature from the computer. All you need to do is make certain changes to the settings, and you are good to go.
How to Make Calls in Gmail
Follow the instructions mentioned here to quickly make your first call from Gmail:
- You need to first install a plugin from Google Webstore known as Google Hangouts. As we all know that Hangouts is a free chat, video call and instant messaging tool.
- Once you have installed this plugin into your Google Chrome browser, you can open your Gmail on your web browser in a new tab.
- Now you will see the Google Hangouts interface on the bottom of the Gmail interface. It would be located underneath the email folder list.
- There you need to click on the option saying ‘Make a call’. Alternatively, you can tap the Phone icon.
- Now if you want to call a person that is in your contact list, then find their contact and hover the cursor over their name.
- Then press on the Phone button.
- Your phone call will begin to ring the person’s phone immediately.
- In case you want to dial a number manually and make a call, put in the contact number in the Name text field located on the top.
- Then hit the enter key on your keyboard to make the call instantly.
- Alternatively, you can click the call icon to make the call.
- In case you are dialing a foreign number, and it shows a different country than where you are actually dialing, press on the flag, and select the relevant country.
- Then the correct country code will be connected to the number.
- Once you are done with the call and wish to end it, just press on the Hang-up button.
How to Answer Your Phone Calls with Gmail
Follow the instructions mentioned down here to promptly answer your phone calls with Gmail:
- Make sure you have installed the Google Hangouts plugin.
- Then make sure that you have made at least one call with the Gmail interface as shown above.
- Once that is done, open a new tab on your internet browser and navigate to Google Voice.
- In the Google Voice site, make your way to the cog icon on the upper-right corner to browse the Settings.
- Then, head to Calls from the left side menu. han escort
- Once you are there, find the My Devices option.
- Under that option, you will find the Web option.
- Make sure the Web is selected and turned on.
- From now on, when someone calls your Google Voice number, Gmail will start ringing and prompt you to answer the call.
- So, you need to go back to the Gmail interface.
- Now, when your Gmail rings for an incoming call, press on the Green phone icon to receive the call.
That’s how to make and receive a phone call with the Gmail interface effortlessly. We hope that this article was helpful for you to make quick phone calls within Gmail. That way, you can promptly start and answer a call without leaving your Gmail site.
Source:- Phone Calls in Gmail