Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients among Windows users. Create an Outlook data file that stores all your mailbox content, including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, and attachments. When using Outlook as a standalone application, Outlook data files are created in PST format. PST files store all mailbox data locally on your computer.
Microsoft Outlook allows you to add multiple e-mail accounts up to 15.
There can be corruption in the PST files due to size limitations. Frequent archiving of PST files can result in retrieving too many PST files, which is not suitable for file management. Having a large number of PST files on your computer can make it difficult to manage them all. Outlook users may have old PST files created by older versions.
If you are searching for a way to merge the PST files then in this blog we will be discussing the methods following which you will be able to merge your Outlook PST files.
How to Merge PST files Manually
Multiple Outlook PST files need to be merged into a single file for users to share account information and manage multiple accounts in a unified way. Here are two parts that will briefly introduce you to manually merging multiple PST files into a single PST file.
You can also manually create a new Outlook PST file and combine multiple PST files. Therefore, you can merge multiple Outlook PST files into one file without any additional bakırköy escort tools.
- Firstly, create a new Outlook PST file. This new PST file will be used to merge multiple PST files.
- Next, import the PST file for the account that needs to be merged one by one into the new PST file you just created.
Manual Technique to Combine the PST Files
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click the Home button on the ribbon, select the More Items and Outlook Data File options, and then select New Item.
- Create a new Outlook PST file in Outlook 2010.
- Give the new PST file a name and click the OK button.
- Note – You can also password-protect this PST file by checking the Add optional password box. However, if you lose the Outlook PST file password, you will not be able to open the PST file in Outlook. For help, visit Outlook Password Tuner.
- Name the PST file as
- The newly created PST file can be viewed in Outlook along with PST files from other Outlook accounts. However, this new PST file is currently empty.
- Merge multiple Outlook PST files into the new file you just created.
- Click the File menu on the ribbon, select the Import button, and then select the Open option to start importing other PST files into this file.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select the Import from another program or file option and click the Next button.
- Combine multiple PST files. Therefore, select the type of Outlook Data File (.PST) to import from and click the Next button.
- Select the file type to import.
- Click Browse… and select the PST file to merge/import
- Select the Do not import duplicates check box. Then click the Next button.
- Select the pst files to merge
In This Step:
- Check the Include subfolders box.
- Select the second option, Import items into the same folder.
- Select the new PST file you just created from the drop-down list.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
These are some steps for the manual merging of the PST files. Moreover, users do faces many drawbacks while performing the manual method of merging. Thus, it will be reliable for a user to select the Merge PST tool for the merging of their PST files.
Complications faced by the manual method
Here are some of the complications that are discussed that are faced by the users while carrying out the manual procedure of merging.
- Data loss complications
- Quality issues
- Cannot be merged immediately
- Users cannot merge large numbers of Outlook PST files at once
- Difficult to follow beginner or layman steps
To combine PST files, users can install this Softaken PST Merge tool. This application is a great platform for merging PST files. Users can merge PST files immediately by following steps 5-6. These steps are easy for any user to follow without any hurdles. Users can see accurate results every time. Merge PST files in just minutes using this amazing PST merging application. Moreover, these steps can be performed by any user without any hurdles. A merger is completed in several steps. This amazing tool can easily merge any number of PST files. This saves users a lot of time. Even non-technical users can reliably combine PST files with this advanced tool. Efficient and effortless merging of PST files every time. Merging PST files is also very easy with this amazing PST merging tool. A user does not need to download the MS Outlook app for carrying the merging of the PST files.
Also, a free demo version is provided by the app for the convenience of the users.
How does the app work?
For following merging the PST files using the Merge PST Solution a user needs to follow the below-provided steps. Let us have a look at these steps of merging:
- Open the Merge PST application
- Now, add the PST files that you want to merge
- Add the size of the PST file
- Locate the path to save the merged the PST file
- Hit the generate button finally
Users can easily follow the steps of merging without facing any obligations. Proper screenshots of these steps are also available by the app for the efficiency of the users.
Why use the PST Merger
- The instant result is provided to the users
- No error to the user
- The hierarchy of the file is maintained
- The app informs the user of the exact result
- The user is not exposed to data loss at run time Outlook PST file combination
Thus, a user must select this advanced tool for the merging of their PST files
Some features of the app
The Merge PST tool provides many advanced features that help users with an easy merging process. These features include:
- Integrity- the app provides an accurate result to maintain the integrity of the files.
- Easy to handle- The app can be used by every user without facing any hurdle
- Good GUI- This PST Merger app provides an advanced GUI Interface to the users helping them to easily merge their PST files
- Independent tool- This Merge PST tool is an independent app that a user can use.
- Windows convenient- The app can be used in any of Windows’s OS. From old to new versions of Windows this app can be used.
- High Accuracy- The merging result provided by the tool is of top accuracy. There is no error faced by a user.
The blog provides information about the merging of PST files. A user can therefore follow the manual or the professional method for the merging of the Outlook PST files. Though the manual method is free of cost method to follow users do face many limitations. The manual method users do faces many errors while following the manual method of merging. Moreover, using the Merge PST app is the best solution for a user to merge the PST files.