QuickBooks Error code 6130, 0 is a commonly encountered error in the QuickBooks software. The error code 6130 occurs when your company file is only a temporary file with no backup. To know about the causes and the various ways of fixing the QuickBooks error code 6130, 0, make sure that you read this article till the end.
Symptoms for QuickBooks Error 6130. 0
You can see the QuickBooks Error code 6130 trait below.
- Error 6130, 0, appears on the computer screen when there are frequent active window crashes
- This error is often encountered when the computer crashes while trying to run the same program.
- On display will be the Error Code 6130.
- System windows are slow to open
- The keyboard and mouse inputs work slowly
- After a short time, Computer “freezes ” frequently
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0
Several causes may lead to the QuickBooks error message 6130, 0. These include:
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software,
- Corrupt Windows registry,
- Erroneous/Corrupted QuickBooks software files
- Windows system files or QBW files damaged by malicious malware or viruses
- Accidental deletion of the QuickBooks files.
- Corrupt QuickBooks software download
- Installation of QuickBooks accounting software is incomplete
- Registry for Corrupt Windows
- Malicious virus malware has caused corrupt files in QBW and Windows system files.
- Inadvertently deleted QuickBooks files and programs
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0
Go through the methods enlisted in this section to get rid of the QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0.
Method 1: Repair the Windows Registries
- Hit the ‘Start’ button to get started.
- Type ‘command’ in the search box without hitting the Enter key yet.
- On the keyboard, while holding down ‘Ctrl+Shift’, hit the ‘Enter’
- A dialogue box asking for your permission will appear.
- Opt for ‘Yes.’
- A flickering dialogue box will appear in a black box.
- Type ‘Regedit’ and hit the ‘Enter’
- Afterward, choose ‘Export’ from the ‘File’
- Choose a specific folder from the ‘Save In list’ to store the QuickBooks desktop key.
- After that, enter the backup file’s name in the ‘File Name’
- Verify that the ‘Selected branch’ checkbox is selected in the ‘Export Range’
- First, click on the Startbutton
- Type the command but in the search box. Do not press on the .
- Hold the ‘Ctrl+Shift’ key on your keyboard and press the Enter>
- A dialog box asking for permission will appear prompting you to confirm.
- Select the Yes Now
- With a blinking dialog box, a black box will appear
- Type the “regedit” and click the Enter link
- Select the Export option from the File menu.
- Select a folder in the Save in list to save your QuickBooks desktop key
- Next, go to the Box Name and type the name for the backup file
- Now, go to the Export range box and make sure the “Selected Branch” is selected.
- Now, click on the Savebutton
- The file will be saved in the .reg extension format.
- Finally, backups of QuickBooks-related entries are available
- Hit on the ‘Save’
- The file will be saved automatically using the. reg file extension.
- If this method doesn’t address your issue, perform the following method.
Method 2: Go for a Malware Scan of Your PC
The malicious threats have the ability to corrupt, erase, or damage files that are erroneous. Therefore, we advise you to run a complete system scan to find and remove any hazardous viruses from the system.
Method 3: Clear the system junk using the Disc Cleanup
Follow the brief Process below to use the Disk Cleanup tool:
- First, hit the Startbutton
- Type “command ….” in the search box Don’t Hit
- The Ctrl+Shift keys are located on the keyboard.
- Click on the Enter link
- A dialog box asking for permission will appear.
- Click the Yesbutton
- Type cleanmgr into the search bar and select
- Disk Cleanup will assess the space taken up by temporary files and allow you to delete them.
- Finally, select the boxes from the categories that you wish to clean and click OK.
- Hit the ‘Start’
- Type in ‘command’ into the search box. Hold the ‘Ctrl+Shift‘ keys. (Make sure not to press the ‘Enter’ key prior).
- Afterward, hit the ‘Enter’
- A permission dialogue box will appear when you are prompted.
- Hit on ‘Yes.’
- Type ‘cleanmgr’ into the search box and hit the ‘Enter’
- Disk Cleanup will determine how much space the temporary file takes up and will let you get rid of it.
- Finally, hit ‘OK’ after selecting the boxes for the categories you want to clean.
Method 4: Use the Windows System Restore
The system user can go back in time to restore your system files and programs using Windows system restore. Follow the steps given below:
- Hit the ‘start’
- In the search box, type ‘System Restore’ and hit the ‘Enter’
- Double-click on ‘System Restore’
- Click the StartButton
- Now, type “System Repair” into the search box and click the Enter Tab.
- Click on the System to Restore
- When prompted, enter any administrator passwords
- Follow these steps to select a restore point.
- Restore your computer
- Enter the admin password when requested.
- Use the Wizard’s steps to select a restore point.
- Back up your computer.
Method 5: Windows System File Checker
One effective & simple program that enables QuickBooks users to scan for & repair errors in the Windows System Files is the System File Checker. Follow the guidelines laid below to use it.
- Hit on the ‘Start’ button and then type in ‘command’ in the search field.
- A permission dialogue box will appear. Make sure not to hit the Enter key while holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys together.
- Click on ‘Yes.’
- A blank screen (Command Prompt) appears on the screen.
- Type in ‘SFC/scannow’ and hit ‘Enter.’
- System File Checker will launch its scanning procedure to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6130, 0. This may take a while to finish.
Method 6: Uninstall & Reinstall the QuickBooks software
You need to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software if the error number 6130, 0 is related to a specific QB package. Follow the instructions below to reinstall:
- Hit on the ‘Start’ menu, followed by choosing the ‘Programs and Features’
- On the right side of the menu, choose ‘Control Panel.’ Then click ‘Programs.’
- Hit on the ‘Programs and Features’ option in the control panel.
- Track down the software that causes Error 6130,0.
- Choose the entry linked to QuickBooks error 6130, 0.
- In the top menu, click the ‘Uninstall’
- Wait for the Process to uninstall the QuickBooks software.
Method 7: Go for Windows Updates
Going for a windows update can solve the error code 6130, 0 as the new windows updates are equipped with new features to fix bugs and errors. Proceed as follows to update windows.
- Press the ‘Start’
- Subsequently, type ‘update’ in the ‘search’ Follow it up by hitting the ‘Enter’ key.
- A dialogue box for Windows Update will appear.
- Hit on ‘Check for updates.’ Mark all the essential updates.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Install Updates’ option if there are updates available.
Method 8: Rename the QuickBooks Desktop .ND and .TLG files
You can access the company files using QuickBooks configuration files .ND and .TGL. Error 6130 could be incited by some corruption in these files. You can solve it by renaming these files.
- Search for the files with the .ND and .TGL extensions in the QB file directory.
- Upon choosing them, hit on ‘Rename’ after right-clicking them.
- Change the filenames by including ‘.old’ after the filename.
- Launch QuickBooks software and make an attempt to access the files. The next method should be implemented if the error continues.
Method 9: Restart the QuickBooks Database Service
- Hit the ‘Win and R’ keys together to launch the ‘Run’ window on your server PC.
- In the open ‘Run’ box, type ‘services. msc’ and hit ‘Enter‘ key.
- Search for the service ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ (where XX denoted QuickBooks the version)
- From the left side panel, hit on ‘service,’ and then choose ‘Start.’
- Open the company files to check if the problem got resolved.
The repairing methods provided in this technical article for fixing the QuickBooks Error code 6130, 0, should be sufficient. If the issue code still appears, we advise you to get in touch with the Support staff.
You can obtain technical support for your QuickBooks program by contacting us as well. We are the top source of QuickBooks assistance and support in the world, with skilled and effective trained specialists.