Parental Control is the feature by which you can manage all sorts of settings in your device. This feature enables parents to restrict various types of content. Parental Control is also available on video games, computers, smart TVs, and phones. If you have an Android device, then follow the steps given below and learn how to enable parental controls.
From the Play Store
This feature is usually turned off by default in the Play Store. In case you wish to activate it, then you have to follow these guidelines:
- First of all, you have to launch the Play Store app on your smartphone running on Android. Then, choose the Menu icon.
- Now, select the Settings tab and then tap on Parental Control.
- You have to ensure that the toggle switch is turned on.
- Next, you will be asked to set up a PIN that you may use to control all the Parental Controls.
- You may select between two available categories:
- Apps and Games
- If you tap the section “Apps and Games,” you can select the child’s age group. You may select the “PEGI 3” as it’s the most restrictive choice.
- If you select the Music section, you will be facilitated with the option to mark the box that restricts explicit music.
Note: In case you wish to modify settings, you can easily use the 4-digit PIN once more. It is easy to remember for you.
Creating a Restricted Profile
Another way to set up Parental Controls is to create a restricted profile for your kid directly on Android Device.
- Get access to the Android device Settings and then search for the option “User.”
- Now, you will be able to view your name. You have to hit the option provided just below the “Add User” tab. Then, you will be automatically prompted to create a new user. Pursue all the guidelines until you have asked to connect to WiFi.
- You can provide a name to your profile and then add any other Email Address there.
- When the process finishes, you will see that all your previous applications are not visible. It is because of the new user, and from now onwards; your child will no longer be able to access restricted content.
Parental Control is a very efficient tool to protect important and inappropriate data and files from children. There are various ways to use parental controls such as Play Store management, setting up a restricted profile, or using a third-party app.