It is difficult to reach the people who could be your potential customers unless your website is SEO-optimized. And to solve this, you need to optimize your website for the search engine.
You can decide that by analyzing the ways of executing SEO campaigns over a period of time. As a result, using B2B SEO statistics can help you understand what is effective right now and what is not.
But why do you think businesses need SEO? Search engine optimization (SEO) can increase ROI compared to other marketing tactics. Because with regularly executed SEO, the website has more probability of ranking in the SERPs and thus more ROI.
To help you establish an efficient content marketing strategy, we’ve provided you with the most relevant B2B SEO statistics.
What is B2B SEO?
B2B SEO is a strategy for creating and optimizing pages of a business website to rank certain keywords on search engines like Google.
B2B enterprises that cannot risk sponsored marketing are drawn to SEO since it is an organic growth strategy. B2B SEO strategies put business websites in front of clients who are actively trying to purchase the goods or services they provide.
The Important B2B SEO Statistics for 2022
1. Decode search engines, and increase your ranking:
You probably already know that most B2B buyers make decisions on their desktops. It’s interesting to notice that the majority of those individuals research goods or services they’re considering purchasing online unlike word of mouth or by reading printed business publications.
- The vast majority of B2B researchers (89%) use the internet to explore potential purchases (Google).
- Before interacting with a specific website, a B2B buyer typically conducts 12 different online searches. (Google)
- According to the most recent data, Google handles nearly 99,000 searches every single second (Source: Internet Live Stats, 2022).
- The first SERP receives 95% of all traffic from search engines.
- Because of these, 60% of B2B businesses utilize SEO and SEO marketing (source: enterpriseappstoday.com).
2. Content is the key – B2B buyers Want Quality Content
According to a Clutch analysis, each review a business received on the website led to 20 additional views of their profile. Asking current clients to provide reviews could lead to a large boost in traffic-bearing leads.
96% of B2B buyers pursue content that is supported by thought leaders, demonstrating the value of authority and research in converting leads (Hubspot).
Also, before choosing a service, 61% of B2B buyers look at reviews online on Google or other digital platforms.
Furthermore, it becomes evident that content that focuses on a certain subject usually ranks higher than broader alternatives, so making an effort to specialize is worthwhile. So, following certain content marketing trends with some SEO-friendly tips help you organize your content.
Indexed pages imply more pathways to your website, which accounts for the 67% rise in leads each month. Blogging is a crucial SEO tool for increasing traffic because it generates more leads.
B2B Blog SEO Statistics
- Businesses that blog frequently generate 67% more leads per month than those that don’t (Hubspot).
- Blogs increase indexed pages on websites by an average of 434% (Source: tech client), whether they are B2B or B2C. According to 59% of B2B marketers, SEO has the most influence on their lead generation objectives. (Marketing charts)
- If they have a blog, B2B (business-to-business) marketers generate 67% more leads. (Searchenginepeople, 2021)
- According to 72% of marketers, producing relevant content is the single SEO strategy that truly works. (Searchenginepeople, 2021)
Video SEO Statistics
Marketers find that videos are more popular these days. In fact, a large number of people look for information on videos. Videos are likely to be shared in a variety of ways when people discover something worthwhile. Additionally, video avoids some of the complexity seen in content items like user guides. SEO analytics also show this.
- According to 51% of marketers, videos are the most effective form of content for return on investment. (WordStream)
- More than 30 minutes of B2B-related videos are watched by half of the potential buyers. (Think With Google)
- 77% of consumers claim that watching a brand’s testimonial video influenced their purchase choice. (Wyzowl)
3. Mobile B2B SEO Statistics
- Search engines are used daily by 87% of smartphone owners. (smamarketing)
- 58% of all Google searches are made on mobile devices. (Hitwise)
- In 78% of cases, a mobile location-based search leads to offline purchases. (Junto, 2021)
- In addition, 42% of researchers said they utilize a mobile device for B2B shopping. This is why it’s crucial that your website be incredibly simple to use on mobile. (Source: content marketing institute)
- 68% of B2B companies have mobile marketing included in their marketing plans. (Source: Salesforce)
- 51% of smartphone users acknowledge that they use their devices to conduct web searches to discover new businesses and products. (Source: siteefy)
4. Generic Statistics
- According to statistics, 64% of marketers actively work on search engine optimization. (Source: HubSpot)
- SEO has proven to be superior to organic social media because it generates 1,000% more website traffic from search engines than regular social media content. (Source: HubSpot)
- According to recent surveys of B2B consumers, 49% of them said they utilize Google’s search engine to look for new goods. (Source: HubSpot)
- In a recent survey, 70% of respondents said that SEO produces more sales than PPC. (Source: HubSpot)
- Google Maps is used by 86% of internet users to find a business’s location. (Junto, 2021)
- 62% of B2B marketers pointed out changes in SEO algorithms as an area of importance to them. (Content Marketing Institute)
- In 2022, revenue loss resulting from websites that take a long time to load could be $2.6 billion. (Source: webfx)
- 83% of potential consumers expect a website to load in under 3 seconds. (Source: webfx)
- For organic search results, the average conversion rate is 3.75%, while for display ads, it is 1.77%. (Source: Worldstream)
- In 2019, there are various ad-blockers used by 47% of internet users worldwide. (source: digital information world)
- In a recent survey, 70% of participants said that SEO produces more sales than PPC. (Source: HubSpot)
Search engine optimization is crucial to the success of your business. A website that is optimized for local search (Read Top local SEO factors to understand) results must be prepared by every local business. It may be time for a new website if yours isn’t responsive to mobile devices or isn’t optimized for faster results on phones.
And if you’re seeking to start with SEO, check out tips on writing SEO-friendly content to curate the best content.
Simply put, one of the best SEO approaches will continue to focus on high-quality thought leadership content marketing. While a strong base in technical SEO and keyword research is a requirement for success with thought leadership.
Research means a deep analysis of the facts and they are well presented in numbers. And that is what gives you clear hints on what to do and what not to do. And, when SEO strategies are employed in your business website, it becomes requisite to get the data in numbers.
And, as SEO statistics for B2B are portrayed above, you can get an idea to strategically plan out further steps to optimize your website.
This not only helps in getting the demographics but also points out the reasons for those results. Managing your business and also working on its SEO is not an easy job. So, now as you’ve gone through so much data and have understood the need to optimize your website, you can hire a dedicated SEO team at abkdigital to get things done for you.