Also known as ‘liberation while living’, Jivamukti yoga poses has become the sole source of enlightenment for many dedicated yoga practitioners all across the globe. People have actually started feeling the magic that it holds.
Starting from the development of your physical health to your mental health, the teachings of Jivamukti yoga energizes your life and brings dynamism to brighten up your future. It is one of the most structured forms of yoga that helps in empowering you.
Practice Jivamukti yoga only under the guidance of an expert. But, before you do that, it is important for you to understand every aspect of this style of yoga: Jivamukti yoga teacher training, history, origin, benefits, classes, and much more.
Keep on scrolling and walk through this article to know more yogis.
Jivamukti Yoga: The Origin
Created by David Life and Sharon Gannon in the year 1984, Jivamukti yoga is a proprietary form of yoga. Research has shown that David and Sharon were art lovers and once they developed an interest in the art of yoga, that is when they gave birth to a completely new style of yoga in New York, which today you know as Jivamukti yoga.
The name Jivamukti yoga means liberation while still living on earth. David and Sharon created this name by combining two words – Jiva and Mukti, where Jiva means the living soul of an individual and Mukti means freeing one’s self from the cycle of birth and death.
Read More – Things To Do After A Yoga Instructor Course
What Are Some Unknown Facts About Jivamukti Yoga?
- Although it is an intense form of yoga, anyone can practice it if you are willing enough to listen to your mind, body, and soul.
- Practicing Jivamukti yoga encourages spiritual benefits including, the realization of oneness, the discovery of lasting happiness, and much more.
- It is not just another form of yoga to keep yourself physically fit but also a way to improve the relationship between one asana to another.
- Jivamukti yoga consists of the five main principles namely, Non-Violence (Ahimsa), Devotion (Bhakti), Meditation (Dhyana), Music (Nada), and Scripture (Shashtra).
- This yoga form consists of the teachings of the three most influential yoga gurus – Swami Brahmananda Sarasvati, Ashtanga Guru Sri K Pattabhi Jois, and Swami Nirmalanda.
- It is a strong practice to connect people and bring them closer as a community.
What Is Special About Jivamukti Yoga Classes?
Jivamukti yoga: 200 hour yoga teacher training is grounded in vinyasa yoga practice, where the asanas are quite vigorous and challenging. In a Jivamukti yoga class, you learn how to maintain a relationship with other yoga asanas to come to a consistent place of happiness.
Finding A Good Jivamukti Yoga Training School
Some Jivamukti yoga schools that provide neat and experienced yoga teacher training are in the Indian yoga capitals like Rishikesh and Goa. Rishikesh Vinyasa yoga school and Svadhyaya Kosha are some of the best yoga schools for learning and practicing yoga in an exotic atmosphere.
In these schools, you also get the opportunity to learn from the highly-qualified teams of yoga gurus like Yogi Rajesh, Sarvottam Kumar, and many more.