QuickBooks is a multi-feature accounting application. It offers both online and desktop version. You can also Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online if you are a desktop user. The success of converting depends on the complexity of your data file. QuickBooks Online allows you to access your data file from anywhere at any time.
In this article, we will discuss how to import qbw file to QuickBooks Online. Besides, we will also inform you of its benefits and limitations.
A short description of how to Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting application available in the market. If you are QuickBooks Desktop user and wish to Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online, you can do it free of cost. Intuit doesn’t charge of the conversion. Ensure to update your QuickBooks application before importing QuickBooks Desktop to Online. There are certain limitations of the conversion which you must know before you import QuickBooks Desktop to Online.
Eligibility criteria of “import qbw file to QuickBooks online.”
Below are some eligibility criteria which users must know before converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online.
- Log in as the Administrator in both the QuickBooks Enterprise file and QuickBooks Online.
- Make sure that the company file does not have more than 350000 targets. To check it-
- Open QuickBooks Enterprise and press the F2 key on your keyboard and it will display the Product Information window.
- Locate the Total Targets on the screen and make sure that number against it doesn’t exceed 3450000.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Make sure that you have stable internet connection before you import QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
- From the Internet Explorer Security, check that https://qbo.intuit.com and https://lvdc.qbo.intuit.comare in the Trusted Sites list.
- You must have the subscription of the QuickBooks Online Plus, Essential, or Advanced versions.
- You won’t be able to import a QuickBooks Company File older than 60 days.
- Make sure that you have the full admin rights to access the QuickBooks Enterprise on Windows.
Import QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to Online
Before you start the procedure, make sure to update your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to QuickBooks and under the company file tab, click on Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- Enter the right user ID and Password on Export to QuickBooks Online Window.
- Now, agree to the terms and condition and then Sign in.
- After that, you will see Making a copy of your company file.
- Wait patiently until the QuickBooks Enterprise Company file gets successfully imported to QuickBooks Online. Further, you will see a message appears on the screen that says, “Looks Good! We’ll take it from here.”
- Click Ok and then you will get a confirmation email from QuickBooks that says, “Congratulations! Your data is now available on QuickBooks Online.”
Top 5 Benefits of importing QuickBooks Desktop to Online.
- It is free of cost, and Intuit doesn’t charge anything for importing data to the online version.
- You can easily compare the reports from the current year to the previous year.
- You get complete accessibility with login as well as password.
- Your company file also gets updated in real-time.
- You can set up multiple budgets every financial year
What’s not imported when “Import QuickBooks Desktop enterprise to online”?
Few items which are not converted while switching QuickBooks Desktop to Online are listed below.
- Bank and credit card account reconciliation reports.
- Recurring credit card changes.
- Inventory from QuickBooks for Mac.
- Sales form templates.
- Price levels.
- Subtotal items, sales tax group items, and other group items.
- Audit trail.
- Pending transactions.
How to Resolve “Error: Could not connect to the database or could not load the database”?
To get this error fixed, follow the steps given below carefully.
- Open Run window by pressing Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Now, users must open the ‘Control Panel’ and, from the drop-down menu, select the ‘View’ option.
- Proceed by selecting the ‘Small icons.’
- Next, choose the ‘User Accounts’ tab.
- Further, the user must select the ‘Manage another account’ option.
- Finally, make sure that you have logged in as an ‘Administrator.’
You might also like: 5 Tips for New Payroll Professionals
How to Fix “Error: We can’t export the data. It may be on a network drive”
The error appears on the screen when the user tries to export the QuickBooks desktop company file while being in the multi-user mode. There are specific steps that you must carry out to resolve this error.
- Open QuickBooks and press the F2 key on your keyboard or CTRL + 1 to open the product information window.
- After that, check the file size.
- Further, users must close the QuickBooks Desktop after copying the company file to C:\ Drive.
- Next, open the Company File in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Users must select the “Switch to single-user mode” from the File menu.
- To end the process, export again, and then from the File menu, click on the Utilities option.
- To proceed, opt for the “Copy Company File for QuickBooks Online.”
In this post, we have discussed how to Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online. We have informed all the eligibility criteria of the conversion. Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online is the best way to avail the benefits of the online version.