QuickBooks is one of the foremost far-famed accounting software package between tiny and mid-sized business homeowners. This software system could be a one-stop answer for all of your accounting desires. It offers complete peace of mind to business as a result of its immeasurable options that save business owners time, therefore, that they will dedicate their time to grow their business.
Just like each different software system QuickBooks additionally face some quite issues. During this blog, I’ll be discussing one the foremost often occurring error i.e. QuickBooks error 6147. QuickBooks error code 6147 0 is series of QuickBooks error 6000.
What is QuickBooks Error 6147?
Error code 6147 0 QuickBooks occur once trying to open my company file or a backup file in QuickBooks once the corporate file is broken or not properly situated, QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 happens.
It happens once you are attempting to revive a company file backup (.QBB extension) from a network drive or regionally. Before moving any to the elaborate answer please makes sure that your QuickBooks is updated.
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 6147?
- Restoring computer files from a drive or a network drive.
- . ND or. TLG extensions may be broken or corrupted
- QBW file
- Incorrect folder permission to the folder within which you’ve got QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks company file is opened by a mapped drive that may have gotten deleted or the trail now not exists.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6147
- The windows begin running sluggishly
- The system often crashes with the error code
- A drag was detected and also the system shuts down
- Windows unable to reply to keyboard and mouse inputs
- The active program window crashes with the error code 6147
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 6147
Solution 1: Change the names of.TLG and. NG files
- Navigate to the folder where the Company file resides.
- Look for the files that have the same names. These company files should be with.NG and.TLG files. The files such as Company_File.qbw.nd and Company_File.qbw.tlg
- Change the names of such files.
- Type OLD to change the name of every file. Example: Company_File.qbw.nd.OLD
- Try to access Company File in QB software. If you are able to access the file, the error is resolved. Otherwise, try the next step.
Solution 2: Trend Micro Active Scan settings are to be configured. You have to set aside the folder that has the company file.
- Find your company’s file location
- Press Ctrl and then double click on QuickBooks followed by opening it without disturbing the company’s file.
- The company’s file should be on the top. From the list of the files, choose the company file.
- The file list will open that would display the location of the file.
- Now, you have to open the scan settings of the Trend Micro active scan. You have to carefully select the folder and add it to the exception.
- You can visit the page of Trend Micro support page on their website to know how to set the exception with the files or folder.
Solution 3: Run the Rebuild Utility
- From the File menu click on Utilities
- Click on Rebuild Data.
- If you receive a prompt to backup your company file, Click OK
- If Your computer may display the message QuickBooks is not responding, Click on OK
For more troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 user can visit us on the internet and connect with QuickBooks Helpdesk through email or live chat. Users can also opt for a quick rectification through our QB Helpdesk Number i.e. +1800-871-6508.