Stye Drug Market: Introduction
- Stye, also known as hordeolum, is a painful and acute infection on the upper or lower eyelid. Majority of the cases of hordeolum are due to Staphylococcus aureus followed by Staphylococcus epidermidis. All age groups can be affected, although there is a slight increase in prevalence of stye in patients aged between 30 years and 50 years.
Read Report Overview – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/stye-drug-market.html
- Stye can be treated with topical ointment or sometimes oral antibiotics. However, in some cases, surgeries are performed. Typically, the size of the swelling is a direct indicator of the severity of the infection. Recurrent of hordeolum is usually due to failure to eliminate the bacteria completely.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Stye Drug Market
- Prevalence of indoor as well as outdoor allergens is driving the global stye drug market. Environmental factors play a major role in the occurrence of allergic conditions. The bacteria of stye i.e. staphylococcal, is often found in the nose. This can easily be transferred from nose to eye.
- Hordeolum has no correlation between race, sex, or gender for the occurrence of Stye. Due to increased viscosity of the sebum, adults are prone to this disease. Sometimes, blepharitis, seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea, diabetes, and elevated lipids offer an additional risk to the development of hordeola.
- Patent expiry of several companies and introduction of generic drugs are expected to restrain the growth of the global market. Expiration of patent can have a major impact on the market leading to decline in net price.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=72960
External Hordeolum Segment to Witness High Demand
- In terms of type, the global stye drug market can be segmented into external hordeolum and internal hordeolum
- External stye or hordeolum emerge at the outer edge of the eyelid, while in internal hordeolum, the swelling develops inside the eyelid
- External hordeolum is common. Most hordeola are external and result from obstruction and infection of an eyelash follicle and adjacent glands of Zeis or Moll glands. Follicle obstruction may be associated with blepharitis. However, an internal hordeolum is very rare and a result of infection in the meibomian gland.
Antibiotic Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- Based on drug class, the global stye drug market can be divided into antibiotic and ophthalmic steroids
- Oral antibiotics are majorly prescribed for external hordeolum treatment. This drug class can also be useful for internal hordeolum. However, antibiotics having topical route of administration are usually ineffective.
- Steroids injections are sometimes administered by ophthalmologists for early recovery. Steroid injection carries the risk of bleeding, thinning of the skin, scar, pain, and in very rare cases, loss of vision. Thus, this drug class is not preferred for the treatment of stye.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Stye Drug Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=72960
Hospital Pharmacy Segment to Grow at High Rate
- On the basis of distribution channel, the global stye drug market can be classified into hospital pharmacy, online, and pharmacy
- Drugs used for stye treatment are majorly prescription-based. Hospital pharmacy deals with storage, procurement, dispensing, and distribution of drugs to in-patient as well as outpatient.
- However, online distribution channel may grow in the near future due to delivery of drugs at home. Online pharmacy is an internet-based vendor. Population-based surveys exhibited that 72% of the online population in the U.S. and 71% in Europe searched for health related information, at least, once in 12 months.
Asia Pacific Stye Drug Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global stye drug market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness maximum demand for stye drugs from 2019 to 2027. Major manufacturers are continuously investing in emerging economies to leverage growth opportunities in the market.
Pre Book Stye Drug Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=72960<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global stye drug market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bausch and Lomb
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novartis AG
- DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED
- AbbVie Inc.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Personal Mobility Devices Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/personal-mobility-devices-market-rising-in-various-regions-owing-to-increased-geriatric-population/
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453