The world is progressing technically every day, and people can witness the advancements around them in various forms. The buildings, apartments we reside in and even the offices we work in are equipped with the latest innovations meant explicitly for human ease. One of them is the heating and cooling system that is aimed for our daily necessities. You won’t find any residence or building erected without ventilation and heating and air conditioning.
The need to maintain this equipment or appliances is mandatory to regulate the system to its full efficiency. After a month of usage, the HVAC system gets accumulated with pollutants. Converting your healthy air is unhygienic with tons of uncharted health hazards. Occupants develop respiratory diseases in many cases alongside some allergies likely to cause harm to all.
Every appliance or a convenience system has its cleaning methods and maintains the system’s longevity/lifespan. Likewise, when the air ducts are filthy and polluted with dirt and debris, its efficiency gets affected and eventually requires special attention. There are many proposed ways for cleaning the air ducts and eradicate the containments to the fullest. Everyone should follow HVAC protocol for cleaning; Regardless it’s a homeowner or a professional trying to clean, repair and replace parts of the duct system.
Air Duct Cleaning Gainesville follows a strict rule set by Florida that follows the conduct set by NADCA and EPA. This article suggests all the best methods advised and conducted by the professionals for a cleaner HVAC system throughout the season.
The best method for air duct cleaning
The fact that homeowners consider cleaning the HVAC system by themselves using DIY steps is somehow appropriate. Still, something that can’t be foregone is that most of the time, while cleaning it by themselves, we often damage the ducts from the inside. That’s when air duct repair and replacement Gainesville require the most.
No method you find on the internet is wrong, but the best way to clean something without damaging is ideal. While you see, HVAC technicians perform their task; you will gradually learn a lot about your vents and their functioning and above all, cleaning.
Following are some best methods advised by the NADCA for Air duct cleaning Gainesville.
- Investing in the power vacuum, also known as the industrial vacuum, sucks out dirt and debris from every nooks and corner in a blink of an eye. It is an expensive investment, and not many homeowners can afford to buy it, but if you hire a professional, this would be the first thing they will be doing after a thorough inspection. They find this method of cleaning quick, safe and efficient in many aspects.
- Cleaning the point of contact is the next best cleaning method present to date. Although it also requires a vacuum, a brush with soft bristles and wiping tools. It is way cheaper on pockets than the air sweep method mentioned earlier. In this way, you only get in touch with the filthy parts and leave the other parts untouched and undamaged.
- The third most effective and best method of cleaning advised and trained by NADCA is removing the source. Parts of the ducts are removed and then cleaned using agitation method. Thoroughly mixing force with useful chemicals is sprayed on the details to loosen up the dirt and debris and stuck pet dander and then wiped down with a clean cloth and fixed back to its place.
Be it Air duct repair and replacement Gainesville or simple air duct cleaning Gainesville. It’s essential to notice that whichever contractor you hire must be researched before getting the services done. The trained and approved by NADCA use techniques and approaches that clean your furnaces and vents and keep them in good shape.
The cleaning process
Following is the breakdown of the process that is done to clean the ducts efficiently.
- After cutting down the power supply to the system, the professionals zone out the inlet and outlet to clean parts separately and effectively.
- The supply line is connected with the vacuum so that it turned on the outside.
- Supply registers will be closed from each side to provide negative pressure at its best.
- With the help of agitation method, technicians will clean the primary trunk for any residue that’s stuck.
- To clean the return supply chamber, the same steps, as mentioned above, have to be followed.
- Returns ducts are more profound than the supply ducts hence deep incision has to be made to get the toughest of all debris. It could go along 20 plus ft.
- After successful removal of dirt and debris, the vents need to be sterilized.
- Furnace, cage, and the blower motor are cleaned via air wash so effectively get the dirt out of each nook and corner.
- After successfully cleaning the vents, it’s time to look for leaks and sealing them to ensure you can see no further re-occurrence of an infestation.
- A last final inspection is done to ensure nothing is left, and everything is clean and ready to be used again.
Having a basic knowledge of the HVAC system changes a lot of perspective of cleaning and maintaining the system. It is never too late to contact a professional and ask a few things related to cleaning maintaining and repair.
Also Read : How to Choose an Expert HVAC Technician?