Looking to start selling online, make sure you fill your customers’ online shopping carts. Using one of the most popular e-commerce platforms available on the market currently. Increase your sales as well as customer service and experience all in one. What better way to position your online business to an advantage if you had an application you enjoyed utilizing?
E-commerce platforms are affordable and simple to utilize in terms of what they can offer. It’s all about selecting the best platform for your company and you. Build your website with the need of your ecommerce platform, best ecommerce development services.
Here’s a list of eight of the most popular online shopping platforms. With the many options and features they have to offer:
Shopify was possibly the most well-known e-commerce site globally. It completed 2018 with 1,000,000+ companies using their platform.
It’s no surprise that they’re one of the most popular and well-known eCommerce platforms. However, this doesn’t mean that they’re better than their competition in every element.
The most significant benefit for the Shopify platform is how simple the platform can be used. From a backend point of view and for customers on the front. Drag and drop elements to build your own Shopify shop menus. They are easy to navigate and well-designed, and it looks stunning.
The most significant drawback is rigid URL structures and certain restrictions. Laying out your website’s structure from an SEO standpoint. If SEO is your goal for the long term, it is the case for all online companies. You’ll discover some aspects of designing your site’s pages difficult.
- Excellent style and UX
- It is simple to modify themes and layouts
- Quick loading time
- Excellent customer support
- It is perfect for selling 1-click and upsells
- It can be expensive for those who are just starting an e-commerce store
- Not ideal for SEO or site structure.
WooCommerce is the most significant portion of the marketplace for e-commerce. It is powering an impressive 22% of all online e-commerce stores in 2019.
Its popularity is because it is free to download. While also providing a variety of functions available right out of the box and being user-friendly and highly flexible. WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin, which means it’s not a problem if you’re not familiar with WordPress. However, WordPress is also the biggest and well-known CMS for managing content.
It’s your responsibility to figure out how you can make use of WooCommerce. If you’re familiar with WordPress, this shouldn’t be an issue, and the cost of free it is a great option.
- Download and use for free
- The interface is simple to use and comes with an extensive selection of customizable themes and extensions
- It’s great for SEO since it’s a WordPress plugin
- As an open-source plugin, customer support is not good.
- You’ll have to install several extensions, which could slow down your website.
Squarespace is a builder of websites that offers to host. Web builder tools, unique e-commerce themes, and tools.
They’ve been in existence since 2003 and have earned themselves. A reputation for being among the most effective products. For store and site developers with no technical expertise.
If you’re looking to create simple stores quickly, Squarespace can do this for you. They offer a variety of stunning themes and images available. And easy to drag and drop procedures to set everything up.
- Simple to use even with limited technical skills
- A lot of beautiful designs straight out from the box
- Excellent SEO capabilities
- The support currently only covers Stripe and Paypal at the time of checkout.
- It’s not the most competitive price.
Weebly was launched in 2006. It’s a fantastic platform for beginners and experts alike. You can make use of their drag-and-drop feature to quickly build an online store. It explores HTML or CSS to alter their templates when you’re used to this.
They have competitive pricing and some fantastic features. Such as promotional campaigns for marketing, shipping calculators. And telephone support in case you’re stuck.
- Competitive pricing
- There are plenty of gorgeous styles to pick from
- Simple interface and a smooth user experience
- Practical marketing tools to advertise your company
- Not the best for SEO
- Content-driven websites
Wix shares many similarities with Weebly. Since they have the same drag-and-drop online store creation tools they’ve been around. And provide a similar set of features.
The significant distinction between them is that Wix is better suited for smaller-sized businesses. It’s because it’s missing specific essential attributes that other e-commerce platforms provide.
It’s not simple to add products seamlessly and grow a store like Shopify.
- There are a lot of themes and extras from which to select from
- It is effortless to set up and create an impressive storefront
- Not offering a few of the features that other builders for e-commerce provide
- Dropping shipping is not provided.
Although it’s been around from 2001 onwards. 3dcart hasn’t reached the number of users that other e-commerce platforms have.
This is because it’s not the most user-friendly platform to work with. For beginners, it can be challenging to get the most out of their options. As well as it takes longer than other platforms to create a store.
If you’re able to get through this, you’ll be able to take advantage of their sophisticated features. To create a fantastic store with a great user experience. They have some great options, including no transaction charges even for their base plan. Customers also get unlimited storage and their own POS and 24-hour tech support in case you have a problem.
- Excellent blog features for content-rich websites.
- It supports a variety of integrations
- Starting affordable prices
- Not suitable for users who are new or who do not have a lot of experience building websites.
- Templates aren’t as trendy as other platforms.
BigCommerce may have the most integrated features of any e-commerce platform. With their simple drag-and-drop builder, it’s the perfect platform suitable for stores of all sizes. And for users of any level of expertise.
The essential features for any business using e-commerce include multi-channel sales and SSL certificates. And inventory tracking is standard in all of their plans.
- Simple to use builder tool with many features that can be customized
- Strong SEO tools
- Many modern, stylish and exciting themes to pick from
- There is no 1-click selling feature
- It can get expensive for high volume sales
Volusion is a drag and drops building tool that many e-commerce platforms provide. So there’s no problem creating your store.
The primary issue is the absence of free themes. There are currently only 11 themes that are free as of the date of publication. The themes paid for are one hundred dollars each. Which is an enormous cost to consider when starting a new company.
The plans offer all the features you need when starting an online business. The dashboard is simple to navigate and helps you manage your inventory and store easy. Also, while all good things come from the user experience, the absence of blogging capabilities could turn off SEOs.
- Drag and drop builder is simple to use to design your online store
- A clear and easy-to-understand dashboard as well as Inventory management
- Multi-channel selling capabilities built-in
- Lack of blogging features and no SEO features
- A few themes for free and costly paid themes