Over the last few decades, Australia has become a trendy destination for students worldwide because of a combination of reasons like pleasant weather, standards of living, a dynamic educational system, and diverse culture. If you are interested in studying on the continent down under, your foremost priority should be to get an Australian student visa. The entire visa securing procedure is pretty strict, and so we have discussed all the essential matters you should know to get the visa timely.
Who Needs The Australian Student Visa, And Which Visa Should You Apply For?
You will need an Australian Student Visa if you come from any foreign country except New Zealand. But the type of visa you will need will depend on the length of the course you will want to study. If you intend to study in Australia for over six months, you need to apply for the Student Visa Subclass 500. A Working Visa will be enough if you have plans for a less period. You should give yourself ample time to apply for and wait for your student visa approval.
What Documents Will You Need To Submit In The Application?
You can get your Visa Subclass 500 smoothly if you make the preparations in advance. Here, we include the complete Student Visa 500 checklist you will need to study in Australia.
Confirmation Of Enrolment(Coe)
Once your university will send you the letter of acceptance and you have completed all the payments, you will receive the Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE). It will be for each course that you will take while studying.
The CoE is a crucial document that you will need to submit to complete the visa application process. You will get it as a code that you will need to fill out in the visa application form in the required section.
If you want to change your study courses, but the courses themselves remain at the same study level or higher, you do not need to do anything more. But, if you wish to go with courses below the status of your original study course, you will need to start with a new student visa application.
2. Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement Personal Statement (GTE)
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) is another essential requirement for getting the Student Visa 500 in Australia. As a student, you will need to show through a written personal statement that you apply for a visa to enter Australia for a temporary study.
While considering your visa application, the Australian government will check your circumstances in your home country, your chosen study course, how it will help your future career, your history of immigration (if any), and any other relevant factors related to your application. Sometimes, you may have to sit for an interview with the Australian Embassy in your home country for clearing details.
3. Fill Out Your Student Visa Application
As an international student, you can apply for your Student Visa Subclass 500 online. On the official website of the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs, create your online profile and then upload all the documents. You should not miss any steps as it can make the whole procedure complicated.
4. Provide A Passport Copy
It is an effortless step, but you should keep your passport up-to-date and ready to be submitted to get the approval of your student visa.
5. Evidence Of Sufficient Funds
It is one of the essential Student Visa Subclass 500 conditions, and you have to provide evidence that you have enough funds for your study coverage in Australia. When you submit the proof in your visa application, you should consider other costs like living costs, travel costs, and a little buffer. You should remember that the annual living cost set for international students in Australia is around AUD19830. This cost excludes the tuition fees.
6. Health Insurance Coverage
OSHC or Overseas Student Health Coverage is another requirement that all international students must purchase. Suppose you are not particular about which insurance you should buy. In that case, you may speak with your university to get an idea of which one to choose for your coverage during your stay in Australia from the five approved OSHC insurers. It is a very crucial step you should not miss, as it can affect your student visa procedure.
7. English Proficiency Test Scores
If you have studied in a non-English speaking country or hail from a non-English speaking country, you will need to appear for any English language tests–IELTS, TOEFL iBT, PTE or Cambridge Advanced English. Test results will be necessary for the application.
Suppose you think you have an insufficient grip on the language and are worried about your visa application with little proficiency. In that case, you may think of taking English courses for your exam preparations.
8. Four Copies Of Passport Photographs
You need to submit four copies of passport photographs. While you can get passport photos when applying for the passport, you can also take them to any government passport office.
9. Pay Visa Application Fees
You will need to fill out all the student visa information and require paying all the visa fees. The fees will vary according to the country you are from, and that is why you should use the visa pricing estimator to get an idea of the visa costs.
Once you make the full payment, you will receive the Transaction Reference Number or TRN. With this number, you can check the status of your visa application.
Benefits Of Having Student Visa Subclass 500
- The holder of the scholar visa can work and study in Australia throughout the duration of the course. There is an advantage of working 40 hours per fortnight during the course and full time during the varsity break.
- The applicants may apply for a long-term or short-term visa.
- There is no specific age to use for the scholar visa but there are special conditions if you’re under 18 years aged.
- By holding the scholar visa, you get proper to get the official Diploma, Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree that’s recognized by the Australian educational framework. This certificate will assist you in getting sponsorship by an Australian employer or business.
- If you’ve studied for two years at the upper educational level, then you’ll get the benefit to use for the Post-graduate visa.
- The applicant can include the family or the partner on the appliance of the visa.
Eligibility Criteria For Visa Subclass 500
- Before entering Australia you want to have overseas student health cover(OSHC).
- You must be below 18th years aged to urge a student visa subclass 500.
- Need to prove that you simply are going to be financially ready to stay and survive in Australia.
- Provide proof of your English language skills.
- You want to not have debt from any Australian agencies or governmental body.
- Should not have any criminal records in your corresponding country.
- Must be a genuine entreat.
- You want to not have any visa cancellation history.
What More You Need To Know?
Visa applications take about four weeks to get processed. For any requirements regarding visa application, you may get in touch with ISA, who can assign you with a visa agent of Adelaide or a migration agent Adelaide. Consultancy firms like Immigration Agent Adelaide can also help you.