Blue Light Blocking Lenses
Why Blue Light Glasses are important? Your morning starts with shutting off the alarm from your phone and checking notifications. Then you work for 8 hours on computers. While break time, you check social media, watch some videos on your phone. After coming back from work, you switch on the television to watch your favorite shows and then you end your day again by checking your phone. If you are too attached to your phone, you stay awake few more hours.
This is the daily routine of almost all. Most people nowadays are glued to their mobile screen. You watch videos, play games, do work and whatnot but the hours you spend on these digital devices is very large. And that’s not healthy at all.
Digital devices emit blue lights which is a form of high energy visible light. When you are exposed to these lights for long hours over a prolonged period of time, you will start having eye strains and fatigue. Strain and fatigue can make you feel tired and fatigued all the time. Your mood is affected, your productivity at work is affected. This increases your stress level. And when stress is more, it leads to many diseases. If you are suffering from such symptoms, then you should start blocking these blue lights. And the best way to do this is by using blue light blocking glasses.
How blue light blocking glasses can help?
Blue light blocking glasses reduces the intake of blue lights from every source. Blue light is present in natural light, LED lights, and all digital devices. Blue light in some amount is good for your brain but overexposure to it can cause plenty of problems for you.
Blue light makes your mind active and alert. It is a good thing to expose yourself to morning sunlight. However, using digital devices day in and out is causing your eyes to strain. By blocking blue lights, these glasses eliminate the side effects of blue lights.
Wearing these glasses can help in reducing eye strain and fatigue after long hours of working on computers. You will get headaches less often. Headaches occur because you overexpose your eyes to blue light causing them to strain.
Blue light makes your mind active. Overexposure can keep your sleep away. You will have trouble falling asleep. By blocking blue lights, you will be able to regulate your sleep cycle back to normal. For this, you need blue light blocking glasses with maximum blue light blocking capability. Specscart’s X-Blue UV block 99.99 per cent of blue lights. You should buy glasses online in these blue light blocking lenses to regulate your sleep cycle and reduce your daily fatigue.
Should you start using blue light glasses?
If you are an office worker who works for eight hours or more on computers, then you should use these glasses. Digital strain is an occupational hazard. You should use safety devices (blue light glasses) to reduce digital strain and fatigue.
If you are an internet addict or gamer or student or simply someone who likes binge-watching, you should get blue light glasses. You might experience eye issues after using a computer for long hours. Even if you have perfect vision, prolong exposure to blue lights can cause you headache and eye pain as well. You should buy fake glasses with blue light blocking lenses while using computers.
If you are hyperopic or have high myopia, working on computers can strain your eyes. Wearing blue light glasses will give you a comfortable and smoother vision. The bright and high-resolution screen doesn’t hurt after you use blue light glasses.
If you are dry eyes or headache while working on computers, then you can consider using blue light glasses.
Blue light glasses are not necessary but wearing them will give you better and comfortable vision.
Alternatives to blue light glasses
- You can put on blue light filter screen on all digital devices
- You can reduce the resolution of all your digital devices to a comfortable mode.
- You can take a break or vacation
- You can take appropriate breaks in between work and not touch devices during that time period
- Use artificial tear solutions to lubricate your eyes. This will relieve your eyes from eye pain and strain.
Contact lenses or Glasses – Which is more comfortable for your eyes?
It depends. You might find wearing glasses daily a hassle, a crutch that you need to carry around every day. Also, you might find contact lenses bothersome since you will have to handle them with more care. Some might find glasses comfortable while some will side with contact lenses. It depends on your choice, lifestyle and requirement.
Pros of Contact lenses
- Contact lenses provide better vision without any distortion or obstacle as the lenses conform to the curvature of your eyes.
- You can wear them for sports activities.
- Contact lenses will not fog up when you wear masks or because of the weather condition.
- These don’t affect your style or look in any way. You look just the way you are.
- You can wear colourful contacts and make yourself look different.
- You can get contact lenses with anti-reflective or blue light blocking coating. These will protect your eyes and make your vision comfortable.
Cons of contact lenses
- Contact lenses are not easy to put on. You will need to take out time every day to put on your lenses. For some, it might take a lot of time. If you are too busy for that it will be difficult for you to wear contacts every day.
- Wearing contact lenses can make your eyes dry as it covers the iris completely.
- Wearing contacts and working on a computer can make your eyes more tired and dry than usual.
- You need to take proper care of your contacts. You will need to store your lenses properly in the case provided. If not, you will increase the chances of getting an infection in your eyes.
- You will need to clean your hands properly before putting on and removing contact lenses otherwise you might get an eye infection.
- Sleeping with contact lenses can cause an eye infection. You will need to be careful with your lenses.
- Contact lenses have an expiry period. You can keep on wearing the same contact lenses for years.
- If you have sensitive cornea, then you won’t be able to wear contact lenses.
If you are a careful person, you should use contact lenses as they are convenient at many times. Also, if you are conscious about your look with glasses, wearing contact lenses can help you. You can buy contact lenses or order online glasses, whichever fits your requirement.
Pros of prescription glasses
- Glasses are easy to put on. You don’t have to care about hygiene measures to avoid eye infection.
- Glasses do not require high maintenance. You can simply clean them with cloth and not worry about getting an infection.
- Glasses don’t make your eyes dry.
- You can change your look with glasses. You can match your glasses with your outfits and try out different style statement. You can also appear cheerful friendly or chic posh just by the choice of your glasses.
- Glasses are cheaper than contact lenses and can be worn for any period of time. They do not come with an expiration period. You can change your glasses when your prescription power changes or your glasses break or you fed up with the style.
- Glasses can protect your eyes from dust and wind.
Cons of prescription glasses
- It takes time to adjust to glasses. It can take few days to weeks. It takes a lot of time for varifocal glasses.
- Glasses affect your natural look. Many find glasses as a crutch and feel their confidence sinking.
- Glasses can fog up because of weather or from your breathe escaping from the masks.
- Glasses can leave behind marks on the nose.
- You can not play or do any sports activities with glasses. It will fall off with too much rough activity.
You can compare the pros and cons of both glasses and contact lenses to know which one is better for you. If you have a high power prescription, regular glasses will make your eyes look unusual. You can get your glasses made with high index lenses which are lighter and doesn’t distort the appearance of your eyes behind them.
You can get both glasses and contact lenses with blue light blocking ability. You can protect your eyes from blue light by wearing any of them. Both will give you a comfortable vision. If you participate in sports activity a lot, you can choose contacts over glasses. If you are a simple office worker, you can choose glasses over contacts. Or you can use both and switch between them whenever you feel. You can wear contacts at parties and show your natural eyes. You can put on any kind of makeup and make your eyes look prettier. emuarticles