Apart from the several robust QuickBooks features, printing is the one that allows you to print checks, invoices, and other documents in QuickBooks. However, many times, due to damaged or corrupt QBprint.qbp files you might end up with printing errors message like Unable to print checks in QuickBooks. Apart from this, there are several other reasons as well such as using the outdated version of Adobe Acrobat reader and a few others that we have covered ahead . Due to this, you won’t be able to continue printing checks, and that, in turn hampers the ongoing business activity. Therefore, you must resolve it at the earliest to avail of the printing functionality in QuickBooks.
Thinking about how to tackle “Can’t print checks in QuickBooks” issue? If yes, then we suggest you consult our highly certified experts by dialing the toll-free number +1(855)-738-0359. Our experts will provide you with quick fixes to deal with the error within no time.
Reasons Why Checks Not Printing Correctly in QuickBooks
Once you get to know why Checks Not Printing Correctly in QuickBooks you must be aware of the root causes that triggers the error. To help you out we have mentioned some of the reasons that triggers the error below:
- Presence of the cookies and temporary internet files of your web browser.
- If the desired Printer is not set as the default printer.
- Choosing the wrong paychecks type while printing.
Here’s how you can fix the “Checks did not print in QuickBooks” issue
Before you proceed towards the troubleshooting steps, you must go through the following considerations.
- Make sure to update QuickBooks Desktop as per the most recently launched version.
- Ensure that your system is well connected with our Printer and the printer software is also correctly installed on your PC.
Below, we have listed all the possible troubleshooting solutions to help you get rid of the “checks did not print in QuickBooks” issue.
Related Post: QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
Solution 1: Fix the issue of Unable to Print Checks in QuickBooks issue due to Adobe Reader
QuickBooks Desktop Users
If you couldn’t print checks in QB desktop, try installing Adobe Reader on your system. Also, set it as the default PDF reader.
QuickBooks Online User
QuickBooks Online users must be aware of the fact that you must have Adobe or Adobe compatible PDF Reader so that you can print checks appropriately. To use the Adobe reader, you first have to download and then install it by following the on-screen prompts. Thereafter enable the Adobe PDF Reader on the web browser that you are presently using by following the steps below:
- Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Manage addons > Toolbars and Extensions.
- Thereafter, choose the View addons option.
- If Adobe is installed on your system, then it will appear on the Manage Add-ons window.
Google Chrome Users
- Firstly, select the Menu option followed by the Settings option.
- Now, locate and click the Advanced menu and then choose the Content Settings option. You will locate this option in the Privacy and Security section.
- Scroll down towards the PDF documents option and click on it. After this, switch it ON for the “Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome” option.
- Access the Mozilla Firefox web browser, then select the Open menu followed by the Options tab.
- Afterwards, search for the option ‘Portable Document Format’ under Content Type.
- Now, in the Action column, change Preview in Firefox to Use Adobe Reader (default) in the drop-down menu.
- Once you have installed the Adobe PDF Reader, the Single Check Printing Problem can be easily resolved.
Solution 2: Ensure That You Have Chosen the Correct Paychecks Type
If you have chosen the wrong paychecks type while printing checks, invoices, etc, then, in that case, it will interrupt the process of printing checks in QuickBooks. Therefore, to verify whether you have chosen the correct paychecks type, you must follow the instructions given below:
For QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Access the QuickBooks Online Payroll version and then select the highlighted Gear icon.
- Following this, you need to click the Payroll Settings option.
- Now, select the Paycheck Printing option located beneath the Preferences tab.
Know more Related Blog: Emu Articles
Solution 3: Delete the Browsing History or Cache of your browser
Sometimes, unusual behaviors like loading pages or errors might be caused by a corrupted cache in your browser. Clearing the cache can often clear up the issue that you may be experiencing. Follow the below-given instructions to clear your browsing history as per the internet browser you are using currently.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your system.
- Thereafter, select the Customize and Control; Google Chrome icon represented with three vertically placed dots located on the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click the “History” option and then select the Clear Browsing Data option from the left side of the screen.
- Consequently, you will be displayed various boxes on your screen and you need to select the appropriate boxes. Additionally, choose the time period by clicking on the drop-down menu box. To clear Everything, click All Time.
- Make sure that you have selected Everything, including cookies, cached images and unwanted files.
- At last, click the Clear Data option to clear all the browsing data.
- Hover your cursor over the Gear icon and then choose the Safety option.
- Afterwards, select the Delete Browsing History option.
- Unmark the checkbox of “Preserve Favourites Website Data.
- Also, ensure that you have marked the checkbox of “Temporary Internet Files” and click the Delete option.
- Select the Ok option.
Mozilla Firefox Users
- Click on the Menu option and then hover your cursor over the History option.
- Thereafter, select the Clear Recent History.
- As a result, you will be displayed with a pop-up window of the time range, set it to Everything.
- You are required to mark the checkbox next to Cache and then select the Clear Now option.
- Reopen the Firefox application to verify whether the printing issue is resolved.
Apple Safari Users
- Open the Safari web browser and then choose the Preferences tab followed by the Advanced option.
- From the menu bar, select the Show Develop menu.
- Select the Develop and then click the Empty Caches.
- Thereafter, close all open tabs in the Safari browser and restart it.
- Finally, sign in to QuickBooks Online to verify whether the “We weren’t able to show your payroll info” error message is removed.
Solution 4: Renaming the QBPrint File
Renaming the QBprint.qbp file removes all the print-related information from your system. And due to which QuickBooks gets refreshed on how the printers have been configured earlier on your device.
- Firstly, open the QBprint.qbp file by following the path given below depending on the Windows Operating System that you are currently using.
- For Windows 8, 7 and Vista:- C: drive > Documents and Settings > All USers > Applications Data > Intuit > QuickBooks YYYY.
- For Windows Server 2008 and Server 2012:- C: drive > Programdata > Intuit > QuickBooks Year and C: drive > Users > YOURUSERNAME > AppData > Roaming > Intuit > YYYY QuickBooks > TS Printer Settings.
- For Windows Server 2003:- C: drive > Documents and Settings > YOURUSERNAME > Application Data > Intuit > QuickBooks YYYY. (*YYYY- denotes the year in which the QuickBooks file is created).
- After this, right-click on the file named QBprint.qbp and then rename it by adding .old at the end of the file name.
- Open the QB file and then go to the File menu followed by the Print Setup option.
- Thereafter, select the Check/PayCheck option ad then click Ok.
Get QB Professionals to fix “Unable To Print Checks in QuickBooks” issue!
We assure you that the above-listed solutions will help you to fix the “Unable to print Checks in QuickBooks” issue. If still, you face any difficulty while fixing the issue, then get in touch with our experts by dialing the Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359.