Once you have decided to hire professional Piano Movers, you will have to do some research to get to the right one. There are many companies who will agree that they can get the job done but not all are up to the mark. When dealing with a luxury item like a piano that not only has a high financial value but is has huge emotional value to you, it is imperative that you hire the best contractor out there. You can check online for the best Piano Movers in your locality.
There are many benefits to hiring piano movers or professionals:
- First, they know how to wrap up the precious item with care and stack it onto a truck or platform wagon tactfully.
- Secondly, piano movers will also inspect your instrument for possible damage before lifting it – something that should be done by any responsible party.
- Thirdly, they come equipped with all the necessary tools and moving equipment. It makes their job easier plus faster as well as safer for them and those around them (including your home).
- Last but not least, professional relocation services are licensed and insured – something you should take into consideration as well.
There is a general or a thumb when dealing with piano movers – the farther their company is located from your area, the more expensive it may be. This makes sense because they have to pay for additional mileage and gas. Charges vary on shifting in localities, countries, and cities.
However, if their branch is near you, this doesn’t mean that they are not going to charge an arm and a leg for moving your piano from A to B location. To save money on moving services, either find a smaller local company with good reviews or agree upon a flat rate with the mover of your choice.
Also check: Moving a grand piano
Why do you need Piano movers?
- Piano movers are important in any relocation process. If your piano cannot be moved by one person, you might have to hire a company that specializes in moving pianos because of the weight and size.
- Piano movers Moving of a precious item such as piano needs skilled labourers, they are high paid labourers. Their services will keep you worry-free, especially when it is the time of shifting from one location to another. This is an expense that will depend on many things, but including distance travelled to the destination, how much time it takes to transport as well as opening hours if necessary as some companies operate strictly within office hours only. In addition, there may be hidden charges such as extra stairs or lifts which you may not be aware of at the time of booking, which can often increase the final cost considerably.
- Therefore, you should always get several quotes for your piano move to ensure that you are paying a fair price. These piano movers have various ways in which they charge their clients depending on distance estimations and other factors. Piano movers also offer different moving plans to help customers budget for any extra costs in advance so there is no surprising news for customers when it comes to payment time.
- Piano movers work efficiently with skilled workers. They are aware of the uses of the equipment and tools also including packing and unpacking of the piano. Working for years and providing services to their clients for years ensures trustworthy service. Their main aim is to move your precious items without any damages.
- Piano movers tend to offer two or three different relocation plans depending on how much time you need, and can often deal with all aspects of the move. They will ensure your piano is safely transported without any damage occurring, as pianos are expensive pieces of furniture that should be treated with the utmost care.
- Piano movers also make sure to fully protect your items before transportation via blankets or cardboard boxes which they wrap around them for extra safety.
How to Choose a Piano Mover:
Holding pianos become difficult as it does not have any handle to hold them tight while uploading. It is the reason that it needs experts rather than regular movers who can handle it without any gripper. Falling off the heavy piano is not only the loss of the expensive instrument. It also hurts the emotional attachment of owners. Hence, it is always better to hire the services of a trained piano mover that can ensure safety.
Here are some important tips that will help you to choose a good Movers agency to ensure safe moving.
- Get references from family and friends: In the first case get recommendations and referrals from your friends and family. In case you are unable to get some references from family and friends, you can get in touch with any of the local. state or national associations of piano movers. You can have a list of quite a few reliable piano movers from these associations. While talking to any of the piano movers, you should ask for references of work.
- Do not agree to sign a blank contract: Avoid a blank contract. It is very important to have everything written on the agreement paper. The estimates of the piano mover, as well as any other extra additional fees, need. To be listed on the paper. Make sure that the dates for pick-up and delivery are in the contact. Go through the agreement, read it properly and ensure that it lists all of your belongings.
- Don’t be excited by low estimates: You must be wary of very low-cost estimates. If any of the piano movers offer a very low estimate, it could be indicative of fraud. The piano mover might be a dishonest or fake one. trying to attract you and then giving you a very high final bill when your move is going to start.
- Know the protection levels: At the time of choosing a piano mover, it is important to understand which options are available from the mover for protecting your items. There are actually two different options are available for doing that.
- Piano Valuation Coverage: It can be obtained automatically when the Bill of piano moving is signed. However, the liability is just 60% per pound per piano and other stuff while transferring items to some other state. Often, the basic coverage of items is not sufficient. And thus, you need to buy additional moving insurance during moving.
- Moving Insurance: You need to be able to get additional moving insurance from all the professional moving companies out there, from them or any third party.
- Go through the paperwork: Last and most important you should go through all the documents handed over to you by the piano movers, before signing the dotted line on the paper. It is important to be mindful of the Bill of Lading – a formal agreement between the moving agency and you.
After the complete packing of the piano loading, shifting it on the truck is a tough job. Here you will need the help of the Piano movers. Who know the technique and the force to use to move it in the vehicles. They are also aware of the equipment essential to move a piano.
Piano movers do not just move physically demanding objects either; movers might relocate filing cabinets, wardrobe doors, office desks, and more in addition to pianos during each job. A piano is a delicate item like a piece of precious amazing art. You cannot treat it like furniture. This means moving a piano from your old home to a new home is not simply packing, loading and unloading. There are necessary precautions that have to be taken and steps that have to be followed. Choosing a professional piano mover company help you to move your piano safely to your destination.