Why is it that we are always asked to keep our immigration documents safe? You are supposed to hold o these valuable papers at all times, as your dearest items. It is because if they go missing, its goodbye to you from the country you want to live and study or work in. In this blog, we will look into the pre-requisites of attaining an immigration status in Canada.
Why Study Visa is required?
This isn’t a visa, it’s a license or a report gave by the Citizen and Immigration (CIC) which permits you to concentrate in Canada. In the event that you hold an investigation grant, you should remain selected and gain sensible and ideal ground towards finishing your course.
Your examination grant is constantly going alongside a guest visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Kindly note that an examination grant is a record that permits you to concentrate in Canada while a guest visa or ETA permits you to enter Canada. Your instructor will help you access the most recent data and associate you with approved movement specialists.
Since you have an organization prepared to concede you, the time has come to apply for the Canada Study Permit. You can apply on the web or visit your neighbourhood visa application focus. Your application should be joined by the acknowledgement letter got in the past advance, your identification, and narrative evidence that you have sufficient accounts to concentrate in Canada.
On the off chance that you have applied to an establishment in the territory of Quebec, you will likewise get, alongside the acknowledgement letter, a “Certificat d’acceptation du Québec” (CAQ). Ensure you remember this record for your investigation grant application.
Be cautious when filling in the application structure and ensure you give precise data upheld narrative proof. Whenever this is done, it is time to face the unbearable stand by until you get your acknowledgement. When you affirm your advantage, the college will send an acknowledgement letter, which assumes a critical part in the customs ahead.
How do the Primary Inspection Kiosks work and where to find them?
To acquire proof of entry, you need to reach out to the border services officer to stamp your passport before you leave Canadian customs. You can make an on-screen declaration and verify your identity using primary inspection kiosks. The CBSA has collaborated with airport authorities to install kiosks, throughout 2018-2019, at Canada’s major airport. These are available at the following locations:
- Calgary International Airport – YYC
- Vancouver International Airport – YVR
- Winnipeg Richardson International Airport – YWG
- Edmonton International Airport – YEG
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport – YTZ
- Montreal-Trudeau International Airport – YUL
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport – YHZ
- Ottawa International Airport – YOW
- Québec City International Airport – YQB
What are the documents you need to show when you meet the border services officer?
- A travel document or valid passport.
- The letter of introduction was sent to you by the visa office upon approval of your study permit. You must note down the permit reference number that this letter has, which is used by Canadian officials to issue your study permit.
- A copy of a valid letter of acceptance from the school you aim to study at.
- Proof of your funds to support your needs during the period of stay in Canada.
- Any other documents, such as letters of reference (professional or academic).
- Candidates who possess a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) must link it to the passport that was employed to apply for your study permit.
- You may also need to disclose your funds. This may include cash, cheques, traveller’s cheques bankers’ drafts, or money orders and securities (debentures, stocks, bonds, or treasury bills) that belong to you.
English Language Requirements
To acquire your Canadian visa, you’ll need to give proof of capability in the English language. This normally implies finishing a protected English language assessment to have the option to demonstrate your correspondence and correspondence abilities.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most well known high-stakes English language capability test for study, work, and relocation, with in excess of 3,000,000 tests required in the previous year. The IELTS results are perceived by in excess of 10,000 associations, including instructive foundations, businesses, proficient affiliations and governments, in 140 nations around the globe.
On the off chance that you need to seek after your college degree in Canada, you require at least 6.0 band in your IELTS with no band under 5.5 and likewise, for a post-advanced education, you need to score 6.5 groups with no band under 6.0.
What’s the bottom line? If any of the information on the letters of reference or application is incorrect or if any of your documents are missing, you will not be allowed inside Canada. For more information, visit our website to check out the complete guide by TSoM professionals.
Also read about: Why you should study in Canada