GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format; it is a type of bitmap image which was initially discovered a couple of ago. Nowadays, GIFs have become a significant part of modern-day conversations. They are used to convey emotions that emoji cannot. Fortunately, due to its immense popularity, there are a ton of tools you can use to make GIFs from video streaming sites like Youtube. Here we’re discussing the best ways to turn YouTube videos into GIFs. You’ll be surprised to see how easy it actually is.
This is the easiest to use tool for making GIFs out of Youtube videos, follow the steps as mentioned below;
1. Find the target YouTube video that you wish to turn into a GIF.
2. Edit the URL in the address bar to add a “gif” before “youtube” (https://gifyoutube.com/xyz)
3. You’ll find the video to be loading in the gifs video editor. Below the video, you will see a pink slider displaying the timeline of the selected video. You can hover over the timeline and then click to pick the desired start-time for your GIF.
4. After picking the start time, you can see the timeline expanding, and a blue highlighted area will be visible in the timeline suggesting the length of your GIF. You can drag either side of the highlighted area to adjust start and end time for the GIF.
5. If you are sure about the exact timestamps of the start and end time of your GIF, you can even manually enter the beginning and end time in the dedicated boxes.
6. You have the functionality to integrate additional elements to your GIF by selecting the options from the left side of your screen. These options include captions, blur, padding, hue, invert, saturation, adding image, reverse, flipping vertical or horizontal e.t.c.
You can also make use of experimental features like Warp- which lets you control the speed of the GIF and Pingpong- which makes the GIF to Loop to and fro.
7. Once you’re done editing the GIF, you need to click on the “Create GIF” button found in the top right of your screen.
8. You’ll be taken to a page where you’ll need to fill in some necessary details about the GIF. You get the option to enter the GIF name, associated tags, whether sound needs to be turned on, or if you want to add or remove the Gifs watermark (you will need to purchase the premium subscription for removing the watermark)
9. Congratulations! You’ve successfully created the new GIF. You’ll get options for sharing the GIF among your friends over social media, copying the link, or downloading the GIF in your local storage.
1. Find the target Youtube video and then copy the URL from the address bar.
2. Go to Giphy GIF maker and then paste the URL there.
3. You’ll see a new screen where you can see the selected video along with an option to trim the video where you’ll need to choose the start time and duration of your GIF and then click “Continue to decorate.”
4. You’ll be taken to the GIF decorator where you have the option to add elements like stickers, captions, filters, etc to the GIF. Once done editing, click on continue to upload.
5. It will take you to a screen where you will need to add info about the created GIF. It includes details like GIF title, tags and an option to make the GIF private or public. After entering the info, click on Upload to Giphy.
6. Your GIF is now created and uploaded on the Giphy website. You can share the GIF on social media or download it to your device storage.
These were two of the easiest ways to turn any YouTube video into GIFs. There are a ton of other tools that let you do so. GIPHY and Gifs are the most commonly used platforms for creating and sharing GIFs. Now express your emotions or make your friends laugh by creating your very own GIFs through these platforms.