Wide format printing is meant for large or grand format printing unlike the regular size that ranges between 8 inches to 11 inches. In fact, some of the printers used in wide format printing can also print up to 18 inches to 100 inches. They are called plotters. These printers use pens that are installed inside the printer to create design on vinyl or paper. This is an old-school printing method that is not only expensive but also time-taking. However, these days due to technological advancement, these printers are made environment-friendly.
This printing method is indeed beneficial for any business. If you’re also planning to go ahead with this, you should find out a few important things that are mentioned in this blog-post by a company offering Wide Format Printing In Charlotte NC.
Important Things to Know About Wide Format Printing
- How the Process Works?: The printing process is similar to digital printing where the press sprays ink directly onto the product. This creates a more seamless printing that ensures high-quality printouts. In fact, from film posters to handing banners, wide format printing is the best bet.
- Which Printers Are Used for This Printing? : Flatbed printers and roll-to-roll printers are usually used for this printing. Also, sometimes a combination of two is also used. When a flatbed printer is used, the substrate will be laid on the bed that will act as a carrier. The UV light will pass through the sheets during the printing turning liquid ink into solid one. On the other hand, banners, canvas and other flexible materials are made using roll-to-roll printers. These printers will roll the material from one side to another.
- What Are the Types of Wide Format Printing? : There are two types of wide format printing and they are- wide format inkjet and wide format laser.
- What Products Are Best for This Printing? :This printing ensures quality work. Hence, a number of products are created using this printing method and they are:
- Point of Purchase (POP displays)
- Tradeshow signage
- Wall-to-floor graphics
- Yard signs
- What Are the Benefits of This Printing? : Wide format printing is highly beneficial for all these reasons and they are:
- Premium quality
- Versatile (can be printed on wood, glass, vinyl, fabric and plastic
- Can print on many substrates
When Are You Choosing Wide Format Printing?
This printing is durable and ensures premium quality printing which may not be possible otherwise. So, what are you waiting for? Seek professionals for this printing method to create advertising displays for your business.Heritage Printing and Graphics is a well-acclaimed printing company who is a pro when it comes to wide format printing and other services. They offer exclusive services at affordable prices. Get in touch with them to find out more.