Electrical insulation tapes seem a very simple product but these PVC insulated tapes play a vital role in maintaining electrical infrastructure and safety. From insulating a wire to marking cables with different colors or sealing loose ends to holding things together, the elastic tape is a simple yet important gadget to carry in your toolbox. In this blog post, we are going to uncover some of the amazing facts about this product. So, let’s start!
What are electrical insulation tapes?
Well, these tapes are made up of Polyvinyl chloride i.e. PVC which makes them ideal to use as a conductor for handling electricity in electrical cables and the vinyl provides the capabilities to elongate the tapes for long-lasting binds. Moreover, these tapes also come in a variety of colors to recognize different wires and cables in case you deal with multiple wires.
Why different colors?
Different colors indicate different meanings. Most of the electricians use black color tape to insulating cables and making connections. Apart from black color tape, red, white, and blue color tapes are used for applications requiring low voltage sheathing. Similarly, Orange, grey, and yellow color tapes are used for high voltage applications. On the other hand, the green color tape universally indicates earth grounding.
Why steelgrip’s electrical insulation tape?
- Steel grip is India’s most trustworthy PVC electrical insulation tape brand.
- These are self-extinguishing fire retardant tapes.
- Provide high TACK capabilities.
- Self-adhesive and durable
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- Effortless to tear and grip strongly
- Temperature resistance
- Low cost and easy availability
- Available in five different colors: black, blue, green, yellow, and red.
Don’t forget to follow these general guidelines:
- Before application, always check the tape strength by wrapping it around your fingers while stretching. The more you tightness the great the quality is.
- Carefully stretch the tape to doubles its size without breaking it. If it regains its size, then it’s a good sign.
- Select the tape color according to the need.
- While wrapping the tape around the cables always half overlap it, as it results in stronger insulation and binding.
- Don’t forget to stretch the tape while wrapping.
- If you are tearing tape with bare hands keep your fingers close together to avoid stretching and wastage before it tears.
- For permanently open connection ends use wire nuts instead of electrical insulation tapes.
Uses of steelgrip’s electrical tapes:
- Securing the loose ends of wires
- Insulating cables
- Bundling things together
- Variety in colors helps us easy to label things
- Used for air-tight sealing and water-tight sealing
Regardless of having various electrical and electronic uses, these tapes can be used for some creative purposes also like-
- Modern abstract painting
- Décor surfaces
- Use to indicate different marks
- General repairing like bi-cycle, broken frames, and more.
In short, this handy product is a must to include in your toolbox because of its versatile and strong nature. You can trust KBG engineering private limited for any assistance.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and share your experience and ideas.