Are you searching for a solution to safeguard the emails in your Gmail accounts? To begin, we must state that you will receive not one or two, but many of the finest ways to backup emails from Gmail. As a result, you can be certain that this platform will be more educational for you, so let’s get started.
However, we must first acknowledge that your decision to backup your Gmail emails is really advantageous and may prevent you from unwanted and uncertain situations. Therefore, you must consider what values you can make by backing up your Gmail account’s emails.
Why is it required to create an email account backup?
- There have been several instances worldwide when an account’s whole data has been taken, and as you could imagine, this is not a difficult feat in today’s society.
- The issue is not limited to data theft, server failure, incorrect internet connection, or insufficient account space; all of these factors contribute to issues that you may meet from time to time, and all of these issues can be fixed only if you backup emails from Gmail.
- Additionally, you may profit from the fact that if you are unable to access your emails via Gmail, you can access them via another platform to which you will store the emails by first backing them up.
As a result, we provide you with the best approach for backing up Gmail emails one by one, based on your unique scenario, which may demand a different strategy. Therefore, have a peek.
Explore the Different Ways to Backup Emails from Gmail.
Your Emails Can Be Drag-and-Dropped
To begin, we must emphasise that this strategy is not appropriate for big volumes of data. Only those with a small number of emails to backup should use this strategy. Therefore, if you have specific emails, please study this technique carefully; if you have a vast quantity of data, you may go to the next best method to backup emails from Gmail.
Therefore, read the entire tutorial to learn what you need to do to secure Gmail emails in this manner.
To download Gmail emails, follow these procedures.
- To begin, sign into your Gmail account on your device.
- Now, access the folder containing the emails you wish to backup.
- Now, access the email on your device that you wish to backup.
- Once the three-dot symbols are shown, click on the download message.
- Once your email has been downloaded, you may open another and repeat the process.
The method’s limitations
- It’s really time consuming, since you must open each email individually to download.
- Because the downloaded email is in the EML format, you will need a suitable application to open it.
- Emails are kept in download folders, where they may become mixed in with other data.
Now, let’s look at another excellent method for backing up Gmail emails.
Using Google’s Takeout, backup your Gmail emails.
This is the second method to backup emails from Gmail in bulk with attachments. We wouldn’t say this is the most popular way. Although this method may save data in bulk, it has several restrictions that you should be aware of.
But first, we must explain how to save all emails from Gmail using Google’s manual option, takeout.
Complete Instructions on How to Save Emails Using Takeout
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com to access your Google account.
- When the Google account welcome page displays, on the left panel, click the “Data & Personalisation” link.
- Scroll down to the section under “Download, delete, or develop a plan for your data.”
- Now, from the drop-down option, choose “Download your data.”
- You must now deselect all other options and just select “Mail.”
- Next, select the frequency, file type, and file size, and then click Create Export.
This is how to backup Gmail emails in bulk from all folders.
Check out the Restrictions of This Technique
- The restriction of this technique is that you must download data from all of your folders, whether you wish to or not.
- Your data is kept in MBOX ZIP format, which you may access until you find a suitable programme.
- Another restriction is that this manual process might take hours or days, giving you access to your data for a longer period of time than planned.
After the second method; we now present you the third approach. So read through it and save Gmail emails with complete folders.
Configuring Gmail with a Different Account
Well, with desktop-based clients, this is achievable. Most system-based client allows you to add several accounts and manage them all from a single platform.
There are just a few email clients that may be used to setup your Gmail account and keep your email safe. If you are unable to access your email using Gmail, you can do so through the system-based account.
As a result, we recommend one of the free e-mail programmes, such as Thunderbird. So, if you like it, you may use this method to backup emails from Gmail.
Configuration of a Gmail Account
The first step is to enable IMAP in your Gmail account (if you haven’t previously).
- First, visit your Gmail account, then click the gear icon to choose Gmail settings.
- Select Enable IMAP under Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Finally, click Save Changes after configuring your IMAP client.
After that, open Thunderbird, input your name, Gmail credentials, and click Continue. Next, activate the checkbox for IMAP and click on Manual configuration. Finally, click Re-test.
Note: Please keep in mind that IMAP will be imap.gmail.com, port: 993. SMTP will be smtp.gmail.com, Port: 465
- After double-checking everything, click Create Account • Your Gmail account has now been added, and you may view your emails.
Hence, this is the third method to backup emails from Gmail.
Limitation of the Method
- If you do not have an account, you must first configure one on your device.
- If you choose to store data from the account, it will be saved in the supported format, and you will be able to retrieve it using the same account or supported application.
Let’s move on to the fourth and last best approach to backup Gmail emails.
Backup Emails from Gmail Automatically on Local or Cloud Servers
The Gmail email backup assistant can overcome the constraints of the previous approach to save Gmail emails.
- Using this method, you may backup emails from Gmail to any cloud servers.
- With this method, you can save emails to any email file or document file.
- With this, you can secure all of the Gmail folders at the same time in single process.
- You may select which folders to save your emails and attachments to.
- You will be able to select the platform on which you wish to preserve your Gmail data.
Yes, unlike the previous way, this programme not only allows you to save emails in MBOX format, but it also provides you with information about various platforms.
As you can see, this method of backing up all of Gmail’s emails in bulk is all-in-one since it provides you with several alternatives for saving data.
Now, let’s go through how to backup emails from Gmail to you. So go ahead and read it.
Using an Automated Approach to Save Gmail Data
- Download and install and Run the approach.
- Click the Open tab and choose Add Account.
- Enter your Gmail login information and then click the Add button.
- Click the Export tab and then choose the saving option.
- After selecting the storage option, click Save button
So, those are the many options for backing up emails from Gmail in bulk. You can select one of them based on your research.
We’ve offered you numerous options to backup emails from Gmail. One of them works better for individual emails, while the other works best for bulk saves. You can select one of these based on your requirements.
Read More Articles on.