A big screen always gives a better view and a fantastic experience. This is why casting a screen has become popular. Chromecast has been in the market for a decade. Since then, a lot has changed within the audience and the market. There are more options available for the customers to choose their cast screen.
Cast screens like Amazon’s Fire TV Stick, Now TV Smart Stick, and Roku Streaming Stick are some latest devices that are gaining popularity in this field. However, Chromecast is also updating itself. The latest 3rd generation Chromecast is much more user-friendly and cost-effective. So if you are a gaming lover, or a frequent movie watcher or a series audience, this article is for you. In this article, we are going to discuss some great Chromecast apps which will change your whole experience of watching. There will be several options, and you can easily find the best-suited app for you. So stick to the end.
Google Home is a handy Chromecast itself. It is available for both iOS and Android sets. The most wonderful thing about Google Home is it is free of cost; the user can have a fantastic watching experience without spending a penny. Google Home app was initially known as Chromecast and has updated its features, which now provides its user with a different and amazing experience. The user can connect multiple devices from one Chromecast device and enjoy watching it on a big screen. So if one wants an app that is readily available and is pocket friendly, then Google Home is the perfect option for them.
Setting up Google Chromecast:
- Open the Chromecast and connect it with your TV. Using the USB, connect the Chromecast with the adapter. Or one can connect it with the TV if the TV has a connecting slot.
- If it is well connected, the Chromecast will automatically light up. Then ‘Turn up’ the TV and change the settings.
- Ensure to download the Google Home app from Google Play Store for Android devices and Apple Store for the iOS devices. Once downloaded Google Home, click on the ‘Device’ icon on the upper right-hand corner.
- Click ‘OK’ to proceed. Then simultaneously follow the rest of the steps, including ‘Unique Code’ and ‘General settings’, then you are good to use the Chromecast efficiently.
Netflix is the best Chromecast app among the list. The user can use it on both iOS and Android devices. The app is free on both platforms, although one needs to have a subscription to stream the content. The subscription plan starts with $8.99/ month. Netflix is very user-friendly and has a readily available interface. The users have to click on the ‘cast’ option, and they can cast the screen of mobile or any devices easily. Netflix offers hundreds of shows and content; any user must opt for Netflix as the first option.
Setting up Netflix:
- Make sure your Chromecast device and the TV is connected with your Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Netflix app on your iOS and Android device, or open Netflix on Google Chrome browser if you are using a laptop.
- Look for the Cast icon on your screen. Click on that icon. Select the Chromecast device and launch it on your smart TV. Once you have successfully launched it, you can easily access all the shows on your TV.
HBO Now and HBO Go
HBO Now and HBO Go are two apps that are supported in both iOS and Android devices. HBO Now is free, but one needs to buy the monthly subscription to access its content. The subscription service starts from $15/ month. It is one of the best compatible Chromecast streaming apps. One can have access to fantastic shows like Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley on HBO Now without actually buying the whole premium cable package. Although the user needs a cable subscription to use HBO Go.
Setting up HBO Go
- Ensure that the device you are using to cast the screen, handset, smart TV, or laptop, should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then open the Google Home app in the device. Then open the device from which you want to cast the screen.
- Search for the option ‘Cast’ on your Chromecast device. Please tap on the option to cast the screen, and once you click on it, the screen will be successfully cast.
- The display will be open on the smart TV. Then open HBO Go and start streaming.
YouTube and YouTube TV
YouTube is another most straightforward and amazing Chromecast in this list. It is also available for both iOS and Android sets. Users can use YouTube for free and can download all the content of the platform without paying a penny. However, YouTube TV costs $35/ month. It has a straightforward interface, which provides its users with a fantastic experience and secure handling. So basically if you find some incredible content and want to enjoy it on a bigger screen, it will only take some fraction of minutes to cast it to your TV.
When users want to watch some TV, YouTube provides them with YouTube TV. Just like PlayStation Vue, YouTube allows you to watch cable TV without any cable setup. So if anyone is looking for a suitable entertainment mode, YouTube is serving great to them, and if someone is willing to spend little money, YouTube has YouTube TV for them.
Setting up YouTube:
- Ensure your Cast screen and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the YouTube app on your phones or YouTube.com website on your PC.
- Search for the cast button, tap on the ‘Cast’ option to Cast the screen. Tap on the device on which you want to cast the screen and tap ‘Play’ to stream the contents.
Google Play Music
Google Play Music is a good music player. It can be used on both iOS and Android phones. The users can download the app for free, but if they want to stream music on-demand, then they need to get a subscription of $10/ month.
Google Play Music is straightforward to use and operate. It has a user-friendly interface that provides a fantastic experience to its consumers. So if one is a music lover and wants an easy to use and the readily available app, then he/she must go for Google Play Music.
Source : Chrome cast Apps for Streaming