An email is an important form of communication, and everyone needs one in their professional work environment. Imagine you have a working SBCGlobal email account that you’re using for a long time, and suddenly you’re not able to login to your account with the username and password combo. It can be traumatizing as your work depends on that email account. A hacked email account is your worst nightmare, as you wouldn’t know how it happened.
Well, don’t need to panic so early, every bad situation comes along with a good one. So, it is possible to recover hacked SBCGlobal account with ease. But first, we must look at the signs that will tell you about the hacked or compromised account. With these details, you will be able to deal with the situation without any trouble.
How to Spot a Hacked Email Account
If your account is hacked, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to login to it. Often hackers want their victims to know that they have been hacked and what you would do about it. That’s why you might not be able to differentiate between a hacked account and a regular account.
However, you can look for these signs if you have the suspicion of hacking on your account.
- Password reset emails in the inbox – You can check if there are password reset emails in your inbox. You receive an email once the password is reset for your account. So, you need to take a thorough look at these types of emails.
- Check Sent Folder – You must check the sent folder and look for anomalies, such as emails that you haven’t sent. If you see any strange emails in that folder, then it means that someone else is using your account.
- Unusual Activities – If you start receiving emails that you don’t remember subscribing to, then it means your account is compromised. You may also receive complaints from your contacts about emails sent from your account without your knowledge. It means someone else is using your account to sent phishing emails to your contacts.
- Unusual IP Address – You have to look for the last five logins of your account in the settings menu and check if there is any unusual IP address in there. If you don’t recognize a device or an IP address, that means someone is using your email address.
- Unable to log in – The most obvious sign for hacking is when you aren’t able to login to your account even after entering the right password. Hackers often change the password for ones’ account after breaking it.
Best Method to Recover hacked SBCGlobal Email Account
The best way to recover your hacked SBCGlobal email account is by resetting the password of the account. And these steps will show you how to reset the password of the SBCGlobal account. You can also use these steps if you forgot the SBCGlobal account password.
- Go to att.com and click on the Account and then Sign In link to open the login page.
- Now, you have to click on the Forgot Password link located right below the password field.
- After that, you’ll have to provide your full email address and click the Next button.
- Then, you need to choose a method for recovery of the password. You can either choose alternate email ID, mobile number, or security questions for recovering the password.
- Select one option and hit the Next or Continue button to proceed.
- Now, you have to check your email or messages to get the verification code and enter it into the verify box located on the att page.
- If you’ve chosen to answer the security questions, answer them, and hit the Continue button.
- Now, you will see a screen where you can create a new password. Please enter the new password and confirm it, then Hit Save Changes button to proceed.
Now, your account password has been reset, and you can log in with the new password. One more thing, to protect your account from hackers, you have to change your password regularly and make sure that you are choosing a strong password.
So, it would be best if you learned the ways to protect your account from hackers. If you are looking for more information on email hacking and other topics, you can visit here for that.