Screen time is considered as the time that we spend on our devices. And let’s face it, in this present time, we all spend a lot of time using our devices for different purposes. Undeniably, smart gadgets have made our life a lot easier, and there is nothing that we can’t do with these smart devices. But, somehow, we have become addicted to them. And of course, most of the people do not realize this fact. But it’s essential to know how much time you spend on your smartphones and computers. And this is essential, especially for the kids. These days even the kids use smartphones and computers most frequently, and this can affect their well being badly. So, the question here is how to check how much time we spend on our devices. Is there any way to monitor screen time? It is a pretty common question that arrives in every person’s mind.
Do you also want to know how much time you and your loved ones spend on your devices? Want to know if you can monitor it or not? Fortunately, there is a way to do that. You can easily track your screen time. And if you want to know how to do that, then here, this article will tell you how to monitor your screen time. In this report, we have mentioned the ways through which anyone can measure their screen time. So, to get the techniques, please read the complete article.
The Methods to Measure Screen Time on Android
We live in a generation where our life runs on the smartphone and computers. These devices are entirely reliable and provide us with an excellent experience. But, we must limit our screen time. And that is possible only by measuring it. Well, there are various ways to monitor the time that we spend on our Android devices. One of them is by using the built-in tools, and another is by using any third-party apps. There are various third-party apps that you can install on your Android devices to measure the screen time. Here, we are going to discuss the two main methods of doing this. So, now, let’s see what you need to do to check the screen time on your Android devices.
Using the Digital Wellbeing Feature of Android Devices to Monitor Screen Time
Digital Wellbeing is a fantastic feature that you can find on any Android devices. With this inbuilt tool, anyone can easily find out how much time they spend on their device. Here’s how you can enable it on your Android devices:
- Open the “Settings” of your Android device.
- Now, scroll through your screen and tap on the option of “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls”.
- After this, select the “Show Your Data” option.
- And then, after reaching the next screen, tap on the three-dotted icon that you can see at the top right corner of your device screen.
- And now, go through the “Manage Your Data” option from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle the button that you can see beside the “Daily Device Usage” option. And this is it. You have successfully enabled the feature of Digital Wellbeing on your Android device.
This was the first method that can help you to monitor and limit your screen time. Another way is to install third-party apps on your Android device. There are a lot of options available for that. You can easily download any app from the Google Play Store. Doing this is much simpler.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- In the search bar given at the top of your screen, type the name of the app, and tap on the Search button. Some of the great apps for this purpose are “Your Hour”, “Less Phone”, “Quality Time” and many others.
- And now, after reaching the app screen, tap on the option of “Install” to download the application. That’s all. Now, you can check the screen time on your Android device with the app that you just have downloaded.
So, this is how anyone can monitor their screen time for their Android devices. These are the most straightforward methods that will not take much of your time. Go on and try any of these procedures now. And let us know what you think about these methods. And for more details like this, stay tuned with us and visit our website.
I’m Anny. I’m a social media manager living in USA. I am a fan of technology, design, and music. I’m also interested in fitness and movies. You can attend my event with a click on the button above.