Kegel exercises for Erectile Dysfunction are the best exercise to cure ED. It helps to strengthen the muscles and bones of the pelvic areas. Pelvic floor muscles assist in performing day-to-day activities like sitting, walking, standing, and even peeing. Pelvic floor muscles, scientifically known as pubococcygeus, support the bladder and the rectum. Proper functioning of pelvic floor muscles ensures overall good health.
The guide of Kegel exercise for Erectile Dysfunction by the best andrologist in India, Dr. Chirag Bhandari, can naturally help you overcome Erectile dysfunction.
A Brief About Kegel Exercise for Erectile Dysfunction
The Kegel exercise got its name from renowned gynecologist of America Sir Arnold H.Kegel. He strongly advocated that it is not necessary to do only surgeries to treat ED. Instead, following the exercise regime can help in strengthening pelvic muscles and cure mild ED naturally.
He also invented an instrument kegel perineometer to measure the strength of pelvic floor muscles. Perimeter is a simple, affordable, and invasive device, primarily used to check vagina responses to contraction made in pelvic floor muscles.
With Kegel’s help, men can improve the ability to contract their pelvic floor muscles and increase blood flow to the groin. When there is proper flow in the groin, erection naturally happens and even lasts longer.
Contracting the pelvic floor muscles is similar to putting conscious force in controlling the sensation to urinate. Maintaining the contraction for a few moments and then releasing the muscle is primarily done in kegel exercises. Kegel exercise, also known as pelvic floor exercises, is the best exercise to strengthen pelvic bones. Anybody can do the pelvic floor exercise at any point of the day and in any posture. We can perform Kegel exercises while standing, sitting, or even lying down on the floor.
When you visit a sexologist for Ed’s problems, they initially try to diagnose the problems’ intensity. In case of mild ED problems, they may help you with a food diet to cure ED or recommend Kegel exercise to strengthen the pelvic muscles. And in case of extreme cases of ED problems, surgery or therapies are the best treatment.
Kegel exercise helps to cure Ed’s issue and can also help other sexual problems like wet dreams, premature ejaculation, nightfall treatment, dhat syndrome, and pain in ejaculation. The daily routine of Kegel exercise ensures proper blood flow and strong structure in the pelvic region.
How to do Kegels Exercises
Posture while doing Kegel exercises for Erectile Dysfunction:
- Kegel exercise can be done on the knees.
- Kegel exercise can be done standing up
- Kegel exercise can be done lying on the back
- Kegel exercise can be done lying on the stomach
Step by Step Guide to doing Kegel exercises
Kegel exercises can be performed regularly. It is not necessarily to be done only after being diagnosed by the ED. Both men and women can do it to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. Here’s a step-by-step guide for doing the Kegel exercises:
- Once you are in your comfortable position, identify your pelvic muscles.
- Engage your pelvic floor muscles for three to five seconds.
- Then rest pelvic floor muscles for the same period of time
- Continue the same set 10 times.
Though these exercises look simple, few might find difficulty in holding the contraction. In the beginning, hold the contraction for 5 seconds and then increase it to 10-15-30 seconds gradually.
Doing 10 sets of kegel exercise three times a day and holding it for 30 seconds every time is the ideal time of doing kegel.
Kegel exercise is one of the most flexible forms of doing exercise. You can contract and relax your pelvic muscles even while brushing, cleaning, cooking, or sitting on your office chair.
Benefits of Kegel exercises for Erectile Dysfunction
Kegel Exercises have helped many with Erectile Dysfunction problems. Kegels exercises help maintain adequate blood flow and strong pelvic muscles, thus enabling a normal erection. A journal in Progres en Urologie quoted a study done in 2017 that Kegels play a role in treating erectile dysfunction.
- Kegel exercises help in increasing the blood flow to the groin
- It helps in maintaining erections.
- It helps in strengthening the muscles and improves sexual functioning like erections, ejaculations, and orgasm.
- It improves heart rate, PCSA, and Neural drive and enables us to perform better.
- Kegels help prevents prostate surgeries and are also recommended as post-therapy to recover the surgeries.
Things to Take Care of while Doing Kegel
” Too much of anything can be dangerous.”
Doing too much Kegel exercise can also be harmful. A daily 10 set of Kegels exercises thrice a day is sufficient. Doing more than that can eventually result in some adverse effects. There are few things needed to take care of while doing Kegel.
- Try not to squeeze the buttocks and thighs too tightly.
- Try to relax pelvic bones while performing Kegel exercises.
- Make sure you make the right half bridge cat and cow pose. These two poses form the base of kegel exercise. If not done correctly, they can hamper health.
- Make sure you inhale and exhale while contracting and reading the pelvic floor muscles.
- If you feel pain in the stomach or abdominal area, immediately consult with the andrologists.
Not only Kegel Exercises but erection dysfunction can also be solved naturally by taking a proper food diet. Mediterranean diet is best suited to cure erectile dysfunction. Exercising a complete regimen that includes kegel, pilates, and aerobics can help you lose weight and build endurance in your lower body.
Some more question on Kegel exercise for Erectile Dysfunction
Q. How to identify the pelvic floor muscles while doing kegel?
A.Identifying pelvic muscles is essential before starting kegel exercises. You can locate pelvic muscles quickly in two ways:
- Start urinating and stop in between; Start again. The muscles that reflexes are your pelvic floor muscles.
- The other way is mocking a fart. The muscles that contract while releasing gas are your pelvic floor muscles.
Q. How many calories are burnt while doing kegel?
A.Kegel Exercises are stretching exercises that only tone your muscles. You burnt very few calories while doing kegel.