Canon Pixma MX490 is an inkjet All-in-One Printer that works with Windows and Mac devices. In order to use the printing services, you need to complete Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup for your device. The setup process is ready simple and once you have successfully completed the setup, you can enjoy the various features mentioned below:
- An Automatic Document Feeder.
- WiFi Networking.
- Built-in Faxing.
- Cloud-based printing with Google Print and Airprint functionality.
- My Image Garden Software.
So, if you have recently purchased a new Canon MX490 printer and Confused how to complete the printer setup process, read this post. Here we are going to share the simple step-by-step guidelines that can help you to complete Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup for your device. So let’s proceed further and know about the setup process.
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup: Guidelines To Follow
- Check and make sure that router setup has been completed correctly, and there should be no network issue. Also, you need to make sure that Network and system are properly connected to proceed further without any trouble.
- Make sure that you have properly plugged in the Canon MX490 printer in the power outlet and your printer is turned on. You can see the green LED on your device indicating that your printer is turned on.
- If the blank display screen is appearing after you turn on the printer then proceed further and press the ‘Copy’ button present at the bottom right corner of ‘Four Button’ panel.
- From the Wireless LAN Setup list options on the panel, you need to click on the ok button and it will start looking for the different modes available. Click on the ‘Stop’ button once Wireless LAN Setup appears on your screen.
- Scroll through the different available options and then hit the Ok button.
- Once you have chosen the Cables-less setup, move to the next step.
- Install the printer software visiting canon.com/ijsetup MX490.
- After installing the printer software, choose your language, country and the printer model number. You can find it on the web page of canon.com/ijsetup MX490 for Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup on your device.
- Select your device operating system and folder where you would like to download the ‘Driver Files’. Once you have completed the downloading process, you need to run the file and setup by click on the Next option.
- Choose ‘Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Connection’ method as the WiFi LAN Connection printer and choose ‘Connect via Wireless Router’ option.
- The printer software will start looking for the printer already connected to the network. Make sure that your device is turned on.
- Once you click on the Next button, the printer setup guide will be installed on your device. In the Cableless submenu, click on the ‘Next’ button. You may lose the network connection for a while, but soon it will be connected.
- The installation process will begin once the network is restored. To begin the procedure, click on the licence agreement and proceed further with the step.
- Once you have done the printer installation, complete page alignment setup and the registration survey. You can also skip the registration survey option.
- Print a test page to make sure that your printer is working fine.
So, these are the simple steps that can help you to complete the Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup for your device. All the mentioned guidelines are pretty simple and easy to follow. But, if you still have a doubt, or there is any other obstacle in the setup process, you can contact the experts and get professional help to complete the printer setup for your Canon device.