Once you have purchased a new Amazon Alexa device, you cannot wait to use it. This device comes with amazing features and shares a smart living experience with the users. It is very easy to connect alexa to wifi. In this post, we are going to demonstrate the entire process of how a user can connect their Alexa device to the Wi-Fi network. This process takes only a few minutes, also the users from non-technical backgrounds can easily complete the task just with simple guidelines.
So let’s proceed further and learn the steps to complete the Alexa WiFi Setup.
Connect Alexa to Wi-Fi: Step by Step Guidelines
• Plugin your Alexa-enabled device to the electric outlet and download the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone device. To download the application, you can visit Google Play Store or Apple Store. If you are using the computer or laptop, you can visit the alexa.amazon.com for the Alexa app. Here are the steps to follow:
• Login to your Alexa app using the Amazon username and password.
•Once you are successfully signed in, click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
• Select the name associated with your Amazon account from the given list. If you want to use the other name, you can simply click on ‘ I am someone else’ button for the new user.
• In the next, Alexa will ask you to provide Amazon with access to your notifications and contact details. You can even choose to allow access or deny it depending upon your preferences. Let’s take an example: if you want to make calls using your Alexa-enabled device, you have to provide access to your contacts.
•Click on the ‘Menu’ button, you can find the button present in the upper left corner. From the drop-down list, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
•Now, you will be able to see the ‘Add Device’ option. Choose the preferred device from the list given.
•When your Alexa device is plugged in, press and hold the ‘Action’ button to turn on the device. If you have Amazon Echo device, the blue ring light on the device will start to blink and after a while, it will turn to orange.
• Click the continue button to make sure that your device is ready to use.
• Now the Alexa application will ask you to connect your device to the Wi-Fi network. Proceed with the on-screen guidelines to choose the custom-named Amazon network.
• Once you have successfully connected the application to the Wi-Fi network you will get a notification.
• Every time you connect your Alexa enabled device to the Wi-Fi network, you just need to tap on the custom-named Amazon network from the list of networks provided in your application. You are supposed to enter the password when prompted to connect to the Wi-Fi.
• After establishing the successful Wi-Fi connection, you will receive a message saying that your device is now online.
So these are the simple steps that can help you to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi without any hassle. The mentioned instructions are simple and easy to follow for completing the Alexa Wi-Fi setup. But, if you are still unable to do the task on your own or there is any other technical query hampering your experience, we recommend you contact the experts and get the professional advice to complete the task. The experts can give you the best advice and make sure that nothing compromises is your Alexa experience.