Apple Watch comes with a Maps app that helps you explore your surroundings and get directions. Apple Watch runs on watchOS. If you want to use the Map app directly on your Watch and wish to locate places and directions, you can do so by following these instructions:
Getting Directions on Apple Watch
One of the easiest methods to get started with the Maps app directly on your Apple Watch is asking the voice assistant to search the desired location quickly. For instance, you have to say “Where is the nearest petrol pump?” if you wish to get the nearest petrol pump’s results. If you wish to get the particular information by launching the app manually, then follow these instructions:
- Hit the Digital Crown located on your Apple Watch.
- Then, hit the Maps app there.
- You can use several options to search locations quickly:
Users may easily search for a location that is close to places on the Maps app. To do so, pursue these instructions:
- Reach the main Maps app display.
- Then, press the location option.
- Now, search for the desired location. You have to type the correct entry that you wish to search for.
- Now, hard tap on the particular region.
- Hit the Search Here option.
- Next, you will be asked to find places near your location.
By Using Favorites or Collection
Apple released a new feature, “Favorites and Collection,” for its Maps app running on iOS 13 and watchOS 6 or above. The directions are available directly from the primary Maps app page in Apple wearable devices. In case you wish to use Collection and Favorites option, follow these instructions:
- First of all, reach the main Maps screen and hit the location you wish to use. These options will be available just under the section of Favorites and Collection.
- Now, hit the suggested route for detecting and searching places.
- Next, you have to press the menu option to see the overview of your journey. You may use turns, street names, the distance between turns, etc.
- Then, you will get the desired directions.
Apple offers various dynamic features in its devices and applications. In case you are using watch OS 6 or above, then you will get several attractive features in the Maps app on Apple Watch. It is a handy app to locate a particular spot, store, restaurant, and more. On Apple Watch, you can check or locate directions based on various customization options. You can easily use these features to reach your destination quickly.
Source : Get Directions on Apple Watch