Printers have undergone a massive transition. Modern-day printers are no longer bulky, and they come equipped with state-of-the-art features. However, like other pieces of equipment, printers also have their own set of problems. Sometimes, they malfunction or showcase errors. If your printer is printing blank pages, then read on and learn how to fix it.
Reboot the Printer
Follow the steps given below:
- You should hold the Power key on the printer to turn it off.
- After that, detach the power cord of the printer, and wait for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Then connect the power cord again to the power outlet
- Now, reboot the printer and attempt to print a page.
Check the Ink Cartridges
If the ink cartridge is not properly installed or is empty, then your printer may print blank pages. Hence, you need to reinstall the cartridge and also check if it has ink.
Update the Printer Driver
Outdated printer drivers can be a reason behind several printer issues. Hence, you need to update your printer drivers to the latest version.
Run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Windows search.
- Thereafter, input ‘troubleshooting’ into it and select the OK button.
- Then click on the Troubleshooting option.
- Go to the ‘Use a printer’ option.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- After that, you have to wait for the system to recognize the printer problem automatically and then pursue the steps to solve it.
Configure the Printer Spooler Service
Follow the directions mentioned below.
- Go to windows search.
- Then select the Services option.
- Choose Printer Spooler and twice click on it.
- After that, hit the Stop button and choose the OK option.
- Launch the “Windows File Explorer’ by pressing the Windows and E keys.
- Navigate to ‘C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS’ and remove each file in this folder.
- Hold the Windows key to launch the Search section and input ‘Services’ into it.
- Double-click on Print spooler.
- Later, hit the Start button and change the start type to Automatic.
- Click on the OK button.
We are hopeful that the solutions mentioned above will help you fix the printer is printing black pages issue.