Microsoft’s Outlook application is available for both Windows and Mac. Microsoft Office Outlook 2011 for Mac is quite similar to Microsoft Office Outlook for Windows. The data files utilized by these programs to hold mailbox data are the only distinction. You’re probably familiar with PST, or personal storage table, which is a Windows Outlook data file. But do you know what format the mailbox data in Outlook for Mac is saved in? The answer is an OLM (Outlook for Mac) file, which is where Outlook for Mac stores your mailbox data, and helps in OLM to PST Conversion.
Always remember that an OLM file cannot be opened in any version of Windows Outlook. It only works with PST and MSG files. Importing or exporting OLM files directly into Windows Outlook is also not advised. Importing the OLM file from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook incorrectly might cause serious damage to the file, rendering it unusable or corrupt.
Why OLM to PST Conversion is required?
Let’s look at why people convert OLM to PST before we talk about how to do OLM to PST conversion. I’m referring to the reason why we need to import OLM into Windows Outlook.
- You used to use Outlook for Mac, but now you use Outlook for Windows. In Windows Outlook, you must use OLM files. What are your plans?
- You might also get an OLM file from a friend or a client. You, on the other hand, are using Windows Outlook. Because you don’t have Outlook for Mac, you can’t see the file’s content or information.
Outlook for Mac to Outlook for Windows
There could be any number of reasons for converting OLM to PST. A professional OLM Converter tool is always the best solution. It can effectively convert OLM to PST format, allowing you to access the contents of your previous mailbox with ease. OLM to PST Converter is a commercial-ware program, which means you must buy a license to use it. However, if you want a free solution, try an easy DIY method that doesn’t require the use of a third-party tool. Even if there’s no guarantee that the trick will work for you, there’s no harm in giving it a shot. I’ve broken down the entire trick into five parts:
IMAP Email Account Setup
Creating or setting up an IMAP account is quite simple, requiring only three basic steps. For creating or setting up an IMAP Mail account, Gmail is the best alternative. As a result, you can begin this process by creating a Gmail account. After you’ve created an account, simply log in and follow the steps below:
Step 1: On the right side, at the top, click the Gear button.
To access the settings page, click Settings.
Step 2: At the top of the settings page, select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
Step 3: Verify your IMAP account status. If it’s turned off, turn it on. Define other options as well.
Then, after you’re finished, click the Save Changes button.
Note: Unchecked the Specify automatically option if you wish to manually configure the account settings.
Step 4: The IMAP mail account will be successfully added, and your IMAP mail account will appear on the Mail tab.
Make a Label in Gmail
After that, you must create a Gmail label in order to sync it with Mac Outlook. Simply follow the instructions outlined below to accomplish this:
- Go to your Gmail account and log in.
- On the right side, at the top, click the Gear button. To access the settings page, click Settings.
- At the top of the Settings screen, select the Labels tab. Now select Create new label from the drop-down menu.
- Type a new label name in the New Label dialogue box. Then press the Create button.
- Note: Double-check that the label is visible and that the Show in IMAP box is ticked.
- Next, open Mac Outlook and click the Send/Receive icon to update the IMAP mailbox.
Emails can be moved from Mac Outlook to an IMAP Mailbox.
It is the key portion of this process that moves or transfers your emails and other mailbox data from an OLM file to your IMAP mailbox. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Open Outlook for Mac on your computer.
- Right-click any mailbox item you want to move and select “Move.” To copy something to a folder, go to Move > Copy to Folder.
- Paste the name of your IMAP folder into the box and click Copy.
- After copying the specified mailbox data to an IMAP mailbox, click the Send/Receive button on your Mac Outlook IMAP folder to update it. You can simply update it by refreshing the Gmail folder.
All of the copied emails and other mailbox data have now been synchronized to the IMAP mailbox folder, as you can see. All of the emails and other mailbox data from the IMAP mailbox folder must be transferred to Windows Outlook. The same IMAP Mail account must be configured in Windows Outlook. Drag the contents of your IMAP mailbox folder to the Windows Outlook Inbox Folder.
- This approach is a little hazardous (make a backup of your OLM files before using it);
- Time-consuming; necessitates a high level of technical understanding;
- If the OLM files are corrupt, it is ineffective; and so on.
These are some of the most prevalent disadvantages of using this manual method to import OLM into Outlook. Another tool you can use here is a professional OLM Converter tool to convert OLM to PST format.
OLM to PST Converter for Professionals
To import OLM to the Outlook clients, SysInfoTools Software offers the finest OLM Converter program. To use this software, you don’t need any prior technical knowledge. It is use by anyone, whether they are tech-savvy or not. It can successfully convert OLM files to PST files without affecting the original mailbox content. After a successful OLM to PST conversion, even the original OLM files are preserved. This tool, unlike the manual method, can convert OLM files even if they are corrupt. You can save the content of OLM files in MBOX, EML, and MSG formats in addition to PST.
Overall, if you want to convert OLM to PST file format, this software is the best option. You should download the software’s demo version for free evaluation before purchasing it.
Features of the OLM to PST Converter
- The procedure of migrating is simple and quick
- delivering precise outcomes
- enables the conversion of a subset of OLM files
- a user-defined place that transfers files to save.
- user-friendly software that anyone may use
- Before converting, generate a preview to double-check the specifics.
- provides a free trial version for evaluating its capabilities.
- A technical team is accessible to assist users 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
By utilizing this software, the user can effortlessly and quickly export OLM Files into PST without encountering any difficulties. The user may not always be able to access all of the data included in OLM files. It’s exclusively connect to Mac Outlook. However, there is an issue with this: most people prefer MS Outlook to Mac Outlook. MS Outlook allowed the majority of individuals to connect quickly. Also, OLM files can be easily opened in Mac OS, but not in Windows OS. This is the primary motivation for switching from Outlook for Mac to Outlook for Windows. You must use the demo version of the software in order to evaluate its overall performance and capabilities. You won’t have to pay anything and it’s quite simple to use.
For More Information Visit Here:- https://www.systoolsgroup.com/olm-to-pst.html