Nobody wants to go for massive renovations. We are always searching for easy ideas to revive our home decor in a cost-effective manner. The rugs can prove to be the best choice for making a significant impact in your space. Rugs are the “unsung hero” which can provide comfort and style to your living space. The right rug can help you in setting the tone, softening the mood of any room while adding hues and patterns.
These “undisputed protagonists of style” come in an endless number of colors, materials, designs, and textures. And finding the right outdoor rug which is stout enough to withstand years of foot traffic may seem to be difficult. Still, the hunt is worth every penny as it will bring beauty and originality to your entire space.
When any outsiders enter your dwelling, the first impression that is created in their minds is the affection towards the look and texture of your house. With a rug underneath their feet, the guests are awestruck by the appealing interiors of your home upon entering your house.
How a Rug Can Transform an Ambiance
- A devotional rug turns the ambiance peaceful. This makes devotees lay the rugs in their holy places.
- Rugs also safeguard us from many accidents. For example, it protects a baby from getting hurt while he/she is playing on the floor. Also, it prevents slippage and major injuries.
- A rug not only enhances the beauty of the house but also protects the floor from scratches made by furniture.
They create a peaceful, relaxing, and warm ambiance. When you select these rugs on the basis of different spaces, they add a different kind of aura to your place. The accomplishment of selecting a setup of rugs in your house can be done in many ways. You can select rugs on the basis of the size and shape of the room. If your room is rectangular or any other shape, you can implement a variety of rugs according to that. Also, you can select rugs UK according to the color of your wall.
So precisely, there are a few things which should be considered before buying them to obtain the best possible results.
- Size – It is important to consider the proportions of the rug, so it fits the room.
- Comfort – Make sure the rug feels good underfoot.
- Color – The rug looks best if it complements the wall color and furniture placement.
- Care and Maintenance – Some rugs require a lot of care. Therefore, you should check the cleaning and maintenance options of the rug you intend to buy.
Rug Ideas for Living Room
- A striped rug adds instant sophistication to any living space.
- A rug when coupled with the sofa makes your living room welcoming to your guests.
- Decorating your living room with a traditional indoor rug gives a modern vibe to your living room.
- Float your furniture around the rug rather than pushing everything against its edges.
Rug Ideas for Kitchen
- Choose a rug with a style that pairs well with your existing flooring and cabinetry to get an amazing feeling.
- A long, narrow runner rug is a good choice for a smaller kitchen with less space.
- You must consider placing a rug under your kitchen table if you have an eat-in kitchen or an open floor plan.
- If your kitchen is dark, use a light or neutral rug to brighten it up.
Rug Ideas for Dining room
- A large area rug that can easily accommodate the entire dining area will bring fresh energy into the dining room.
- A cream rug into the dark wooden floor creates stunning results.
- When picking out the right rug for your dining room, go with neutral colors.
Rug Ideas for Bedroom
- A white rug is a perfect rug for a light and airy room
- A cream rug is a classic and cozy rug for a bedroom.
- Dark, rich colors in rugs will have a mesmerizing effect against the white walls.
Choosing a Rug
A well-chosen living room rug is just the thing you need to tie your space together. Also, they are an excellent insulator and thus reduce the heating bills. They feel soft and comfortable underfoot. And, when it comes to style, they add a whole layer of personality to a living room.
When you’re up to renovating the house setting for an optimized output, a single rug can transform the complete look and aura of different spaces of your home. For instance, when you need to inject your living room with a more subtle tone using aesthetic objects for an eye-pleasing experience, even a small rug can make quite a statement. Yes, we are not joking!
Although, it may seem simple, but the search for unique rugs is a tedious task for many and in order to find the right fit they either spend time surfing on the internet or burn a hole in their pockets via consulting big interior designers. If you’re still figuring a way to lure new ideas for home decor –
Look no further, just scroll down!
- First Impression is the last impression:
With the festive season around the corner, everyone is gearing up their home decor preparations. Hence, it is significant to have an eye for detail, such as choosing a pretty rug for the living room space and the entrance spots. A soft and comfortable rug will definitely help you create that first impression on your guests or family.
- Look for these signs:
One of the vital signs that one must look for while choosing a rug for their living room is to eye for a classical, vintage or luxury design. It will not only add that royal touch to your house but will also turn a monotonous setting into a more contemporary modern approach.
- Upgrade your rugs from time-to-time:
As the saying goes, “As we evolve, our homes should too” – It is pivotal to keep updating your rugs with time. For instance, the rug which once felt soft and comfortable under your feet will not always remain the same, and therefore it is better to spend a little on its maintenance than feeling awkward in front of guests or friends.
- Choose color over pattern:
Always remember that color is more important than pattern. Nowadays, most of the rug styles follow a neutral tone.
- Gather a measuring tape:
A better way to enhance the look of your living room is by selecting a perfect size rug. Experts advise to measure the size of the sitting area you want your new rug to fit in. It must be large enough to cover the conversational space in the living room, sprawling closely to the legs of the sofa or chairs to soften the edges.
The younger generation is experimenting with the theme-based or color-coordinated home decor rugs in your living room. While some are choosing blue for a coastal vibe, others are going with the soothing mint green for a fresher appeal. Neutral colors like gray, white or beige are also in the trend. If you’re not scared to go a little extra – vibrant colors like pink or orange also adds magic when paired with neutral tone furniture and accessories.
A nature-friendly pick:
We at Green Decore have aimed to briefly mention the rug ideas you can use to transform the look of your home. By and by, we will bring different ways to decorate your spaces at length.