In order to remain healthy in the present times, yoga has become the first choice not only of Indians but also of foreigners. Ancient style yoga can prove to be efficient to protect the body from diseases and other problems.
Yoga poses helps in keeping a person healthy not only physically but mentally as well. There has also been much scientific research on the subjects of Yoga and Pranayama, in which these have been found beneficial.
Although there are many types of yoga, today we have brought this article for you, in this article, you will know what is Bhardwajasana yoga poses, the benefits, and the steps of doing Bhardwajasana. So, let’s start.
What is Bhardwajasana (Seated Twist Pose)?
Bhardwajasana is one of the very simple yoga postures, known as the Seated Twist Pose in the English language. According to ancient Indian history and mythology, the name Bhardwajna is derived from the Sanskrit word Bhardwaj, which is dedicated to the sage Bharadwaja. Hence this mudra is named Bhardwajasana. Who was one of the seven great sages (Sapta sages) and the creators of the Vedas? He was the father of Drona, lord of military arts, and royal master of Kauravas, Pandavas, and deities. And he also fought the great war of Mahabharata.
Bhardwajasana yoga is considered to be a very simple sitting posture, where the main focus is on bending the torso to one side, the strength of the back being perpendicular to the floor with the shoulders, and this in the devotion of the great sage Bhardwaj Lynn does it. Bhardwajasana moves the thoracic spine, increases hip and shoulder flexibility, and not only helps relieve tension but also makes your life great.
This asana is similar to Mayurasan, Padmasana Yoga, but it is a different posture. It has many variations, but at any rate, it starts in Dandasana (Staff Pose). Bharadvajasana opens the chakra (root) and Anahata (heart) chakras. Below are some simple instructions on how you can do Bharadwajana asana.
The right method to do Bharadvajasana Yoga Pose
For doing any asana, you should choose a good place where you feel absolutely comfortable in practicing yoga, making yourself feel comfortable is the initial stage of yoga. Let’s know how to do Bharadvajasana –
How To Do Bhardwajasana (Seated Twist Pose)
Here below we have given step-by-step tips to do Bhardwajasana Yoga, which you should know.
- For the practice of Bharadwajasana yoga, spread your yoga mat and sit on it in Dandasana posture.
- After sitting in this posture, keep the feet in front and the arms straight.
- Then bend the knees to the left. Make sure all your weight is on the right hip.
- Keep your right foot heel upon the left foot thigh.
- Then take a deep breath and straighten the spine bone. Then, exhaling slowly, fold the upper body from the waist to the head to the right.
- In this position, your left hip presses the weight of the body on the floor.
- Now keep your opposite hand on the left knee.
- With breath, straighten the backbone and bend the body.
- Take your head towards the left side and see through your left shoulder.
- Now stay in this position for a while. And take five to ten deep, comfortable breaths (as long as comfortable).
- Now slowly return to normalcy. Do once again this process.
Benefits of Bhardwajasana Yoga Pose (Seated Twist Pose)
Many physical and mental problems can be relieved by the benefits of Bhardwajasana, let us know what are the benefits of Bhardwajasana-
- This asana promotes the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for relaxing the body and digesting food.
- This asana provides a deep stretch to the hips as well as the shoulders. The shoulders also get a gentle stretch with the torso flexed.
- It also improves easy body blood circulation.
- This asana improves the functioning of the spleen, liver, kidneys, digestive system, and excretory system.
- With the practice of this asana, the joints of the hips, knees, ankles, and wrist joints are activated and play a good role.
- This asana also gives relief from neck pain, sciatica, and lower back pain.
- If this yoga asana is practiced regularly, then this asana helps to get rid of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- This asana is especially good in the second trimester of pregnancy to make the lower back strong, but only if your doctor agrees to give you supervision.
- This yoga massages the abdominal organs improves muscle strength as well as improve digestion.
Points keep in mind before performing Bhardwajasana Yoga Pose
- According to experts, this asana is considered best when yogis practice yoga early in the morning. Along with digesting food, it also provides the body with the energy to do asanas.
- If for some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, then you can practice this asana in the evening. Maintain a difference of four to six hours between the time of your workout and eating food.
Precautions should be taken before doing Bhardwajasana Yoga Pose
There are many benefits of doing Bhardwajasana yoga, so every person wants to do this asana. This asana is not unsafe. These precautions are as follows-
- Before doing asanas and pranayama, also consult the guidance of a good expert, yoga teacher, and doctor.
- People suffering from diarrhea or loose motion should not practice this asana.
- In situations of migraine, problems such as insomnia or low blood pressure should avoid doing this asana.
- Avoid this asana practice even when suffering from knee, hip, or spinal issues.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a yoga school in Rishikesh, India.
Hope after knowing all these benefits, you will never have to say what is Bhardwajasana Yoga Pose and what are the benefits and steps of Bhardwajasana (Seated Twist Pose).