Depending on who you ask – nail extensions are either thought of as a lurid, in vogue, or a way to pamper yourself. Consider blank canvas as self-expression. With just the right amount of knowledge, you can turn your nails into a masterpiece.
Nail Extensions: A Thing of A Past
Did you know the Chinese considered long nails to be a symbol of status? Long nails conveyed that the wearer is so rich that they can afford long nails since they have no laborious chores or tasks to do.
The Chinese were so obsessed with maintaining long nails that they even had nail guards to protect and beautify the long nails.
.This belief was also prevalent in other communities. Even to this day, in some cultures, long nails are indicators of an individual’s high social standing.
What’s All the Hype about Nail Extensions?
Social media is filled with nail art and extensions. Naturally, you must be curious about the new viral trend around nail art extension.
Nail extension involves the addition of an artificial tip to the tip of your nails to increase the length. The appendix is then strengthened by covering it in gel, acrylic, or fiberglass. On the other hand, the artificial nail may also be affixed over your natural nails. Therefore, bypassing the usage of the nail tips.
At present, even though a lot of people crave to have long nails. Some are not fortunate enough to have healthy and beautiful nails. Nail extension act as the perfect shortcut to achieve your dream nails. Nail extensions on bitten nails, short nails, or broken nails is the best way to conceal imperfections and to get beautiful long nails.
What Are The Various Types of Nail Extensions?
The nail extension techniques are categorized based on the material and how it are attached to your nails.
What Are Acrylic Nail Extensions?
Acrylic nail extension in Kolkata is the most common type of nail extension that almost everyone knows about. The acrylic nail is made out of a monomer liquid mixed with a polymer powder to form a paste that is glued onto your natural mail & tip. The paste hardens over time and can last a good 3-4 weeks.
- Acrylic extensions are suitable for women with brittle and weak nails.
- Acrylics are good for women who have a habit of biting their nails as they are very hard to bite off.
- Acrylic nails have been around longer than their counterparts. Therefore, the most nail technician at nail art service in Kolkata has a lot of experience about how to apply and remove these nails.
- You don’t have to worry about side effects as such.
- They last longer than gel nails.
- They can damage your natural nail underneath, if not removed properly.
- As acrylic nails are artificial enhancements as they present a fake look. You need a very talented technician who can apply your acrylics as close to natural ones.
- Application of acrylic nails involves the use of strong chemicals and the formation of fumes. Some women may have an allergy to such substances.
- You need refilling every month which means extra expenditure.
What Are Gel Nail Extensions?
At The Nail & Lash, you can get the Permanent Eyelash extension along with a Gel Nail Extension in Kolkata.
Gel nail extensions also called gel overlays that involved the application of a layer of thick transparent gel on your natural nail or nail extensions. These require the usage of LED or UV light exposure to set effectively.
- Since they are extremely lightweight they cause the least amount of discomfort.
- Unlike other nail treatments gel nail extensions, do not have an odor.
- They do not cause any damage to your natural nails. In fact, the product your natural nails and help them to grow.
- Gel nail extensions appear more natural.
- Due to its flexibility gel nails not only sit easy but also resistant to chipping
- Environmentally safe.
- Bit expensive.
- Since gel nail extensions require UV light for setting, you can’t just simply get a gel nail extensions kit to try getting gel nail extensions at home.
- They last only about 14 days which makes them less durable.
- Removing gel nails can be very tricky and time-consuming