Dubai loves a challenge and that is one of the reasons it is deemed as one of the futuristic cities in the world. Dubai has a niche for creating attractions that would stun the world. Among its many record-breaking marvels, Burj Khalifa stands out as the most outstanding masterpiece of architectural wonder in the city. Standing 829 meters high, the structure holds the world record as the tallest building in the world. Previously Dubai was recognized by the sail-shaped landmark of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. However, the unveiling of Burj Khalifa swiftly replaced it and became the iconic landmark of Modern Dubai. Since its opening, Burj Khalifa has become a favorite spot for international visitors. For locals, it is an easy answer to one of the things to do in Dubai this weekend dilemma in case they need a short break from daily life. A tour to Burj Khalifa is an absolute must-do in your Dubai travel plan and here is why you should visit it.
Some mind-blowing facts about Burj Khalifa:
- Burj Khalifa height of 829 meters is unmatched and presently nowhere on the earth does a city has such a magnificent marvel.
- The design of the tower is inspired by a Spider Lily flower. This architectural marvel is an effort of a dedicated team of architects and construction workers who meticulously planned and worked round the clock to put together more than 330000 cubic meters of concrete, 39000 cubic meters of steel and roughly 103000 square meters of glass panels to create this masterpiece. It took 6 years and a total of 22 million man-hours for the project to complete. The total cost of construction was calculated to a whopping 1.5 million dollars.
- This stunning tower was initially called Burj Dubai. It was later renamed to Burj Khalifa after the president of the United Arab Emirates – Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan as an honor.
- Burj Khalifa welcomed its first guests in January 2010 and since then over 1.81 million visitors visit it every year.
- Burj Khalifa holds numerous records to its names such as the tallest free-standing structure in the world, the highest occupied floor in the world, and the tallest outdoor observatory deck in the world.
- Burj Khalifa also has the tallest service elevator in the world which zooms to the top at 10 meters per second. The elevator has the longest travel distance than any other elevator in the world.
- Burj Khalifa has 160 floors above the ground and 1 underground floor. The apartments on the 160th floor happen to be the highest habitable apartments in the world. Burj Khalifa is a diverse tower which is home to residential apartments, corporate suites, luxury hotel, lounge and restaurants, swimming pools, health and fitness areas, and observatory decks. There is also a reading library located at the 123rd level of the tower. Altogether, Burj Khalifa is referred to as the vertical city of the Middle East.
Explore Burj Khalifa on a Dubai Trip
- The moment you step into the arena, you will find yourself spellbound by the grandeur of Burj Khalifa and its surroundings. Adjacent to this grand attraction, you will find another marvelous man-made creation and the world’s biggest dancing fountains– Dubai Fountains. The precinct is perfect to capture some picturesque moments and photograph the world’s tallest building in a single frame.
- Throughout the tower, you will come across exquisite pieces of paintings and artworks which are all made by global artists and commissioned from around the world. The lobby and entrances are adorned with impressive art installations. It thus makes an impressive art gallery for its visitors to experience.The ‘WorldVoice’ is one such magnificent installation made up of over 196 cymbals that creates harmony with water droplets.
- If you want the ultimate luxury stay, opt for the Armani Hotel Dubai which is located within the Burj Khalifa and offers bespoke luxury amid elegant ambiance.
- Burj Khalifa is the only place on earth where you can dine at the highest restaurant in the world. The At.mosphere at level 122 offers an amazing panoramic view of Dubai city. The view of the city sheathed in misty fog and the serene setting of the restaurants gives you a feeling of dining above the clouds.
- View the sunset twice at Burj Khalifa. The towers are so tall that you can witness a mesmerizing sunset from lower levels and then again from the observatory tower. Take a trip to the ‘At the Top’ observatory deck in the evening to experience a unique performance by the Dubai Fountain and witness the extraordinary aerial view of illuminated Dubai city below. If you are on a special occasion or during New Year’s Eve, you get to witness a grand illuminated spectacle of light and fireworks.